What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bangladesh Air Force's A-5Cs have been upgraded in 2008 to fire LS-6 and LT-2 ground attack munitions giving them advanced strike capability.

PAF should improve A5III to A5IIIA(like BAF's A5IIIA) to fire LS-6 and LT-2 ground attack munitions

The Chinese had offered the option to PAF, but PAF declined the offer on the basis that the aircrafts were very old and their airframe life was also nearing its end and it would be taking time and money to refurbish them, also PAF had JF-17s coming in, Mirage had gone through the ROSE I & II upgrades, F-16s were coming in.

A-5s were nearly grounded with the news of arrival of JF-17s, but the delay in raising of 1st Sqd and War for Pakistan made PAF A-5s air worthy again and nowadays their activity of flying is very high, in my more then one year of my living around the base, haven't seen such high rate of A-5 activity before on a continuous basis.

The Fantans are unleashing their power & fury one last time before they bow down and retire :)

Bangladesh Air Force's A-5Cs have been upgraded in 2008 to fire LS-6 and LT-2 ground attack munitions giving them advanced strike capability.

PAF should improve A5III to A5IIIA(like BAF's A5IIIA) to fire LS-6 and LT-2 ground attack munitions

Bangladesh don't need to face the same defence pressure as Pakistan
i don't think we want to upgrade that old lady,PLA had no choice

I read this news with some disappointment. I was under some impression that Beirut agreed to procure some JF-17 Thunders; seems like it was media myth

BEIRUT: A Russian military delegation is expected this weekend in Lebanon to inspect three military airports before Moscow sends 10 MiG-29s jet fighters in military aid, a Lebanese Army source told the media Wednesday.

According to the source, the three airports to be inspected are located in Beirut and in east Lebanon. The source said the delegation would inspect “Lebanese Army logistic brigades and units as well as a number of institutions and military academies.”

According to media reports the delegation was to arrive Tuesday night and would stay until November 26. Earlier this year, Moscow announced it would supply Lebanon with 10 MiG-29 fighter jets.

Russian-Lebanon MiG-29 deal enters in final phase - GEO.tv

The Chinese had offered the option to PAF, but PAF declined the offer on the basis that the aircrafts were very old and their airframe life was also nearing its end and it would be taking time and money to refurbish them, also PAF had JF-17s coming in, Mirage had gone through the ROSE I & II upgrades, F-16s were coming in.

A-5s were nearly grounded with the news of arrival of JF-17s, but the delay in raising of 1st Sqd and War for Pakistan made PAF A-5s air worthy again and nowadays their activity of flying is very high, in my more then one year of my living around the base, haven't seen such high rate of A-5 activity before on a continuous basis.

The Fantans are unleashing their power & fury one last time before they bow down and retire :)

i didnt know u live near the base......please take some videos (even on mobile if necessary) and upload them

this is brotherly request!!! :smitten:

im not gonna lie. I will shed some tears when we phase out the A-5 fantans.....

those are AWESOME aircrafts, even to this day. And they have served PAF loyally and with grace.

God bless China for the cooperation.

tell me about the pods in adove picture

well firstly i think this is a phtoshop creation.although wing load is real.you can easily find the original pic on net.

if we number harpoints from left to right 1-7

so 1and7 WVR AAM
2 and 6 GBU's attached on extender

3 4 5 fuel tanks

IFR probe is photo shop creation

THATS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! A few take offs would be nice at least :) depending on if u have an open roof on ur house or something

thanks for clarification, Taha. You are Man of The Day on PDF i think.

IFR HAD to be a photochop, the pic had me puzzled for minutes.

cross posting from SDF

just looked at the November's issue of Kanwa. It says that China and Russia just signed an agreement for delivering 57 RD-93 starting this year as part of the 100 RD-93s. This should be for the first batch of 42 JF-17s.

Things looks to be going smooth for the JF-17 production. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom