What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that i would like to share with friends, initially we thought that many J-10 technologies were incorporated in the Thunder but this is not true. DSI, Extended LERX, ECM housing were all incorporated in the Thunder first. Not many people know that Thunder was the first Chinese fighter to have introduced true sensor fusion, powerful computer based architecture as was demanded by PAF and advanced EW systems. I am not saying that the J-10 was inferior at all, just that the jf-17 pioneered some technologies and Chinese used it as a testbed for future technologies and it worked. FC-20 has many revolutionary features not found in even some 4th gen fighters (SATCOM) etc..

care to elaborate on this revolutionary features of JF-17 ?

One thing that i would like to share with friends, initially we thought that many J-10 technologies were incorporated in the Thunder but this is not true. DSI, Extended LERX, ECM housing were all incorporated in the Thunder first. Not many people know that Thunder was the first Chinese fighter to have introduced true sensor fusion, powerful computer based architecture as was demanded by PAF and advanced EW systems.

well said:tup:

yep ..... simple example is DSI........ that wasn,t present in j-10a but now been incorporated in j-10b

Chinese WS-13 has put Russians under pressure and they are now willing to even give the improved RD-93 version with 90+kt thrust, WS-13 is likely to be in service before 2013-14 as far as i know.

You are quite right! Russians know the progress of WS-13, that might eventually turn to be a 10ton thrust engine. They are providing modified engines to stay in business, afterall 500 engines are not small money.

yep.... but dear i thing now are the days of high tech war.... aircraft with superior radar and missile will really make it count in war..... at that time r-73/74 archer is really lethal l in close combat and better than any of our short range AAM even better than future AIM-9M. SAME IS ABOUT R-77 WHEN IT COMES TO RANGE.... SO WORK ON THIS THING IS NEEDED TOO

One thing that i would like to share with friends, initially we thought that many J-10 technologies were incorporated in the Thunder but this is not true. DSI, Extended LERX, ECM housing were all incorporated in the Thunder first. Not many people know that Thunder was the first Chinese fighter to have introduced true sensor fusion, powerful computer based architecture as was demanded by PAF and advanced EW systems. I am not saying that the J-10 was inferior at all, just that the jf-17 pioneered some technologies and Chinese used it as a testbed for future technologies and it worked. FC-20 has many revolutionary features not found in even some 4th gen fighters (SATCOM) etc..

Those tech features are modular developed on other tech demonstrator planes. As I see it, JF-17 is somewhat limited by its aeordynamic design and metal structure. One could focus on modifying those before going for upgrade of the avionics or radar.

2eabb2e7179fd05586d22b7ff7895ecb.gif

WITH INDUCTION OF AWACS RADAR PROBLEM WILL BE SOLVED BUT ...... MISSILE........???????? ... COS IAF HAVE R-73/AA-11 AND PHYTON-4 AND NOW LOOKING FOR AIM-132 ASRAM

WITH INDUCTION OF AWACS RADAR PROBLEM WILL BE SOLVED BUT ...... MISSILE........???????? ... COS IAF HAVE R-73/AA-11 AND PHYTON-4 AND NOW LOOKING FOR AIM-132 ASRAM

stop posting cr@p from karlo joker websites. he has tendency of downgrading western equipment just to win his argument that australia should buy F-22 instead of F-35 or Hornets. For this idiot Pak-Fa is superior to F-22.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom