What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly, this image show even less tracking range for 2032 and 2035 radars. It is difficult to find what the actual ranges are.

ec3b41a6c7257ac90137c247a30e5237.jpg

EL/M-2032 air-to-air mode has a detection and tracking range of up to 150 km, the

air-to-ground mode generates high resolution radar imagery of locations at up to 150

km, and air-to-sea mode can detect and classify naval targets at ranges of up to 300

km. The radar system weighs between 72 and 100 kg. To date, Elta Systems has

integrated this radar system into F-4, F-5, F-16, Mirage and Mig-21.

link : EL/M-2032

NEWS....

PAC kamra is all set to dedicate a second assembly/production line to JF17 project in this very year and thus it will speed up the production of JF17, necessary to meet the target number within the specified time frame.
currently PAC kamra operates three parallel production line one of which is dedicated to JF 17 while the other two handle the F7PG and mirage upgradation plus the general maintainance. PAC kamra planes to open a fourth production line increasing the total to four out of which 2 will be producing JF17.
good news, indeed!!
hopefully this will help to make PAF stronger!!

regards!
regards!

NEWS....

PAC kamra is all set to dedicate a second assembly/production line to JF17 project in this very year and thus it will speed up the production of JF17, necessary to meet the target number within the specified time frame.
currently PAC kamra operates three parallel production line one of which is dedicated to JF 17 while the other two handle the F7PG and mirage upgradation plus the general maintainance. PAC kamra planes to open a fourth production line increasing the total to four out of which 2 will be producing JF17.
good news, indeed!!
hopefully this will help to make PAF stronger!!

regards!
regards!

source for this news???

I will stick to my point that there is uncertainty regarding elta figures. Three sources, all claiming different ranges ..

The introduction of DSI inlets have reduced the amount of smoke emission reduced dramatically as was the case in the previous inlets. The Mig-29' rd-33 was known for its black smoke trail visible from quite a distance hence was deemed unacceptable but still it is being used in them as of today, although with slight improvements. Smoke issue is not a serious one as current thunders are known to emit them at certain angles only. This was not the case in PT-01 though.

i heard that kamra is one of the biggest assembly plant in the world, so then why the production rate of jf17 is so slow?!

What you have heard is right but they don't have many production assembly lines as of now (three). As mentioned above, they are working on one more so this is good news indeed as it will churn out more jf-17s than what it has been in the past. Overall it will increase their capability at least twice.

Russian engines traditionally always gave out black smoke & the russians never really worried much about it! this video also mentions it that the russians really don't give a damn about black smoke....

Last edited by a moderator:
What you have heard is right but they don't have many production assembly lines as of now (three). As mentioned above, they are working on one more so this is good news indeed as it will churn out more jf-17s than what it has been in the past. Overall it will increase their capability at least twice.

I am really happy about the second assembly line.However, it may mean anther aspect which forum members are forgetting. It may mean that we are gearing up to export the plane. I think that after a stated rate of production which we do not want to exceed for purely financial reason, is:
A) The chinese have other projects which they want to occupy themselves with. A decision having been made that they will not buy any more JF17s for PLAAF, they are clearing up their assembly lines in preparation of Kamra taking over. This would mean that one assembly line would be for locaL production, while the other may churn out export models.
This is purely a surmise. I have no info to the contrary and I Have presented a view point for discussion.
Araz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom