What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to say that paf should not have disclosed such a lower cost for the jf 17---it should have disclosed a little higher cost for the aircraft---about 3 to 4 million dollars more could have been justified for what the aircraft is capable of and still it would have buyers for it.

I agree....... not to Egypt at least... it make no sense to sell a 4th generation a/c at any less than 20 million$

they might be on to some thing

sell the aircraft cheaper

once its sold the other country will need spares and update so charge them little extra for that

man its strategy work.........

Ok leave Pakistan! But other nations like USA, Russia, france etc have the experience in steam catapult.

Russian aircraft carrier don't have steam catapult......
i don't know why

but from some where i came to know that they are unable to create such system(is it true i don;t know)

but Chinese are working on this system. . . . . . .

I assume Egyptians may have approached Russinas to seek confirmations for support of RD-93 engines, once they buy JFT.
This could be the reason for Mig cheif to suggest suspension of RD-93 supply.
Clearly... mig-29 loose on this competition.
Now, i totaly agree to the Chinese offer which they made to Russinas suggesting improvement in RD-33... Russia should broaden his vision.

I already mentioned in my post that engines are issue both poltical and technical because russia will never accept any country to take over its place in the respective market.the same case is with america and westernes. they can impose pressure on russia to stop the suply of rd 93. they can create any issue.Recently the speech of F.M OF UK David camroon is alarming in this regard.the china is also on the top of their list.A sensible nation will never buy such expensive fighters like f 16,thaiphon and mig 29, su 27 after having examination of the J F 17.:pakistan:

I agree....... not to Egypt at least... it make no sense to sell a 4th generation a/c at any less than 20 million$

As a supplier ,China has always had a policty of keeping its price low to entice Governments into committing themselves.Once the quality of the product creates an impression, you are entrenched in the market. I think There is a lort of selling to be done. We cannot afford to be greedy , but need to price our products realistically. One needs to understand, that we need money to enhance thunder even more and secondly, we need the revenues, to buy our own. I think it is a quantitythat will make us money.
Araz.

Discussing price should not be our area of concern fellows. China and Pakistan have worked out on an effective marketing, selling strategy and if i remember correctly, a joint promotion-sales team is already working on dynamics of marketing/ sale side so they must have given a deep thought about price offered to various interested parties. The export price is no less than 14-16 mil $ for FC-1 and can go up to 20 mil for JFT variant with more advanced avionics especially AMF ones....

tit bit.....

JFT NG (blk 2) will have a re-designed cockpit with even better MMI and is being worked out at PAC as of now. Some minor changes are made to the existing cockpit in current thunder. A group of JFTs (two or more) are able to share target data and this technology is also indigenous (AWC) !

Second batch will begin from 51st aircraft onwards and this can be achieved by the end of 2011 or early 2012 at best. I am also anxiously waiting for JFT NG !

when you make a real sale... I will be jealous.. until then lets at least not state something that is not true...

:tup:

Looking at your flags, i would understand why you wouldn't want to believe in such information.

Military hardware like this takes years to materialize in deals, and you may not know until when they actually do it.

Unlike Indian MMRCA, showing off "...Biggest defence deal and shyt..." even though the selection will go well into 2011 and first aircraft arriving not so soon.

the chinese change the game everywhere with low cost mass production. the rest of the world can do zilch for cheap.

Nabil its made by some private company>?so does tht mean tht Private companies are also involved in JFT project>?

To some extent they are involved as long as they meet requirements of PAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom