What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

1、UHF/VHF Communication antenna
2、Shortwave antenna
3、The omnidirectional synthesis radar warning locates /Self-defense electronic countermeasure system antenna

1、Digital electrostatic type atmosphere data pickoff

2、Incidence vane

3、AIFF Advanced friend-or-foe identification antenna

what about radar integration of jf-17 ? .... what about IOC and FOC ...and till jf achieves that those planes bieng built at kamra ( am i right ?) will be LSP models right ? so whats the intended timeline set for all these things ?

CAN ANYONE ENLIGHTEN ME ON THIS ISSUE ?

what about radar integration of jf-17 ? .... what about IOC and FOC ...and till jf achieves that those planes bieng built at kamra ( am i right ?) will be LSP models right ? so whats the intended timeline set for all these things ?
CAN ANYONE ENLIGHTEN ME ON THIS ISSUE ?

Well for first batch of 50 aircraft the radar has been chosen and integration would also be complete by now as its been a long time since the aircraft are flying with it and testing it. Type and specifications & capabilities of the radar are unknown for now.

IOC most probably would be achieved with the raising of first full fledge squadron by year end hopefully as 8 JF-17s are already being flown by PAF, and first 2 were received 2 & a half years ago, which by now would have given PAF pretty good experience in getting familiarized with JF-17. One JF-17 would be rolling out this month as per latest news and 7 would be coming from China by year end, making it a total of 16, one full squadron strength. Which would be raised hopefully by either year end or in next year. We don't have the LSP concept. And hopefully with raising of 2nd squadron FOC can be achieved. But in JF-17 the aircraft are gonna come in 3 batches or blocks with some design change may be and definitely change in avionics suite and engine, so for JF-17 i believe we will be seeing multiple IOCs and FOCs for each block or batch.

is it true that PAF is now more interested in J-10 rather than in JF-17?

It was before, but then changed the thinking back to JF-17, but any recent change can't be said, i doubt it highly unlikely otherwise they would have wrapped up the JF-17 program long ago. J-10 was there even before JF-17 program was started and J-10 was finally revealed at a time when JF-17 was going through its evolution phase and changed to this new design.

Also if the recent deal of J-10/FC-20 is seen, it gives approx a price of 40Million US$ per plane, while JF-17 gives a price range of about 20-25Million US$ per plane, one huge difference looking into the financial position of PAF and our country.

Last edited:
can some one help with Thuder's Reconnaissance capibilities ?;)

is it true that PAF is now more interested in J-10 rather than in JF-17?

The J-10 is being acquired in small numbers to enhance the PAF strength and inventory to neutralise the Indian threat while the JF-17 is being inducted in large quantity to initially replace the A-5s and eventually the F-7 and Mirage fleet, hence it will be the backbone of PAF.

The J-10 is being acquired in small numbers to enhance the PAF strength and inventory to neutralise the Indian threat while the JF-17 is being inducted in large quantity to initially replace the A-5s and eventually the F-7 and Mirage fleet, hence it will be the backbone of PAF.

The initial batch that will be delivered would be of 36 fighters and if the PAF likes them then they are expected to have around 5 squadrons of the J-10 in totals

:taz:
can some one help with Thuder's Reconnaissance capibilities ?;)

I believe the capabilities will be defined by the pod the integrate ... ... I have not seem much detail on Chinese recce pods and I have not seen anything on what Western recce pods it will be able to carry.

Just my thinking!

there is no actuall recon abilities in the plane itself and it need to take a pod for this ascpec. tuhs the abilities will depend on which PID the Jf is carrying i atleast i dont know any options for this!!

regards!

What type of engine is being used for the first batch of JF-17s ? When do u think Pakistan will be able to build engine for the JF-17s ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom