What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
AND U ARE RIGHT IT WAS HIS POINT OF VIEW BUT THERE IS IF NOT 100% THAN AT LEAST 60% REALITY IN ABOVE CHARTS .........

You are quite right! Russians know the progress of WS-13, that might eventually turn to be a 10ton thrust engine. They are providing modified engines to stay in business, afterall 500 engines are not small money.

RD 93 in JF 17 has 83/84 kN thrust and it's a derivate of the RD 33 series with similar thrust. The highest thrust RD 33 engine is the MK on offer for Mig 29K and Mig 35, which offers "only" 90kN, so where should the 100kN come from?
Also isn't it the other way around? Because the chinese engines aren't ready yet, they had to go for more Russian engines.

RD 93 in JF 17 has 83/84 kN thrust and it's a derivate of the RD 33 series with similar thrust. The highest thrust RD 33 engine is the MK on offer for Mig 29K and Mig 35, which offers "only" 90kN, so where should the 100kN come from?
Also isn't it the other way around? Because the chinese engines aren't ready yet, they had to go for more Russian engines.

may b french or chinese who knows

care to elaborate on this revolutionary features of JF-17 ?

Lots of them but just to mention a few here

- JF-17 04 with a previously unseen modern glass cockpit
- Highly processed information instead of raw data using all digital integrated electronic display
- High level of sensor integration
- Focused and integrated interference for EW and ECM
- Highly advanced Man Machine interface, etc
- Divertless supersonic intakes (DSI)

These things were not seen previously on chinese planes. For further detail, check this post

http://www.defence.pk/forums/378537-post692.html

hope paf should increase hardpoints and add IFR as soon as possible

Is Any PAF ex or current pilot here who can inform us with progress of jf-17 regarding IRF and hardpoints?

Thunder will be upgraded at every five years with something significant as mentioned by former Air Chief Kaleem Saadat. The first will be avionics, IRST, thrust to weight ratio, more hardpoints, IFR and weapons in a span of 25 years.

PAF could have gone for nine hardpoints right from the word go but instead, they embraced a cautious approach and stick to seven. Even at this early stage, it is only pleasing the Airforce personnel and one can hope, this impression will only be increased.

My concern is that when PAF have ability to incorporate IRF as they did in case of mirages they why not in jf-17 from the word go? why delays when we donot of fighters with IRF (just a handful of mirages),what will we do with our il-78 till thn:hitwall:

Testing a new platform takes time and thunder is no exception. It will be equipped in due course with all the goodies my friend. Patience is a virtue. We have the plane in hands now. We will equip it with IFR for sure.

Testing a new platform takes time and thunder is no exception. It will be equipped in due course with all the goodies my friend. Patience is a virtue. We have the plane in hands now. We will equip it with IFR for sure.

Time is running quickly my friend and we know well what is happening around us u can never expect goodies from India and Israel in case of any future conflict(currently seems to b a cold war strategy) Paf will left with no choice Fc-20 not still inducted ,jf-17 still in early stages,f-16 going for MLU and than Falcon Star structural upgrade ,it will left Paf with ancient mirages and f-7's none of them is a suitable bvr capable fighter ,unlike 1960's its not dogfight era where u can out smart your enemy with super skills its Bvr era

Our Armed Forces are fully aware of challenges lying ahead and they are coping up with them in a manner that even the Yanks had to appreciate their effort. Don't be pessimistic bro, have faith in them as they will never let us down. Against all the odds, we are still moving ahead which is a sign that we are in safe hands.

hope paf should increase hardpoints and add IFR as soon as possible

Is Any PAF ex or current pilot here who can inform us with progress of jf-17 regarding IRF and hardpoints?

i dont think they will increase the hardpoints, because the current design fits in the current requirment of PAF. it can carry 4 AtoA missiles(note: PAF f-16s carry only 4 missiles for air defence) and it can also perform as a light bomber.
adding more hardpoints means we need a more powerfull engine, because current payload capacity of jf-17 is around 3.6 tons, which is pretty low!!!(if u compare with f-16). And if we do add a new powerfull engine then we probably gonna need bigger fuel tanks...
so the bottom line is that they would have to make few changes in the design, and that probably will delay the project, and i dont think PAF would want that....

Last edited:
WHAT ABOUT M-53 .....THERE ARE NEWS OF PAKISTANI INTEREST IN M-53.. WITH 95 KN THRUST
When you post in capital letters only, it seems that you are screaming. There was a member who used to post only in bold, and I think he got reprimanded for it. So I suggest you stop using Capital letters unnecessarily.

Just an advice, take it or leave it.

My concern is that when PAF have ability to incorporate IRF as they did in case of mirages they why not in jf-17 from the word go? why delays when we donot of fighters with IRF (just a handful of mirages),what will we do with our il-78 till thn:hitwall:

use them as a heavy lift transport aircraft!
:azn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom