What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy that JF-17 was prototype, was flying with limitations.:undecided:

So the AoA of thunder..? any links giving atleast its better than the Falcon..?

I ll also consult google ji...any links from ur side will also be appreciated

could ve done better w/o the sarcasm though.:what:

Actually this is a reply to the post in this LINK

CAn u confirm this..? :what:

The f-16 was flying with AB on full throttle and maintaining 8-9 Gs regularly whereas JFT was prototype, flying on a parade day, 400-500 kts and maintaining 7-8 Gs. It is capable to sustain 9 Gs contrary to a popular belief of 8.5 Gs.

USAF f-15 pilot in JF-17 thunder cockpit

482984662776b28bb99eb.jpg

So the AoA of thunder..? any links giving atleast its better than the Falcon..?

I ll also consult google ji...any links from ur side will also be appreciated

could ve done better w/o the sarcasm though.:what:

Karthic,

We do not have any official figures for it (atleast I don't) but its only logical that with LERX, the JF-17 is bound to have a higher AoA since it will still provide lift where an F-16 might start losing lift as the airflow over the wings is disturbed.

The only aspect of JF-17 that i consider to be the weakest link is the ability to sell aircraft to other countries. There has been all talk and no concrete progress as far as a done deal.

If it is exported to any credible air force then this will be the right kind of boost required to further develop existing and new platforms in future.

Three guidance modes for the SD-10! I take it the "datalink correction" is the midcourse update.

2e3ocxc.jpg

Hi,

Thankyou sir---a very interesting and revealing picture of the sd10a---so much information printed on the side---.

The missile itself says 70 km max range---some sites report it as 100 km + as well as many aposters.

But it is what that comes out of the horses mouth which is important. For an aircraft the size of JF 17---. Now---are the chinese under selling it----maybe---but most of the time---the chinese oversell what they have.

The f-16 was flying with AB on full throttle and maintaining 8-9 Gs regularly whereas JFT was prototype, flying on a parade day, 400-500 kts and maintaining 7-8 Gs. It is capable to sustain 9 Gs contrary to a popular belief of 8.5 Gs.

Hi,

Thanks for your post Nabil---at this stage paf won't expose all the info about the jf 17---some of these details would be left for the prospective buyers to find on their own as a last minute surprise and some will be left for the battlefield.

On a developing aircraft---it is too soon to come out with all the information----paf will not release what india wants to know----at least not all of it---some of it they will have to find one on one.

Quoting Munir from Pakdef.info who is quoting PAF Pilot.
One pilot told there were 16 up and flying and two would follow this month. The other said 16 and 2 to go... I think they know a lot about flying but we do have our share of technology and info. What was told us (GAF was there 2) was that they could communicate with eachother so Thunder A could provide data for Thunder B etc. Same was the case for the Erieye. The Erieye could get data from Thunder and the Thunder could receive data from the Erieye.The data is encryptedIt made sense after I got personal info what all those antenna's were doing.

logic..The only aspect of JF-17 that i consider to be the weakest link is the ability to sell aircraft to other countries. There has been all talk and no concrete progress as far as a done deal.
If it is exported to any credible air force then this will be the right kind of boost required to further develop existing and new platforms in future.

Logic..how do you assume it to be the weakest link, because you are not participating in those talks. You might have read about some of the nations not only interested but willing to buy it to upgrade their Air Forces. Simply It takes time to procure.
Egypt is one of them with 170 airframes (mirage III/F-7/mig-21) seriously lacking bvr and God knows what their plans are perhaps Tempest II can shed some light regarding mig-21/mirage 2000 upgrades and extra purchases.

For Egypt Its is not only reliable but more maintenance friendly and low cost over all, to procure JFT and replace mirage III/F-7s (even indian mig-21 bisons heavily upgraded are to be replaced with mrca). I am curious why is egypt planning to upgrade them even though isreal knows these migs inside out.

And remember how China sold J-7/F-7s to atleast 17 nations including PLAAF.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom