What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,
The first thunder made in PAC, was suppsoed to roll out in october:azn:, where is it????? october is passing by, but where is the thunder:what:. can anyone give info about the current status:undecided:. missing sir Murad, he could have given us some much needed info about the project.
regards

hello,
The first thunder made in PAC, was suppsoed to roll out in october:azn:, where is it????? october is passing by, but where is the thunder:what:. can anyone give info about the current status:undecided:. missing sir Murad, he could have given us some much needed info about the project.
regards

October is not over yet.
soon we will here any official news

i dont know wether this would sound dumb but just out of curisity is it possible that in any rader chooese for jf-17 or for fc-20 can guide different orgin of weapons at the same time i.e chinese bvr with american aim-9x or sidewinder or any europian missile and guide a2g weapons of the same catagory(different orgin of manufacture)

if that possible i think this would be a versatile combination .
Good question, man. Technically, I don't see any reason why not. Even if the communication protocol etc. are different, you can always develop in-house converters/translators. It will take some development for sure, technology of this complexity never comes in plug-and-play mode, but most RADARs should be able to support weapon systems of various origins.

October is not over yet.
soon we will here any official news
I won't be too worried if it doesn't role out in October. It should most definitely be here before our F-16s arrive, which is all I really want. A shot of our new F-16s with a home-made JF-17 would be worth millions. I can't express how excited I am to be visiting Pakistan in March, won't miss the 23rd March Parade for anything. I just hope we have one.

hello,
regards

there arent any cloud over here and u r expecting of thunder.:sarcastic:
no matter it roles out or not,or PAf release its picture or not...they r in quantity to make a sqadren and fully capable to perform their missions....don b worry pall.:agree:

there arent any cloud over here and u r expecting of thunder.:sarcastic:
no matter it roles out or not,or PAf release its picture or not...they r in quantity to make a sqadren and fully capable to perform their missions....don b worry pall.:agree:

watch this video pal,and you will come to know why i inquired in the first place

Last edited by a moderator:
hello,
regards

Hold your horses bro... there are still 10 days to go before October ends. Inshallah you will see first Assembled in Pakistan Thunder very soon.

Is there any RFI by countries wishing to buy JF-17, given its low price it would have a great appeal on the International market.

Also the aircraft's performance can be compared with others , or so i think

and also, a lot of members here are talking about how replacing the aircraft's engine and radar are replaced, it will be a much more capable aircraft.
But When the aircraft engine, radar are replaced you are pretty much making a new plane

It would be more effective to design a new jet at this point. considering the jet hasn't even been inducted yet. and already a massive list or required Upgrades are being put forward.
So is the JF-17 really state of the art ?

But on that note before i make any judgments i would like to know
What are the JF-17's best systems that do not require replacement.

Is there any RFI by countries wishing to buy JF-17, given its low price it would have a great appeal on the International market.

and also, a lot of members here are talking about how replacing the aircraft's engine and radar are replaced, it will be a much more capable aircraft.
But When the aircraft engine, radar are replaced you are pretty much making a new plane

It would be more effective to design a new jet at this point. considering the jet hasn't even been inducted yet. and already a massive list or required Upgrades are being put forward.

The countries which have shown interest or which have been identified as potential customers in the future are Azerbaijan, Sudan,Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, Egypt, Iran and Nigeria, though there are no firm orders as of date.

The manufacturing capacity will also be used exclusively for captive production for the next few years so export for now is not really an option.

JF-17 Thunder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dear, Every Aircraft in the world gets Engine and Radar Upgrades, and that does NOT mean that the aircraft in question has become junk, and should be abandoned. Also, radar and engine upgrades is no big deal.

F16 has gone through atleast 7(14 if GE engines are counted separately) engine and Radar Upgrades,
Mirages all over the world have gone through tens maybe hundreds of upgrades.
Su27 has gone through dozens of Engine, Fuselage and Radar Upgrades,
Su30MKIs and Mig29s in India are ALL going through Radar and Engine Upgrades.
Even the newest fighters like Rafale are getting Radar and Engine upgrades.

Changing engine and radar doesn't mean the change design, it only means enhancement of capability.

Fighter like Thunder built on open architecture are envisioned to be evolved like F-16, Gripen etc. Thunder was designed on same footings. Avionics and airframe related changes had been de-link in order to accelerate its development and i hop it will also remain same when it comes to upgrades and next blocks.

Now, These upgrades did not emerge after Thunder entered in production but these were always there in plan from beginnings. Every modern aircraft goes through it... I can bet 10 years down the line we might see some changes in F-22 as well.

Dear, Every Aircraft in the world gets Engine and Radar Upgrades, and that does NOT mean that the aircraft in question has become junk, and should be abandoned. Also, radar and engine upgrades is no big deal.

F16 has gone through atleast 7(14 if GE engines are counted separately) engine and Radar Upgrades,
Mirages all over the world have gone through tens maybe hundreds of upgrades.
Su27 has gone through dozens of Engine, Fuselage and Radar Upgrades,
Su30MKIs and Mig29s in India are ALL going through Radar and Engine Upgrades.
Even the newest fighters like Rafale are getting Radar and Engine upgrades.

Changing engine and radar doesn't mean the change design, it only means enhancement of capability.

I didnt say Aircraft was junk where in my post have i used those kind of words.
You make me seem like i am attacking the JF-17
people keep putting words in my mouth in this thread

I asked if the JF-17 is really state of the Art if it needs no many upgrades even before induction.
And asked what aspects of the JF-17 people feel require no upgrades. As of now

Yet you did not even answer my question

I didnt say Aircraft was junk where in my post have i used those kind of words.
You make me seem like i am attacking the JF-17
people keep putting words in my mouth in this thread

I asked if the JF-17 is really state of the Art if it needs no many upgrades even before induction.
And asked what aspects of the JF-17 people feel require no upgrades. As of now

Yet you did not even answer my question

Tyres ... Dragchute ...

Hold your horses bro... there are still 10 days to go before October ends. Inshallah you will see first Assembled in Pakistan Thunder very soon.

I would like to add that PAF has eight thunders in Pakistan, the 109,110 are made in China and are going through evaluation there...right now we have only eight birds.:pakistan:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom