What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Zimbabwe is in line to get the FC-1. The deal don't have visibility because of the animosity towards Zimbabwe by the world in general. In July the Zimbabwe defence minister went to China to sign a $5b loan and just last the annouced an $8b investment package with China Sonogal - apprently with some of the money already distributed, i.e. the dealings are kept secret until they are halfway through execution.

hopefull you got it right Mr.Tempest and hopefull we will also get some share out of it...

well other then just the money what is more important is that we get to export some planes made in pakistan at sopme stage, that really will be a land mark.
for the time being PAC is more intrested in meeting the needs of PAF.

regards!

dec474e086c7fd4d47c95220829bff76.jpg

China intends to supply FC-1 multipurpose fighters to Azerbaijan, Izvestia daily reads Nov.19 referring to the information that design was made with the assistance of Russian Aircraft Corporation “MiG”.

According to the source, the contract for FC-1 production was signed by Rosoboronexport with the approval of Russian Federal Service of Military-Technical Cooperation (FSMTC). Zimbabwe is also among the potential buyers, whereas Beijing intends to launch a serial manufacturing of the fighters in Pakistan.

Azeri Military Expert Uzeir Jafarov confirmed the information and added, “As far as I know, negotiations were held and our country intends to buy the hardware from China. Thus, I deem our defense ministry plans to purchase the equipment from the PRC.”

Meanwhile, the expert was puzzled with potential possibility of Chinese equipment purchase – which he considers is not widely used. As per Chinese and Pakistani experts, up to 800 fighters might be sold. FSMTC seems to be comfortable about it, intending to supply China with 100 engines for FC-1, Izvestia says.

Rouslan Pukhov, Russian defense analyst and director of the Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies, declared that without Russian engines there cannot be any major export of Chinese fighters. “It’s another matter that China might act in its own way. They can sign a contract with us assuring the engines are intended for them, however resell them further, thus causing a direct damage to us,” Pukhov underlined.

dec474e086c7fd4d47c95220829bff76.jpg

China intends to supply FC-1 multipurpose fighters to Azerbaijan, Izvestia daily reads Nov.19 referring to the information that design was made with the assistance of Russian Aircraft Corporation “MiG”.

According to the source, the contract for FC-1 production was signed by Rosoboronexport with the approval of Russian Federal Service of Military-Technical Cooperation (FSMTC). Zimbabwe is also among the potential buyers, whereas Beijing intends to launch a serial manufacturing of the fighters in Pakistan.

Azeri Military Expert Uzeir Jafarov confirmed the information and added, “As far as I know, negotiations were held and our country intends to buy the hardware from China. Thus, I deem our defense ministry plans to purchase the equipment from the PRC.”

Meanwhile, the expert was puzzled with potential possibility of Chinese equipment purchase – which he considers is not widely used. As per Chinese and Pakistani experts, up to 800 fighters might be sold. FSMTC seems to be comfortable about it, intending to supply China with 100 engines for FC-1, Izvestia says.

Rouslan Pukhov, Russian defense analyst and director of the Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies, declared that without Russian engines there cannot be any major export of Chinese fighters. “It’s another matter that China might act in its own way. They can sign a contract with us assuring the engines are intended for them, however resell them further, thus causing a direct damage to us,” Pukhov underlined.

Where ever u see, Indians are trolling. :mod:

design was made with the assistance of Russian Aircraft Corporation “MiG”.
hahahah assistance of Russian Aircraft Corporation :rofl: :rofl:
These r roumours,

Design was initially designed by USA and China and the project was known SABREII in early 90's, laterly USA left and China worked on the project with Pakistan with the name of Super 7.

In early design phase USA and China developed it from Tigershark.

e34bedc02960050283f6697860d9c3c7.jpg

Let me laugh once more on ur words
According to the source, the contract for FC-1 production was signed by Rosoboronexport with the approval of Russian Federal Service of Military-Technical Cooperation (FSMTC).
and
design was made with the assistance of Russian Aircraft Corporation “MiG”.

:rofl:

Later when Pakistan and China joined for project, USA offered India F-20 Tigershark for local development and production. but the negotiations broke off. (This could be the reason of Nuke development both by Pak and India)

There is no (FSMTC) involvment in the project not even 0.00001%. So plz dont flame.

There are number of potential buyers but the first priority is to develop for PAF, thats y the export is delayed. May be we will see some export to other countries next year.

Rouslan Pukhov, Russian defense analyst and director of the Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies, declared that without Russian engines there cannot be any major export of Chinese fighters.
Another senseless comment, Well for this.
China is developing her own engine "WS-10A Taihang turbofan", far batter then RD-93 , with Thrust-to-weight ratio: 7.5:1 and Maximum Thrust: 132 kN with afterburner.... u can say it is going to be one of the latest enignes and far more batter then those engines used in JF-17, J-10 and J-11.

Besides that PAF is considering western engine for Jf-17 Block-II (later development jets after first 50 using RD)

Plz learn, dont critisize with little or no information

Last edited:
yes we are also getting them...

faababf7d1044af9e3da31a2b1185a5f.jpg

15c8b5e5897e9adfbc3d57984e47784b.jpg

I think PAC should also think abt Conformal Fuel Tanks (CFTs) for JF-17 as lockhead designed for Block 52.
JF-17 already have less stations which is 7, alocating CFT above wings on JF will not only save its station points but also improve its deep strike capabilities.

PAF already have 8 JF-17.
China delivered 5 JF-17 Yesterday.
PAC would deliver 1 and first today.

5 are about to deliver from PAC (Kamra)(may be in mid Dec).

Total would be 19, by the end of this year

195da4305d4495ff36de5dbd1ea7058b.gif

JF-17 Thunder handed over to PAF
Monday, 23 Nov, 2009 12:57 pm

ISLAMABAD : The first state of the art JF-17 Thunder multi-role fighter plane, produced in Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra, has been handed over to Pakistan Air force on Monday.

Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani inaugurated the roll out ceremony of Pakistan-made fighter aircraft JF-17 Thunder at Kamra and formally handed over fighter plane to Pakistan Air Force.

Pakistan formally rejoicing its joining the fighter aircraft manufacturers club today on roll out of first multi-role state-of-the art aircraft being crafted with the help of evergreen friend China.

Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani was the chief guest at the rolling out which held at the mother industry - Pakistan Aeronautical Complex - of JF-17 Thunder at Kamra.

This will kick start a new era in Pak-China relationship, and aviation industry, Gilani said, adding that PAF has played significant role in country’s defence and the war against terror as well.

Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani, Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman and Chinese ambassador were also present in the ceremony.

Both China as well as PAF attaches a lot of importance to this project which is materializing after hectic and laborious efforts, spanning over almost a decade.

The PAC has generated all the capability to produce the aircraft locally for its onward delivery to PAF besides materializing purchase orders from abroad as export.

The JF-17 Thunder a new generation, light-weight, all weather, day/night multi-role fighter aircraft with glass cockpit, hands-on-throttle-and-stick (HOTAS) controls and efficient man-machine interface will ensure a minimal pilot workload.

The maximum speed of Mach 1.6 and a high thrust-to-weight ratio will enable it to perform well in an air defence role. An ability to carry short - as well as long-range air-to-air missiles, lends the aircraft a first shot capability of conventional as well as non-conventional arsenal.

In the surface attack role, a variety of weapons - conventional as well as precision-guided, a sophisticated avionics suite along with accurate weapon delivery system, ensure higher mission success rate.

An effective ECM suite will greatly enhance survivability of the platform. Its anticipated air-to-air refuelling capability will provide the JF-17 with more loiter time to safeguard the frontiers and the ability to deliver the required punch at distance. It will replace the ageing fleets of A-5s, F-7Ps and the Mirages in the PAF inventory thus fulfiling a multi-role task.

In addition to that the PAC would also be able to export its surplus production in the days to come as the aircraft has received acclaims from the user like PAF.

AAJ TV : Pakistan Ki Awaz

I am a new member here and while reading through I noticed a lot of information about the JF-17 and I must say that it looks formidable. But does any one have any real information on what makes it a 4.5 gen aircraft? The attributes of this aircraft are given generically

I am a new member here and while reading through I noticed a lot of information about the JF-17 and I must say that it looks formidable. But does any one have any real information on what makes it a 4.5 gen aircraft? The attributes of this aircraft are given generically

it doesn't comes into a 4.5th generation aircraft, rather in a 4th generation to say.

hopefull you got it right Mr.Tempest and hopefull we will also get some share out of it...

well other then just the money what is more important is that we get to export some planes made in pakistan at sopme stage, that really will be a land mark.

regards!

Agreed PAF needs are first priori:pakistan:ty

regards!

50% of agreed profit. Whether PAC produces it or CAC both will get 50 50 of profit earned.Its would be good if CAC produces it as PAC will get 50% for doing nothing virtually. and if PAC produces it, its always good to get the job done by yourself as every time a JF is produced, the skill level of PAC (AMF) goes up:coffee:

Guys , Another dream has come true , Pakisan has become the First Muslim Nation to develop and deploy its own 4th generation Fighter jet:pakistan: Lets say Alhamdullilah..:smitten:

And one Remider to you all , Lets not forget an Eagle who spent his Days and Nights to start this dead programe once again , i say ! lets pay a selute to The " Air chief Marshal Mushaf ali Mir shaheed" lets keep Him and his efforts for this Programe in our memories for ever.

And lets think how happy his soul would be in heavens to see this Day:agree:

Salute!!!!!:pakistan:

Pakistan Zindabad

I think PAC should also think abt Conformal Fuel Tanks (CFTs) for JF-17 as lockhead designed for Block 52.
JF-17 already have less stations which is 7, alocating CFT above wings on JF will not only save its station points but also improve its deep strike capabilities.

With Areal refueling and limited role (as compared to F-16 and possible FC-20). I seriously think we don't need such thing as thunders will be doing a lot of their work in the current boundaries of the country and will not be used for a strike role so as they wont be flying over enemy territory where liberty of refueling is not available, they wont need to have CFTs which FC-20 and F-16 will have in order to 1) have greater fuel 2) freeing up HPs for weapons carriage

So what kind of roles are envisaged for this ac. Air defence? WHat kind of ew capability does the JF-17 have? Most of the data on this ac speaks of the SD-10 being the primary BVR , has it been integrated yet? The wiki also says it no escape zone is 45 km look up and 35 look down, Is this an e pole? why the difference? We in india have never had chinese ac and are rather curious on its intricacies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom