What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the air intakes would be bigger, the engine blades shouldn't be visible, all actual single engine fighters uses S-, or Y-ducts before the engine and I guess that is not different with JF 17 or (maybe someone has a cutaway, or graphic that shows it)?
You are ignoring the engine diameter.... and the intake shape is not quite Y like it is more like U at the point of intake... while blade part is large diameter.

However, that is only one part of the RCS, other points like size of the fighter, integrated RAM-, or other materials are important too.
Ok.. Thanks for acknowledging that... and JF-17 beat SU-30 in these parameters.. quite comprehensively.

Its comparable to the APG-66 in terms of size. so if we try to figure some stuff out just by that we can use the physical aperture size, guessed gain and wavelength in X-band to have our own little estimation of its range.
Where's gambit, he might be able to put this together into a formula.. I remember the one for effective aperture for an antenna and then I suppose with that you can use ones for far-field regions to get something..again shooting in the dark here.. I hated the antenna course anyway.

You are ignoring the engine diameter.... and the intake shape is not quite Y like it is more like U at the point of intake... while blade part is large diameter.

No I am not, the RD 93 can't be that big that it would visible in the air intakes at the sides.
Also I found an older cutaway on the PAC Kamra site and it shows a Y-Duct as far as I can say, but there should be some other members with that could say more about it:

sp-3.gif

http://www.pac.org.pk/amfsite-final/jf17specifications.html

Ok.. Thanks for acknowledging that... and JF-17 beat SU-30 in these parameters.. quite comprehensively.

So much for, Indian members always brings up the Su 30! :disagree:

the pics looks awesome.. how ever lot of work needs to be done to convert jf17 to this.. by that time it will be a all new machine ..

any how this is some fan boy work.which they have done impressively
:victory:

The radar antenna at 1:16 looks quiet big, i thought it was smaller, but if compared to the size of people standing nearby, it seems quiet big.
As now we can see which radar we are producing... Can you confirm its domestic production of KLJ 7 or some other radar.

U1335P27T1D493080F3DT20080402102833.jpg

Work that can be done following the same pattern as the hornet to super-hornet..if we have the cash though.

As now we can see which radar we are producing... Can you confirm its domestic production of KLJ 7 or some other radar.

U1335P27T1D493080F3DT20080402102833.jpg

It is KLJ-7, but specifications are better compared to the ones which were shown initially by the manufacturer or which we know as of now.

Though these are being kept classified.

Look at this radar pic and the one shown in the video, you will see the difference and some change in size of the antenna also. As the nose cone got bigger, thus larger antenna size can be accommodated also. Thus you can give it KLJ-7 name, but specifications have changed from the original one.

Hi TaimiKhan, if only that was an AESA radar. An AESA radar would be the entire size of the nose cone diameter, and would be able to cover so much more airspace and have a longer range. Well let's see what happens in Block II. Regardless, I am glad that Pakistan is producing this equipment on its own. Take care.

I appreciate this work...but the point is that is every plane convertable into Stealth Fighter.....the answer is no......so I highly doubt the 2nd picture as if there are plans for such an AC, it will not be JF-17 but rather something entirely different. The 1st Photo does make some sense as RAM coating can be applied to reduce the RCS further but I would prefer spending this money on adding more sophisticated avionics,better and more powerful engine and potent weapons systems to JF as RAM coatings will though decrease the RCS but increase the maintainence costs of JF-17 alongwith doing a little good to the overall performance....just my 2 cents, feel free to disagree

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom