What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Indian members are really chasing hard at JF-17s and trying their best to somehow bring it down, but no luck so far. :)

Have no idea, what is the purpose of spinning in a circle round and round and trying to catch the tail when it can't be done.

May be you can use your energy to rectify the wrong postings of member of your countries origin. Just four post back, you can read posting of Fox "The plan is to upgrade JF-17 to Block 50/52 level than It will fulfill all PAF requirements."

It seems to me that member Fox has no real idea of what it take to convert Thunder to Block 52 Level. Heck, currant powerplant on JF-17 isn't even equivlant to what various former variants of F-16 Block 52.

Some Indian members are really chasing hard at JF-17s and trying their best to somehow bring it down, but no luck so far. :)

Have no idea, what is the purpose of spinning in a circle round and round and trying to catch the tail when it can't be done.

and intrestingly, on one side the claim that the JF may only be as good as the Mig 21 or PAF F-7P and that the indian arsenal of the Mig 21 Bison, Mig 29 the Su is far supperior then anything PAF have, simultaneously, on other hand, they are chearshing an article claiming that Russia has blocked the sale of engine to JF17, because,
they think that in export market the JF will be beat the Mig 29!!

if one could use his head, such gestures from the manufacturer are clearly the true representative of threat, the fell for the JF Bird!!

regards!

May be you can use your energy to rectify the wrong postings of member of your countries origin. Just four post back, you can read posting of Fox "The plan is to upgrade JF-17 to Block 50/52 level than It will fulfill all PAF requirements."

It seems to me that member Fox has no real idea of what it take to convert Thunder to Block 52 Level. Heck, currant powerplant on JF-17 isn't even equivlant to what various former variants of F-16 Block 52.

Blk 52 level doesn't just means engine change, it is more concerned with avionics, radar, EW systems etc etc.

The old F-16s when talked about MLU to Blk 52 standard means, the avionics suite would be made comparable to what the real Blk 52 standard have, even though the engine, payload and range would remain the same.

So when Pakistani members talk about Blk-2 JF-17s near to Blk-52, is in reality meant that its avionics suite should be as capable as the F-16 Blk 52s.

We all know in the engine field as well as in payload, it may never reach the F-16 strength as F-16 is a bigger aircraft compared to JF-17, thus has more fuel capacity and bigger more powerful engine.

So the members when say this are not at fault, rather they just miss the point that in engine and payload, JF-17s can't match F-16 Blk 52.

And compared to Pakistani members, Indian members have more issues/discrepancies with regard to JF-17.

And thx for the advice, but i do keep doing my best to even help out Pakistani members.

Blk 52 level doesn't just means engine change, it is more concerned with avionics, radar, EW systems etc etc.

The old F-16s when talked about MLU to Blk 52 standard means, the avionics suite would be made comparable to what the real Blk 52 standard have, even though the engine, payload and range would remain the same.

So when Pakistani members talk about Blk-2 JF-17s near to Blk-52, is in reality meant that its avionics suite should be as capable as the F-16 Blk 52s.

We all know in the engine field as well as in payload, it may never reach the F-16 strength as F-16 is a bigger aircraft compared to JF-17, thus has more fuel capacity and bigger more powerful engine.

So the members when say this are not at fault, rather they just miss the point that in engine and payload, JF-17s can't match F-16 Blk 52.

And compared to Pakistani members, Indian members have more issues/discrepancies with regard to JF-17.

Now you yourself seems to be exactly living to your words of spinning in circle to justify your words, then why blaim indians for that purpose.

Oh, and your defination of what Block 52 can be made up of and its applicablity to JF-17 in terms of Radars, EW and Avionics is just plain hilirious. Just because you can arrange certain Radars, EW and Avionics from some other non-american suppliers won't make JF-17 close to Block 52.

Now you yourself seems to be exactly living to your words of spinning in circle to justify your words, then why blaim indians for that purpose.

It would be better that you watch your mouth and don't try to be over smart. Be within your limits and try to understand what is being talked about.

Oh, and your defination of what Block 52 can be made up of and its applicablity to JF-17 in terms of Radars, EW and Avionics is just plain hilirious. Just because you can arrange certain Radars, EW and Avionics from some other non-american suppliers won't make JF-17 close to Block 52.

Well if its hilarious to you, i can't help it. Keep :rofl::rofl: , as technical discussion is better to be done with people who know stuff, not with childish immature people who are more into trolling and ranting out their frustration.

So don't bother replying back, as we are done.

and intrestingly, on one side the claim that the JF may only be as good as the Mig 21 or PAF F-7P and that the indian arsenal of the Mig 21 Bison, Mig 29 the Su is far supperior then anything PAF have, simultaneously, on other hand, they are chearshing an article claiming that Russia has blocked the sale of engine to JF17, because,
they think that in export market the JF will be beat the Mig 29!!

if one could use his head, such gestures from the manufacturer are clearly the true representative of threat, the fell for the JF Bird!!

regards!

Why should we be bothered by the export og MiG 29 in international markets? Pakistan is the one which should be worried about the export of JF 17. As it involves money.

Taimikhan.

Even Pakistans (not just indians) are questioning the wisdom of Thunders.

On paper it looks great

Very low cost, BVR capability, future u[pgrades , free from sanctions etc.

But the question remains to make this back bone of the future PAF fleet maybe a mistake.

The french debacle has shown to add western el;ectroincs and weapons will be very expensive and time consuming.

Chinease tech is good but lags behind the russians and the West.

Finally the Indians are begining to modernise... with very expensive equipment that is at another level to Thunders. AND IN HUGE NOS.

272 SU30MKI is a huge problem.

126 mmrca (if it happens ) will be outragoues problem combined with su30mki

Then we have the induction of a FGFA from 2017 thanks gain to Russia.

Even the LCA despite being late at least on paper has better specs ie

Far better design vis compsites technology and superior quadruplex FBW systems.

Better more Westernised eclectronics and jammers and radars thanks to the ISRAELIS

AND VERY IMPORTANTLY a choice of engines from the Typhoons euro fighter EADS or the Americans General electric.

Thunder is making do with a Russian engine and fears sanctions or a new chinease engine which is a first for the chinease and huge cost to add western kits to the plane..

IWOULD GO WITH THE FC20 in much larger nos AND GET 100+ F16/52s but thats my thoughts.

Taimikhan.

Even Pakistans (not just indians) are questioning the wisdom of Thunders.

Questioning the wisdom is something else, but what some members do is different. We come here to discuss and learn and see the wisdom in things, but some members even after told repeatedly the reasons for going after JF-17 keep coming back and ask the same old questions, thus such members are not just questioning the wisdom & learn, rather they are here for something else.

I was one of the people who used to question its wisdom, but after i sat with people who had knowledge about this project and talked to one of my pilot friends flying JF-17, i learned a lot and my thoughts about JF-17 changed.
On paper it looks great

Very low cost, BVR capability, future u[pgrades , free from sanctions etc.

Best factors for an aircraft which can become the backbone / workhorse of our air force, remember its role is not front line fighter, it is for a workhorse requirement and especially replacing the 200+ workhorse fighters in our inventory, thus when compared to what it is replacing, this is a superb platform, looking at our finances as well as suppliers situation.

But the question remains to make this back bone of the future PAF fleet maybe a mistake.

This fighter program is just in its infancy, its growing as each day passes, give it some break and let it mature and a final configuration and product be seen, then we should decide was it a mistake or not. Each fighter program when is thought about and made, people ask questions about it, is it worth it ?? But time shows that was it worth it or not.

The french debacle has shown to add western el;ectroincs and weapons will be very expensive and time consuming.

For now there is no French debacle, as the PAF ACM has himself said the deal is for now on, nor has it been finalized that French were the final winner, Chinese are providing their next batch of avionics, so are the Italians interested. The French game was more for some other purpose. French should have talked and said no, when PAF had finalized the order and French were the clear winners, then they should have said PAF has no money as they can't pay as per the contract, but since there was no order placed, thus French coming out for such statements does not makes sense except for pleasing someone else. When we give them the order and say NO, then plzzz say it to be a debacle and laugh about it, till then do not bring it.

Chinease tech is good but lags behind the russians and the West.

How many of us have tested their tech ?? Who can say how good they are and how much not ?? With this same tech & future tech they develop they are gonna prepare themselves to fight the Indians, Americans or anyone whom they go to war. So if they are relying on their tech to take on their enemy, why can't we ?? And we joining them at this stage gives us the benefit that tomorrow we will get the best out of them available and bring it against the best available by our enemy.

Finally the Indians are begining to modernise... with very expensive equipment that is at another level to Thunders. AND IN HUGE NOS.

272 SU30MKI is a huge problem.

126 mmrca (if it happens ) will be outragoues problem combined with su30mki

Then we have the induction of a FGFA from 2017 thanks gain to Russia.

Every sane person knows, we can't compare 1 to 1 with the Indians. JF-17s current configuration would be sufficient enough to take on the rest of the IAF fleet, which will be there for the next decade or more, as plans tend to change. Plus, JF-17s configuration will change as time passes, so for future don't compare the current configuration of JF-17.

PAF knows well what it is gonna face and what it should do to take on the challenge. If people think some stupids are running the PAF, let them, can't change their thinking.

Even the LCA despite being late at least on paper has better specs ie

Far better design vis compsites technology and superior quadruplex FBW systems.

Well that is much debatable, JF-17s design has its own benefits, while LCA design has its own. Composites are not game changers, while i have no idea how you make LCA FBW more superior, does it do something out of the ordinary or what ?? JF-17s has a full quadruple FBW system, though in the initial models some mechanical controls were kept, but as per current models, its complete FBW.

Even with composites, LCA is still heavy i believe if the problem had not yet been sorted out. Here see what this guys had to say in 2008 about the weight problems:

Broadsword: The Tejas LCA: improving performance with the current F-404 engine

Many other sources which talk about the weight problem of LCA even with around 45% composites. But if the status has changed, plzz do let me know the source and link so that i can update my knowledge.

I have no idea why LCA is said to be superior to JF-17. What factors you told above don't make it superior, JF-17s still has very less composites, but it can still take its full load and with composites it will improve much more.

Better more Westernised eclectronics and jammers and radars thanks to the ISRAELIS.

Do you know the source of the jammers tech which the Chinese have ?? Any idea on which tech is the Chinese radar tech is based ?? Do people know the capabilities of the Chinese jammers & radars ??

AND VERY IMPORTANTLY a choice of engines from the Typhoons euro fighter EADS or the Americans General electric.

Thunder is making do with a Russian engine and fears sanctions or a new chinease engine which is a first for the chinease and huge cost to add western kits to the plane..

Yes, engine is the major weakness of JF-17 for now, but do remember, Chinese one may not be good right now, but look at future options, what will their engines be in 5-10 years, as they are doing their best to get reliable engines as their own aviation sector is in trouble due to that and as per what i know, they are gonna improve quiet good things in coming future, even WS-13 is not gonna be a bad engine, reliability issues will be there in start, but we are looking at future, which is more brighter compared to right now.

I don't wish to comment right now here on LCA, as it will derail the thread as well as a swarm of Indian members will come at me for saying things with regard to LCA.

IWOULD GO WITH THE FC20 in much larger nos AND GET 100+ F16/52s but thats my thoughts.

Well if we had the money, then leave aside FC-20s, we would have gone for Typhoons, Rafale etc etc, but since we don't have such money, then we can only think about such systems.

As for FC-20s, it has still 4-5 years since first induction and then to reach hundreds numbers another 3-5 years, so do we sit idle for whole one decade and not get anything to replace our 2-3+ decade old fighters ?? Common guys, be realistic.

Its easy to talk, get this and get that, but practically its very difficult.

So PAF is going ahead one step at a time, and not sitting and waiting for another decade to pass by.

As time passes, as our enemy increases its strength, we will also increase our strength. Today we may have 400 combat fighters, by end of the decade it may reach 500 or even more if financailly we are capable enough and Pakistan is there, thus the numbers of the fighters mix will change, JF-17 what is now, may not be the same in 2015.

Who knows PAF may be thinking about just 250 of them and has plans for JF-17 to be an export product to earn revenues and invest in other modern platforms.

Problem is I or some other members can't disclose what is the real capability of JF-17 or what it can be changed into, that is classified for now. Those who want to think i am exaggerating, well I can't help it, but I know what I know.

JF-17 has definitely some shortcomings, but when you are growing up, such things happen and with time they are solved and modified.

So for now JF-17 is the best platform available for PAF to replace its 200+ 2-3+ decade old fighters.

JF-17 facing MKI is better then A-5s/Mirage IIIs/Mirage Vs/F-7P & PGs facing the MKIs, who might have no chance infront of the MKI, but JF-17 does has atleast some chance to survive or even kill.

I don't see why we need to convince 12 year old Indians how capable JF-17 is.The fact is PAF Pilots tested JF-17 they liked it and PAF is implementing upgrades and they will be upgraded during their lifetime just as F-16's got MLU's CCIP's etc.I really think Indian ego will be very very badly damaged when JF-17's shoots down Indian jet's.They somehow have got the feeling that Indian AF is invincible.Tell you what; Unless IAF is flying stealth planes which PAF can't detect your planes WILL be shot down.It'll be a huge blow to Indian EGO and don't give me any of that American analyst or this analyst bullshit.

Questioning the wisdom is something else, but what some members do is different. We come here to discuss and learn and see the wisdom in things, but some members even after told repeatedly the reasons for going after JF-17 keep coming back and ask the same old questions, thus such members are not just questioning the wisdom & learn, rather they are here for something else.

I was one of the people who used to question its wisdom, but after i sat with people who had knowledge about this project and talked to one of my pilot friends flying JF-17, i learned a lot and my thoughts about JF-17 changed.
On paper it looks great

Best factors for an aircraft which can become the backbone / workhorse of our air force, remember its role is not front line fighter, it is for a workhorse requirement and especially replacing the 200+ workhorse fighters in our inventory, thus when compared to what it is replacing, this is a superb platform, looking at our finances as well as suppliers situation.

This fighter program is just in its infancy, its growing as each day passes, give it some break and let it mature and a final configuration and product be seen, then we should decide was it a mistake or not. Each fighter program when is thought about and made, people ask questions about it, is it worth it ?? But time shows that was it worth it or not.

For now there is no French debacle, as the PAF ACM has himself said the deal is for now on, nor has it been finalized that French were the final winner, Chinese are providing their next batch of avionics, so are the Italians interested. The French game was more for some other purpose. French should have talked and said no, when PAF had finalized the order and French were the clear winners, then they should have said PAF has no money as they can't pay as per the contract, but since there was no order placed, thus French coming out for such statements does not makes sense except for pleasing someone else. When we give them the order and say NO, then plzzz say it to be a debacle and laugh about it, till then do not bring it.

How many of us have tested their tech ?? Who can say how good they are and how much not ?? With this same tech & future tech they develop they are gonna prepare themselves to fight the Indians, Americans or anyone whom they go to war. So if they are relying on their tech to take on their enemy, why can't we ?? And we joining them at this stage gives us the benefit that tomorrow we will get the best out of them available and bring it against the best available by our enemy.

Every sane person knows, we can't compare 1 to 1 with the Indians. JF-17s current configuration would be sufficient enough to take on the rest of the IAF fleet, which will be there for the next decade or more, as plans tend to change. Plus, JF-17s configuration will change as time passes, so for future don't compare the current configuration of JF-17.

PAF knows well what it is gonna face and what it should do to take on the challenge. If people think some stupids are running the PAF, let them, can't change their thinking.

Well that is much debatable, JF-17s design has its own benefits, while LCA design has its own. Composites are not game changers, while i have no idea how you make LCA FBW more superior, does it do something out of the ordinary or what ?? JF-17s has a full quadruple FBW system, though in the initial models some mechanical controls were kept, but as per current models, its complete FBW.

Even with composites, LCA is still heavy i believe if the problem had not yet been sorted out. Here see what this guys had to say in 2008 about the weight problems:

Many other sources which talk about the weight problem of LCA even with around 45% composites. But if the status has changed, plzz do let me know the source and link so that i can update my knowledge.

I have no idea why LCA is said to be superior to JF-17. What factors you told above don't make it superior, JF-17s still has very less composites, but it can still take its full load and with composites it will improve much more.

Do you know the source of the jammers tech which the Chinese have ?? Any idea on which tech is the Chinese radar tech is based ?? Do people know the capabilities of the Chinese jammers & radars ??

Yes, engine is the major weakness of JF-17 for now, but do remember, Chinese one may not be good right now, but look at future options, what will their engines be in 5-10 years, as they are doing their best to get reliable engines as their own aviation sector is in trouble due to that and as per what i know, they are gonna improve quiet good things in coming future, even WS-13 is not gonna be a bad engine, reliability issues will be there in start, but we are looking at future, which is more brighter compared to right now.

I don't wish to comment right now here on LCA, as it will derail the thread as well as a swarm of Indian members will come at me for saying things with regard to LCA.

Well if we had the money, then leave aside FC-20s, we would have gone for Typhoons, Rafale etc etc, but since we don't have such money, then we can only think about such systems.

As for FC-20s, it has still 4-5 years since first induction and then to reach hundreds numbers another 3-5 years, so do we sit idle for whole one decade and not get anything to replace our 2-3+ decade old fighters ?? Common guys, be realistic.

So PAF is going ahead one step at a time, and not sitting and waiting for another decade to pass by.

As time passes, as our enemy increases its strength, we will also increase our strength. Today we may have 400 combat fighters, by end of the decade it may reach 500 or even more if financailly we are capable enough and Pakistan is there, thus the numbers of the fighters mix will change, JF-17 what is now, may not be the same in 2015.

Who knows PAF may be thinking about just 250 of them and has plans for JF-17 to be an export product to earn revenues and invest in other modern platforms.

Problem is I or some other members can't disclose what is the real capability of JF-17 or what it can be changed into, that is classified for now. Those who want to think i am exaggerating, well I can't help it, but I know what I know.

JF-17 has definitely some shortcomings, but when you are growing up, such things happen and with time they are solved and modified.

So for now JF-17 is the best platform available for PAF to replace its 200+ 2-3+ decade old fighters.

JF-17 facing MKI is better then A-5s/Mirage IIIs/Mirage Vs/F-7P & PGs facing the MKIs, who might have no chance infront of the MKI, but JF-17 does has atleast some chance to survive or even kill.
I know I have made this point before but I think you missed it so here it is again
I know China does not make all the capabilities of its weapons public but i find it really amusing when people like u safely assume that they r just better. Are u an insider in chinese military to know that their home grown technology is superior ? Another scenario might be that they are ashamed to admit what they have produced and it does not compare well to western and Russian equipment.
If their technology was actually superior, for me it will make more sense that they make it public to everyone .Then other countries who r purchasing EXPENSIVE weapons from countries like USA and Russia can go for CHEAPER Chinese options. It will good for china's defense industry as well:cool:
Also u r comparing with the future of Jf-17 with current Su-30 MKI.
If Jf-17 gets western avionics,if Jf-17 gets a better engine etc then it might be able to kill a Su-30 MKI. And my friend If u r not awarethe present Su-30 MKI are already going thru next round of upgrades where they will get a superior radar and avionics.
IAF to upgrade SU-30 MKI fighter aircraft :: Brahmand.com

According to me Pakistan is going for Jf-17 coz it is the only aircraft available to them and the only one Pakistan can afford to buy right now. Russia wont sell due to obvious reasons . European platforms u cant afford. :smokin:

On paper it looks great

as far as i have heard,israelis gave tech to chinese too, so i dont doubt their tech.Thanks for a balanced article

I know I have made this point before but I think you missed it so here it is again
I know China does not make all the capabilities of its weapons public but i find it really amusing when people like u safely assume that they r just better. Are u an insider in chinese military to know that their home grown technology is superior ? Another scenario might be that they are ashamed to admit what they have produced and it does not compare well to western and Russian equipment.
If their technology was actually superior, for me it will make more sense that they make it public to everyone .Then other countries who r purchasing EXPENSIVE weapons from countries like USA and Russia can go for CHEAPER Chinese options. It will good for china's defense industry as well:cool:
Also u r comparing with the future of Jf-17 with current Su-30 MKI.
If Jf-17 gets western avionics,if Jf-17 gets a better engine etc then it might be able to kill a Su-30 MKI. And my friend If u r not awarethe present Su-30 MKI are already going thru next round of upgrades where they will get a superior radar and avionics.
IAF to upgrade SU-30 MKI fighter aircraft :: Brahmand.com

According to me Pakistan is going for Jf-17 coz it is the only aircraft available to them and the only one Pakistan can afford to buy right now. Russia wont sell due to obvious reasons . European platforms u cant afford. :smokin:

After reading the highlighted part, i believe it should be the last post for you on this thread atleast, as this is the best you guys like you can up with. The real mentality to be exact. So from nowonwards plzz don't bother to post in this thread or argue about JF-17, as you know the real reason for Pakistan going for JF-17.

End of line for you and others like you.

@Taimikhan ,So this is the best argument u can come up with?
Last time I read ur post it was more logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom