What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was all that simple..and x and y had the missile ranges you stated respectively.. but .. feel happy to accept that. :)
If the vietnam, Gulf and Bosnian wars are any indication of combat..
neither would x launch at a 100km and neither could y launch at 60.

I know my friend.But just to answer the previous posters query I gave this reply.

Reactions: SQ8
i just want to know has any country bought a JF 17 in the farnborough airshow?
the orders you hear about are signed and publicised at the airshow intentionally due to media hype. In reality they have been finalized in advance and only signed at the show.
So lot of time spent before.
Even if no one buys it presently, we can hardly meet our requirments.
So
Be happy and dont worry
cheers

^ taimi . That makes the launching craft more danger of attack. For eg. If the plane x have bvr capable of range 100km. And plane y with 60 km . If the x fire the missile it still need to be same position upto the missile reaches y. That time it enter 60km target zone and got fire from y. Right:what:

Yes it is dangerous in any scenario, but in my limited knowledge, BVR shots are dependent on a lot of factors which will result in its success and failure for both the launching platforms.

Maybe I missed this but taimi did you mention that even if you turn tables and run the missile will still keep moving towards the last known position of the target and its extrapolated position from its last known velocity..basically it goes to where the target should be based on the last speed and direction received by the launch platform.. and search for it using its seeker once close enough to that point.

So if by sheer stupidity the target keeps going in that direction then there is a fair chance it may be hit.

Yes Sir, i did mention the INS of the BVR missiles which will take the missile to the last location provided to the missile after the guidance from the parent platform is broken up, the missile using its INS will go to the last known location to it and after reaching there its active radar seeker will search for a target and if the enemy is within range, it will zoom into it.

Even INS can be used as a tactic just after launch, the fighter can launch the missile at the target and take a turn and wish/pray for good luck, in the sense that the target keeps its heading and arrives in the area where the missile will be be coming where the missile's own radar picks up the target and goes for it, but this is based on chance and luck, if the target changes its direction, then the BVR shot would be a waste.

.. after firing an AIM-120 is basically to hold it within that steering error circle for as long as possible to give the missile mid course updates all the way to the target(this may have changed for later models). Once the missile is in range of what it deems is the target's location its seeker will go active...
Here are the three modes visually demonstrated for clarity...

homing.jpg

Because of the inferiority of the missile's own radar system compared to the parent aircraft, the 'active' capable missile must still have some kind of guidance towards the target. The parent aircraft's necessary attention span on the target depends on how quickly the pilot orient himself on the target. The sooner he does so, the sooner the missile's own radar can acquire the target and the more secured that acquisition. So assuming we have an 'active' capable missile, the 'semi-active' stage must still be passed through before the missile can take over its own target resolution.

Now...If the target engages ECM, then that ECM transmission falls under 'passive'. In other words, that ECM transmission become a part of target characteristics, just like IR emissions anywhere on target body. The missile, if so capable, will switch to 'home-on-jam' mode. If the missile is equipped with an IR sensor, then we just have more target characteristics to correlate among the sensors and modes. Keep in mind that there is nothing preventing the parent aircraft from maintaining radar attention on the target even after the missile engaged its own. A less capable missile could be confused by the multiple data but that is no longer the case today.

Technology plays an important part in this but that is for another discussion, suffice to say that the superior technology will shorten the time in stage and the transition time between stages.

wats the AoA of the Thunder..?

Here are the three modes visually demonstrated for clarity...

homing.jpg

Because of the inferiority of the missile's own radar system compared to the parent aircraft, the 'active' capable missile must still have some kind of guidance towards the target. The parent aircraft's necessary attention span on the target depends on how quickly the pilot orient himself on the target. The sooner he does so, the sooner the missile's own radar can acquire the target and the more secured that acquisition. So assuming we have an 'active' capable missile, the 'semi-active' stage must still be passed through before the missile can take over its own target resolution.

Now...If the target engages ECM, then that ECM transmission falls under 'passive'. In other words, that ECM transmission become a part of target characteristics, just like IR emissions anywhere on target body. The missile, if so capable, will switch to 'home-on-jam' mode. If the missile is equipped with an IR sensor, then we just have more target characteristics to correlate among the sensors and modes. Keep in mind that there is nothing preventing the parent aircraft from maintaining radar attention on the target even after the missile engaged its own. A less capable missile could be confused by the multiple data but that is no longer the case today.

Technology plays an important part in this but that is for another discussion, suffice to say that the superior technology will shorten the time in stage and the transition time between stages.

very well explained...thnx..:coffee:

From a Guy who visited the faranborough airshow and had a chat with the pilotshis Q&A and remarks are as follows
I had the privilege of actually visiting the air show today. It was good to see our JF-17's lined. Here are a few Q/A I had with the pilots Q: Where have these planes come from?A: No. 26 Squadron (Black Spiders) based in Kamrah. Q: Where did you stop over?A: Suadi Arabia, Turkey, Italy. Q: Can this do BVR?A: Yep, BVR, Air-to-sea and AA. It is a very versatile little plane. Q: Now the big question, you've got two of these here .. why aren't you flying?A: We didn't get enough time to prepare. This would have been JF-17's first international public show and we couldn't afford to go out without being prepared. Q: Can it take on Sukhoi 27's?A: Why not . ? When he said that, he had no fear in his eyes, confidence in his stance and so much power in his voice that I felt like he can easily put down 20 sukhoi's with only one shot off his JF-17. I had me head held up high

From a Guy who visited the faranborough airshow and had a chat with the pilotshis Q&A and remarks are as follows
I had the privilege of actually visiting the air show today. It was good to see our JF-17's lined. Here are a few Q/A I had with the pilots Q: Where have these planes come from?A: No. 26 Squadron (Black Spiders) based in Kamrah. Q: Where did you stop over?A: Suadi Arabia, Turkey, Italy. Q: Can this do BVR?A: Yep, BVR, Air-to-sea and AA. It is a very versatile little plane. Q: Now the big question, you've got two of these here .. why aren't you flying?A: We didn't get enough time to prepare. This would have been JF-17's first international public show and we couldn't afford to go out without being prepared. Q: Can it take on Sukhoi 27's?A: Why not . ? When he said that, he had no fear in his eyes, confidence in his stance and so much power in his voice that I felt like he can easily put down 20 sukhoi's with only one shot off his JF-17. I had me head held up high

Well obviously he is a pilot from PAF. What else do you expect from him. These air warriors have no such thing as fear. They know they have a big legacy to preserve.

:)

Thunder has SD10A which can employ any of the above depending upon scenario and parameters. . e.g. active, semi active or passive.

He is asking about the Angle of Attack (AoA)

:)

It is better than that of the F-16 A but cant give how much it is !

It is better than that of the F-16 A but cant give how much it is !

well the turn rates would turn out to be comparable, if you look closer the f 16 has a much better angle of attack (exactly 25 degrees, i looked it up).

Actually this is a reply to the post in this LINK

CAn u confirm this..? :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom