What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The aircraft in the pic looks like F-15 eagle.

Do they have CFT's , I haven't heard of any or seen them.

pls could someone explain!

Well Sir, the pic that u r referring to is showing a CFT being taken towards the F-15. The man dragging the large boat like thing is one of the CFT being installed on the F-15.

If u look into the background u will see another F-15 with CFT installed on it, the insignia area behind the cockpit.

The aircraft in the pic looks like F-15 eagle.

Do they have CFT's , I haven't heard of any or seen them.

pls could someone explain!

yeah it is F-15....

BTW we need gambit :D
The CFTs in case of F-15 are carried under the wings

F-15C entered service with CFT capability. Initially known as FAST packs (Fuel And Sensor Tactical), each unit carried an additional 849 gallons (3,214 liters) of fuel and were first tested on the F-15B in 1974. Today only Israeli F-15C/Ds regularly use CFT's. All U.S. F-15Es, and Strike Eagle export variants such as the IAF and Singapore models, are fitted with CFT's and require modification to fly without them.

here are the pictures...

0a786d15f368637acba28caadfb0ee1e.jpg

07e4eee80e4f68e57a00e2e6bfeebfa0.jpg

50c01e8e25be6846a1a91208a20b5cad.png

80b3e8e01cabfa68ea3e33f9191499b0.jpg

Interesting pictures so there is a possibility of CFTs on JF-17 on blk2/3

Interesting pictures so there is a possibility of CFTs on JF-17 on blk2/3

Yes, The possibility is wide open, although, as i see it, it will be rarely used because JF-17 already has good enough fuel capacity for its intended role, i.e. point defence, territorial defence, as well as close air support of border lying areas.

The roles of Deep Penetration and Air interdiction will be left to 100+ F16s and FC20s which IMO are enough to carry out these dangerous tasks.

Regards,
Sapper

Yes, The possibility is wide open, although, as i see it, it will be rarely used because JF-17 already has good enough fuel capacity for its intended role, i.e. point defence, territorial defence, as well as close air support of border lying areas.

The roles of Deep Penetration and Air interdiction will be left to 100+ F16s and FC20s which IMO are enough to carry out these dangerous tasks.

Regards,
Sapper

Could'nt understand this one:no:

What are Conformal fuel Tanks.

Conformal Fuel Tanks (CFTs) are additional fuel tanks fitted closely to the profile of an aircraft which extend either the range or "time on station" of the aircraft, with little aerodynamic penalty compared to the same fuel capacity carried in external "drop tanks".

Conformal fuel tanks have the disadvantage that, unlike drop tanks, they cannot be discarded when empty. This is because conformal tanks are "plumbed" into the aircraft, and can only be removed on the ground. Thus, when the CFTs are empty, the aircraft continues to suffer the same aerodynamic penalty, with no benefit. However, to use the Eurofighter Typhoon as an example, an aircraft with CFTs can carry a full weapons load and two 1,500 litre CFTs, whereas a Typhoon without CFTs has to sacrifice at least two weapons pylons to carry drop tanks, reducing either range or weapons load.

CFTs also have the advantages of not significantly increasing an aircraft's radar cross-section, and allowing a higher maximum speed than drop tanks.:sniper:

Examples

* F-15/F-15E
F-15C entered service with CFT capability. Initially known as FAST packs (Fuel And Sensor Tactical), each unit carried an additional 849 gallons (3,214 liters) of fuel and were first tested on the F-15B in 1974. Today only Israeli F-15C/Ds regularly use CFT's. All U.S. F-15Es, and Strike Eagle export variants such as the IAF and Singapore models, are fitted with CFT's and require modification to fly without them. The FASTPack was originally intended to carry a navigational and targeting infrared sensor system (thus "Fuel And Sensor"); however, the F-15 simply began carrying LANTIRN pods for ground-attack missions instead.
* F-16
Export aircraft for Greece, Israel, Poland, Singapore and the UAE all plumbed for carriage of two CFTs, each capable of holding 450 gallons (1,701 litres)
* Rafale¹
Two 1,150 litre CFTs were first tested by Dassault in April 2001.
* Typhoon¹
Wind tunnel tested by BAE, two CFTs carrying 1,500 litres.
* J-6[1]
* Gripen¹
* Q-5[2]

01947857e5a990c321970f63ab37aed1.jpg

Rafale with CFT's.

CFT's on JF-17 Thunder ..

http://media.photobucket.com/image/conformal+fuel+tanks/Achakzai1/Thunders/PAFJF-17ThunderinCGIforprojectedfut.jpg?o=3

Regards:

Could'nt understand this one:no:

I think he is referring to current estimated total of both ACs
46 (Old F-16s) +36(FC-20s) +18 (Bl 52) =100

One thing I can't understand is that why do we need CFT's on Thunders? We are going to have Ariel refueling right? so there is no need for CFT's on thunder, its a CAS, CAP and more likely an interceptor so no need for CFT's here

JF-17 is also a commercial product and with options like CFT........ make it compete with popular multi role platforms.
Why an air refuling capable JF-17 shall not have CFT??? what's wrong or impposible? it just add to its flying time!

JF-17 is also a commercial product and with options like CFT........ make it compete with popular multi role platforms.
Why an air refuling capable JF-17 shall not have CFT??? what's wrong or impposible? it just add to its flying time!

its just like you're painting the painting. I agree CFT's can be designed for Export versions as per needs of customers but I still hold my view of not having CFT's on Thunders.

its just like you're painting the painting. I agree CFT's can be designed for Export versions as per needs of customers but I still hold my view of not having CFT's on Thunders.

I think it's more like giving a new wax coat on the paint.

I absolutely agree. Having CFTs and Air to Air refuelling are two separate issues. Having a CFT means the plane has more flying time. In the case of CAP planes it could make a large difference. In a BVR environment, things are not so simple as in A4m of shooting and scooting, its a whole long game of launches and misses and may go on for a very long period. It is here that the CFTs or Drop tanks for tht matter come in handy for no sane person will ever keep an air to air refueller anything less thn a 100 km AWAY from the combat zone, so any plane going away for refuelling is actually taking himself away from combat for an extended period. In BVR this makes a difference.

can anybody tell me how many J-17 paf have(single & double seater ) and how many a/c per yr make by Pakistan to fulfill his requirement. plz tell me true dnt try to make prediction.

can anybody tell me how many J-17 paf have(single & double seater ) and how many a/c per yr make by Pakistan to fulfill his requirement. plz tell me true dnt try to make prediction.

1、At least 11 JF-17s now

2、i think pac produce jf17s like this:

2010-------15

2011-------18

2012-------20

ASIA PACIFIC
Date Posted: 24-Nov-2009

Jane's Defence Weekly

Pakistan rolls out first home-produced JF-17

Farhan Bokhari JDW Correspondent - Islamabad

The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) formally took delivery of its first domestically assembled JF-17 fighter aircraft on 24 November. The aircraft - also known as the FC-1 or 'Thunder' in Pakistan - was built by the PAF-run Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), located north of Islamabad, in collaboration with China's CATIC (China Aviation Technology Import-Export Corporation).

On 7 March the PAC and CATIC signed an agreement for the serial production of 42 JF-17s in addition to eight other aircraft built in China and already handed over to the PAF. The PAF plans to buy up to 250 of the JF-17s, making them the most numerous type ever inducted in the air force. With an estimated current price tag of around USD20million per aircraft, the JF-17 programme is expected to cost Pakistan at least USD5 billion.

The PAC is currently believed to have a capacity to produce 15-16 JF-17s per year. This will have to increase if the PAF is to meet its objective of completing the type's induction during the next decade. Alternatively, some fully completed fighters could be imported from China. PAF officials have said that 58 per cent of JF-17 components will be built in Pakistan by time the 42 JF-17s are produced - a significant boost to Pakistan's indigenous capacity to produce fighter aircraft.

With the eight JF-17s already delivered from China, the PAF should have enough of the type to produce its first JF-17 squadron some time next year.

China has been a supplier of fighter aircraft and other defence hardware to Pakistan since 1966, a year after the 1965 India-Pakistan war prompted suspension of US military sales. However, in recent years Pakistan has come to rely increasingly on China as a source for advanced technology and not just second- or third-line equipment. Besides the PAF, China has this year begun supplying new F-22P frigates to Pakistan's navy and has in the past co-operated with Islamabad in the development of the Al-Khalid main battle tank.

Western defence analysts believe China is keen to use its long-term ties with Pakistan, and the equipment it exports there, to inspire other developing countries to purchase Chinese equipment. "There is a long history of China's close ties with Pakistan. For Beijing, successful demonstration of its weapons in Pakistan's use is a way to encourage interest from others," one Islamabad-based Western defence official told Jane's .

PAF officials have described the JF-17 as a 'low-cost modern aircraft', with comparisons drawn to the F-16A and B models sold to Islamabad by the US in the early 1980s. However, Western defence officials say an accurate comparison would require a detailed technical evaluation of the two types side-by-side.

Earlier this month, Pakistani and Western officials reported that Pakistan and China had reached an understanding for Beijing to sell at least 36 of its J-10 fighter aircraft to Islamabad.

After formally attending the JF-17 rollout ceremony on 24 November, Pakistani Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani said negotiations were continuing between Pakistan and China on a J-10 deal. However, defence analysts say both sides appear to have decided not to publicly confirm their agreement for fear of provoking Western concerns over expanding Sino-Pakistani defence ties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom