What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I'm aware that India has a licence to assemble the RD-33 engine, used in their MiG-29s. India still has to send back their AL-31 engines to Russia for repairs and stuff, Russia does not send them a replacement engine until the malfunctioning one has been returned first.

Apparently this was an issue when the Indians participated in Red Flag, because Terrence Fornof talks about it in his seminar about the exercise.

Although it is off topic, i want to enlighten you.

I dont know why that us air men give that false information on mig and Sukhoi.

Hal set up manufacturing and overhal facilities for Sukhoi engines too in the city nasik. Which is a part of tot.

Although it is off topic, i want to enlighten you.

I dont know why that us air men give that false information on mig and Sukhoi.

Hal set up manufacturing and overhal facilities for Sukhoi engines too in the city nasik. Which is a part of tot.

If u have engine manufacturing capability then y u failed to design LCA engine

First you need to understand the difference between Manufacturing capability and Designing capability. Both are totally different.

Sir, We start manufacture engine from 1960s itself for marut. But manufacturing and designing is different game.

But i dont think that the only reason. The other main reason is, it is

Public sector

Which means mass corruption.

And huge delay, like wee seen in all sectors.

In kavari i dont know what they do with 3billion dollars - even they did't build infra for testing and testing it in russia for 200 million

First you need to understand the difference between Manufacturing capability and Designing capability. Both are totally different.

A manufacturer can only manufacture engines, if knows how to design :)

So u dont manufacture in HAL.....only overhaul

It dosent work that was in arms industry. They dont transfer all the technology. It is the difference between an Engineering graduate and a mechanic. Design is a totally different ball game and manufacturing is another. you cant make a blade by looking at it...you need to know the composition and variations in the alloys used, the atomiser must be designed for it...a thousand times the final engine is tweaked to make sure that it works properly. That is why there are very few countries who can design and make them and fewer have reliable engines.

Engine design is the most complicated part as you have to reinvent the wheel to acheive the final product as no one is ready to share it.

No need sir,
In Manufacturing produce spare parts from different firm may be national or international and assemble that. Hal manufacturing even bars, but with extreme supervision from russians

Not credible against the ACM of Pakistan who has stated himself that the French deal is still active. As for the Engine we have only heard like i mentioned what the chairman of MIG and Sukhoi have to say. The Government stance is yet to come so unless government calls the deal off, its active and besides Like i said before Pakistan already has enough engines and by that time WS-13 will be certified as the progress is well on track.

The restrictions on F-16s is not even on papers. I would like you to read the statement of the ACM in this regard in the inducting ceremony of the F-16s. You will find numerous articles in the F-16 thread.

So let us assume for a moment that whatever sources I mentioned are not credible and Jf-17 does get all the upgrades in next coming years.But the second part of my question still remain answered,How is Jf-17 going to compete with advanced platforms which IAF is going to induct? Do u think it will really compare to any of the aircrafts in MMRCA tender and especially if India goes for Typhoon or Rafale? not to mention Mig-21 Bison.

The way I see it ur F-16s have their hands more than full with IAF's Su-30 MKI (124 +148 already on order). Also all of the aircrafts that China can offer u now (if it does) like J-10,J-11 A/B are also either similar to Su-30 MKI or less capable. With Pakistan currently in a financial mess , will it have the financial muscle to go for a super advanced jet?
Answers Anyone?:undecided:

Last edited:
So let us assume for a moment that whatever sources I mentioned are not credible and Jf-17 does get all the upgrades in next coming years.But the second part of my question still remain answered,How is Jf-17 going to compete with advanced platforms which IAF is going to induct? Do u think it will really compare to any of the aircrafts in MMRCA

The plan is to upgrade JF-17 to Block 50/52 level than It will fulfill all PAF requirements. :cool:

Last edited:
The the plan is to upgrade JF-17 to Block 50/52 level than It will fulfill all PAF requirements. :cool:

Okay. Even if that happens it ll take time and meanwhile india is not gonna just chill as I mentioned in my last post:P

Okay. Even if that happens it ll take time and meanwhile india is not gonna just chill as I mentioned in my last post:P

First finalize MMRCA. You are at least a year away from even finalizing the deal. We have time don't worry.
:tup:

So let us assume for a moment that whatever sources I mentioned are not credible and Jf-17 does get all the upgrades in next coming years.But the second part of my question still remain answered,How is Jf-17 going to compete with advanced platforms which IAF is going to induct? Do u think it will really compare to any of the aircrafts in MMRCA tender and especially if India goes for Typhoon or Rafale? not to mention Mig-21 Bison.

The way I see it ur F-16s have their hands more than full with IAF's Su-30 MKI (124 +148 already on order). Also all of the aircrafts that China can offer u now (if it does) like J-10,J-11 A/B are also either similar to Su-30 MKI or less capable. With Pakistan currently in a financial mess , will it have the financial muscle to go for a super advanced jet?

Firstly no sources were provided in your post, you just made assertions based on rumors from here and there(Indian media reports mainly) which i refuted by giving special reference to the ACM and his interview with Allen Warnes.
For the highlighted part i suppose you mean your question remains unanswered.

Usually i tend to avoid such questions reason being there is no point in keep going in circles. The answer that you sough for this question has been answered numerous times in many threads.

JF-17 isnt the only jet PAF will operate and the number game is irrelevant because IAF always enjoyed numerical superiority over PAF, this is no surprise and secondly while the bulk of those MKI will be hosted against Pakistan, not all of the 200 plus will be used as India will not turn a blind eye towards China.
As for the MKI i have always said its a superb plane yet its not a stealth jet meaning it can not only be picked on radar but also be brought down. PAF is a defensive force and in an defensive environment a JF-17 can very well take out an MKI. This should be of no surprise to anyone. By saying this i do not mean that JF-17 is an equalivent to MKI however what you need to understand is that you cannot make a 1 on 1 comparison between the 2, there will be alot of factors involved which will decide the out come of a war.

Some Indian members are really chasing hard at JF-17s and trying their best to somehow bring it down, but no luck so far. :)

Have no idea, what is the purpose of spinning in a circle round and round and trying to catch the tail when it can't be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom