What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Work that can be done following the same pattern as the hornet to super-hornet..if we have the cash though.

True, which means slight airframe re-designs, new engine and avionics, but does it make JF 17 stealthy? Not really!

I appreciate this work...but the point is that is every plane convertable into Stealth Fighter.....the answer is no......so I highly doubt the 2nd picture as if there are plans for such an AC, it will not be JF-17 but rather something entirely different. The 1st Photo does make some sense as RAM coating can be applied to reduce the RCS further but I would prefer spending this money on adding more sophisticated avionics,better and more powerful engine and potent weapons systems to JF as RAM coatings will though decrease the RCS but increase the maintainence costs of JF-17 alongwith doing a little good to the overall performance....just my 2 cents, feel free to disagree

Hi hasnain0099, actually none of these pictures shows a stealth JF 17, simply because both carries their weapons, or fuel tanks on external weapon stations, not in internal like F22, F35 and Pak Fa will do.
The first pic shows a fighter with a design made for stealth, but that has nearly nothing to do with JF 17 anymore. Be it nose, wing, or tailfin, everything is different, which means it is more a new type of fighter, than an upgraded JF 17.
The second picture instead, would be more feasible, because changes are only visible at tail fins and fuselage. This will help to reduce RCS, but is not equal to stealth.

Last edited:
I think we should discuss about JF's promotional video as farnbourgh show is coming up .. should JF's aerobatics be compared with f-16 in promotional video. which colour should be used for its video. should bvr's engagement be used .. :bounce:

Last edited:
can anyone tell the specs of Egyptian version of JF's radar and aviaonics. any details about its BVR capability :pop:

can anyone tell the specs of Egyptian version of JF's radar and aviaonics. any details about its BVR capability :pop:

The deal is not been finalized yet, so there is no info regarding the radar and avionics .But if the deal will be finalized then it will surely have bvr capability and the avionics and radar should be most probably of chinese origin but they can be replaced by other available options on customers choice

Nope sancho it wont, but stealth and stealthy are relative terms.. RCS reduction is making something more stealthy(too simple a term.. but works). Since if the jet was going to be picked up at 80km now it will be picked up at 55..(eg). So it can get closer to launch safely.
But even the Super hornet has very little in common with the hornet..
A better way is to pursue something like the "have glass" modifications made to F-16's to reduce their RCS.

Nope sancho it wont, but stealth and stealthy are relative terms.. RCS reduction is making something more stealthy(too simple a term.. but works). Since if the jet was going to be picked up at 80km now it will be picked up at 55..(eg). So it can get closer to launch safely.
But even the Super hornet has very little in common with the hornet..
A better way is to pursue something like the "have glass" modifications made to F-16's to reduce their RCS.

Sure, but I guess we agree that there is a wide difference between Hornet/Super Hornet and F22/F35 in terms of RCS right?
JF 17 block 3 might get real redesigns of the airframe, similar to the Superhornet changes, but it will be RCS reductions and not real stealth features.

if tht level of speculation is discussion let me roll one more item, that is virtual stealth for JF 17, any thots about it? ( thought PAC does not have computing facilities for tht project for present).

there is prise issues between both partyes so deal which is not even done what we can say abut specifications abut the jf-17 Egyptian vision.

price issue can be solved, procuring FC-1 by egyptian air force is not going to take place anytime sooner as they're waiting for their 18-20 F-16 blk 52.
Perhaps they too are waiting for some better avionics for Thunder from China.

price issue can be solved, procuring FC-1 by egyptian air force is not going to take place anytime sooner as they're waiting for their 18-20 F-16 blk 52.
Perhaps they too are waiting for some better avionics for Thunder from China.

sir i got 1 line news that because of prise issue deal is canceled. i think china can't sold to them with some better avionics fc-1 until 2014.

can some one tell me the very latest update about jf17 prodaction and numbers of aircraft and also any new change about the jet
thanks........................................

Sure, but I guess we agree that there is a wide difference between Hornet/Super Hornet and F22/F35 in terms of RCS right?
JF 17 block 3 might get real redesigns of the airframe, similar to the Superhornet changes, but it will be RCS reductions and not real stealth features.

Yea.. that's pretty much what I was trying to say..dunno why you understood it to compare to the 5th stealth..
And comprendo to the whole block 3 thingie.. but I doubt that is coming anytime soon.. maybe 15 years later..
and hence why I too dont like using stealth to describe features to reduce RCS, but then again.. even stealth termed aircraft do get picked up by radar if they fly close enough.. even the F-22..with its steel pellet sized RCS, will eventually be seen if it flys smack over the radar(hypothetically off course)..
Which brings me to my question.. Whats stealth?..noun, verb or adjective..or can we use it a little liberally with an adverb?:confused:

sir i got 1 line news that because of prise issue deal is canceled. i think china can't sold to them with some better avionics fc-1 until 2014.

My information points to Egyptian acquisition of JF-17 in triple digits and not just for 30-40 copies. This explains why Egypt wants an assembly line. Also, Egypt and Pakistan are negotiating this project.

Avionics issue is under review and it may have an effect on the timimg of the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom