What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
4c20b83a870848c1f46e8f36d4dfc6d4.jpg

look closely

2008012006b.jpg

This is a JH-7 series fighter showing this MER system, its not a J-11.

Major reason being, look at the behind Stabilizer / Elevator whose design is changed if compared to J-11/Suk27s. So this is not a J-11s stabilizer.

And also look at the angle of the wing left to right of the image, it seems to be coming from a higher angle towards a lower angle, which can be seen in JH-7 series aircraft but in J-11/Su-27s the angle of the wings are nearly flat.

Plus check this below website, which quotes it to be a JH-7.

Hope the origin of the aircraft is now clear enough, the newer JH-7A can carry A2A missiles as they ares supposed to have multi-mode radars which can engage in aerial mode.

International Assessment and Strategy Center > Research > China’s Emerging 5th Generation Air-to-Air Missiles

Reading all discussion relating to short take off, I have a question in mind!
If short take off and short landing is that important (which definatly is), than why not world airforces including Pakistan has developed a run way on ground similar to that of Aircraft carrier ???

Reading all discussion relating to short take off, I have a question in mind!
If short take off and short landing is that important (which definatly is), than why not world airforces including Pakistan has developed a run way on ground similar to that of Aircraft carrier ???

Tht could be a good idea actually .But we need to get expertice in Steam catapult (for give the aircradft enough push for take off).

Americans have done alot work on this technology.and it is damn good .(im talking abt the catapult on the their aircraft carriers.)

JFT is a joint development and i see no reason to read it as Chinese influence...but no doubt it matters to be partner with China in a sense that enemy states cannot use our politicians to sabotage this project.. single handedly.
Neither, i see any reason or situation developing to part ways with China...... so no point in discussing a out of box senario.
I do see lot of attempts to provoke Pak-China or ISlam-China disagreements..... by various means.... which had failed miserably so far..

At the same time, I must mention PAF is quite respectable in most of Arab states and their trust in JFT.. speaks volumes of it....

batman
read my post again.You have taken things totally out of context. Nowhere am i suggesting a "go your own way approach". If you still feel confused let me know why and i will clarify it.
Araz

I am not happy with smoke,
will some one explain why, because eu made or us , i think they have not.

bhai
In this dusky moisture laden atmosphere, any plane will appear smoky.Dont worry too much. Even us poor residents sometimes start giving off smoke:lol::D
Araz

This above is very interesting for me after the pilot told me they have a TWR of over 1.1. The Chinese might already be modifying the RD-93s before installing them in the Thunders.

I also suspect that here-and-there they are constinually replace parts with advanced lighter-weight materials!

Now that it has come out in the open let me tell you that someone very senior had told me that the engine thrust had gone up significantly.This was roughly June last yr and i was told that roughly it was near 1. This was due to "contributions"from our chinese friends.
Araz

Hi,

Pakdef is a kiss ar-e, brown nose forum for the millitary. Plus they are so vain and slight in their personalities.

Their mentality is that if you don't talk about the negative issues of pak millitary---they somehow sieze to exist---or never existed---.:pakistan:

Bhai
Every forum has good and bad things about it.We have our own qualities.They have some really qualified contributors.However it is interesting to note that we are also being quoted there . We should always concentrate on the good and forget the bad.
Araz

Bhai
Every forum has good and bad things about it.We have our own qualities.They have some really qualified contributors.However it is interesting to note that we are also being quoted there . We should always concentrate on the good and forget the bad.
Araz

thats what we younger's should act upon

u proved that u deserve think tank status....

:smitten:

Last edited:
bhai
In this dusky moisture laden atmosphere, any plane will appear smoky.Dont worry too much. Even us poor residents sometimes start giving off smoke:lol::D
Araz

Moisture will result in white contrails not black emissions. Earlier MIG-29's were particularly infamous for black smoke from its RD-93 engine.
They've resolved the issue with the introduction of the RD-33 engine.

There are several reasons why smoke emissions from gas turbine engines is a cause for concern.

1. Environmental, most airports and cities have regulations that forbid s or limits flights that does not comply with EPA standards. I'm speculating but this may be the reason the Thunder did not perform at the Farnborough air show this year.

2. Smoke increases the observability of the aircraft making it much more visible to enemies on the ground and in the air. Troops manning anti-aircraft guns will be particularly grateful to have a nice trail of smoke to help them aim.

3. Engine efficiency particularly in high throttle setting will waste fuel and reduce range.

Reasons why some gas turbine engines emit more smoke:

1. Impurities in the fuel, this is the easiest problem to solve and is typically resolved by treating fuel with activated carbon.

2. Poor atomization(spraying) results in fuel size distributed droplets (some droplets are larger) and not optimally disbursed in the combustion chamber. Larger droplets cause incomplete combustion and smoke(pollution).

3. Engines smoke when throttle is pushed forward to MIL, it rapidly increases the amount of fuel sent to the combustion chamber. The engine is initially not ready for the increased fuel causing partially consumed hydrocarbons and consequently smoke. This lasts a few seconds until the compressor is able to provide more oxygen and the core temperature is increased to cope with the additional fuel.

The above problem can be resolved using a double annular combustor concept first studied under the NASA clean combustor program.

A double annular combustor is provided with a main stage section disposed on the radially outer side such that its length is thereby minimized to reduce the resulting NOX emissions and its profile is thereby linearized so as to reduce the impingement of hot gases against the combustor wall. The pilot stage section is located radially inward so that its increased length tends to increase the residence time for idle and thereby reduce the hydrocarbon and carbon monoxide emissions.

combust.jpg

The problem is resolved by combusting the fuel in two stages an initial pilot stage(see image) this stage always operates at idle or low power allowing a leaner fuel mix to reach the main stage of the engine eliminating the fuel surge that causes the engine to smoke.

Last edited:
Now that it has come out in the open let me tell you that someone very senior had told me that the engine thrust had gone up significantly.This was roughly June last yr and i was told that roughly it was near 1. This was due to "contributions"from our chinese friends.
Araz

Thanks for confirming. Hopefully all the talk and rants about the Thunder being underpowered should stop! :cheers:

My PAF Techinician friend :-)yahoo:) has been vindicated. Try to read the paragraph above the photo showing all the weapons, describing the Integrated Avionics System, somewhere towards the bottom it says,
"Secure communication and datalink system, enabling real-time target sorting and engagement:"

The explanation/expansion/simplification of this is "sharing radar data to prioritise and to shoot targets"!

14b3wq1.jpg

Last edited:
Good news guys, as per my info Azerbaijan has placed an order of 24 JFTs. Zimbabwe have already placed order in 2005 and they are just waiting for delivery. Egypt is most likely next customer as they like the aircraft and final negotiations on license setup are going on. Xinhui on China defense forum confirmed that initial order for Egypt is as high as 92 aircrafts ! :pakistan:

Good news guys, as per my info Azerbaijan has placed an order of 24 JFTs. Zimbabwe have already placed order in 2005 and they are just waiting for delivery. Egypt is most likely next customer as they like the aircraft and final negotiations on license setup are going on.

sorry for my ignorance, but do we have a link for any of the above claims? 2005 is a long time and it I haven't heard anything about this until now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom