What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a question. Why the Chinese and PAF went for the Russian engine when one another local chinese option was available. Im talking about the WS9 engine used on the JH7.

Xian WS9 (a license-built Spey Mk202) afterburning turbofans
Dry thrust: 54.29 kN (12,250 lbf) each
Thrust with afterburner: 91.26 kN (20,515 lbf) each .

As i see it it has more thrust than RD93. So why not WS9 ??

The Rolls-Royce RB.168 Spey is a low-bypass turbofan engine originally designed and manufactured by Rolls-Royce that has been in widespread service for over 40 years. Intended for the civilian jet airliner market when it was being designed in the late 1950s, the Spey concept was also used in various military engines, and later as a turboshaft engine for ships known as the Marine Spey, and even as the basis for a new civilian line, the Rolls-Royce Tay. A licensed version built by the Chinese is known as the WS-9 Qin Ling. Aviation versions of the "base model" have accumulated over 50 million hours of flight time. In keeping with Rolls-Royce naming policies, the engine is named after the River Spey.

and picture

RRSpey.JPG

General characteristics
Type: Low bypass turbofan
Length: 204.9 in (5204.4 mm)
Diameter: 43.0 in (1092.2 mm)
Dry weight: 4,093 lb (1856 kg)

read in highlighted i think thats why

JF-17 Block 1 are suppose to be a batch of 50 planes, Lets suppose we have 17 planes as of now, I have only seen the tail numbers upto 10-111 and have added 6 more (2 planes/month). So, the production of the first batch should be done by end of 2011 if all goes well. Would it be alright to assume that Block 2 would also comprise of 50-75 planes?
What upgrades do you see will be done on the next block. Three major ones I see are;
1- IRST, Chinese have it on J-11B and J-10B, and it was also mentioned in one of ACM interviews.
2- IFR probe, I believe it would be same as what we have on IFR capable Mirages.
3- Engine changed from RD-93 to WS-13. We already have the prototype flying with it.

I have left the avionics out of it but if you have solid info then please add. Do you know of any other upgrades that would be done on Block-2.

Was playing around with computer something I'd like to share.
ask my permission to use it anywhere else lol.

2rha2ia.jpg

Yes it is thundercats logo. didn't you read what i said.

procurement of JF-17 by PAF makes no sense to me. the upgraded mig-29 IAF has now are better. If pakistan wanted this kind of aircraft they should have developed it themselves with some external help.not the other way around. coz this way they will atleast have a solid platform to develop next generation of fighters. Right now PAC kamra can only perfect the art of assembling them. also I heard this aircraft is not getting french avionics anymore,another dud....chinese/pakistani avionics are just not comparable. Even PLAAF is not going to induct it:wave:
For me this aircraft in its present state has a very bleak future coz it cannot be deployed against any IAF frontline fighters. and once IAF gets MRCA , the days of JF-17 will very well be over. this aircraft needs some very serious upgrades

procurement of JF-17 by PAF makes no sense to me. the upgraded mig-29 IAF has now are better. If pakistan wanted this kind of aircraft they should have developed it themselves with some external help.not the other way around. coz this way they will atleast have a solid platform to develop next generation of fighters. Right now PAC kamra can only perfect the art of assembling them. also I heard this aircraft is not getting french avionics anymore,another dud....chinese/pakistani avionics are just not comparable. Even PLAAF is not going to induct it:wave:
For me this aircraft in its present state has a very bleak future coz it cannot be deployed against any IAF frontline fighters. and once IAF gets MRCA , the days of JF-17 will very well be over. this aircraft needs some very serious upgrades
Please go through the thread.......

Ignorance at its peak.

http:// www.defence forum.in/forum/content.php/280-Is-Pakistan-s-JF-17-a-Thunder-or-Blunder

Cannot embed the link. It appears this site has disabled embedding its links.

Ignorance at its peak.

http:// www.defence forum.in/forum/content.php/280-Is-Pakistan-s-JF-17-a-Thunder-or-Blunder

Don't call it ignorance, its an insult of the word ignorance, call it worse then being ignorant.

Indians still think its a redesigned J-7 and its wings look like J-7, there is a limit of stupidity.

People with no sane mind and capacity to think and see logic.

Sheer ignorance as well as arrogance.

Was playing around with computer something I'd like to share.
ask my permission to use it anywhere else lol.

2rha2ia.jpg

Is their any chance PAF using any such tattoo on thunder just like this one??

192filo_UMET_034.jpg

50s9lf.jpg

Last edited:

facepalm:sick:
please read or do some research before posting, it has proved useful for many of us ; may help your cause too.

if you logic is that JF-17 is fail because PLAFF is not inducting it :blink: than what about SU-30 only 12 are in service with Russian airforce and no more to be inducted they have moved on to Mig 35..

Echelon.

The MIG35 is at development stage. This project will die if it fails in indian mmrca bid. The russians need indian money $$$ to keep this alive

AS FOR RUSSIA AT FLANKERS.

They have 322 su27 STANDARD FOR AIR DEFENSE

and HAVE ORDERED 60 SU35 multi role

Your comments---let them come----

When you say let them come and we will show them what we have----that means that your equipment is inferior and you cannot go to their side to fight---you are waiting on your side on the premise that home ground may give some extra help---.

Although i do agree with some points you made, however just because we can't go over to their side doesn't really mean we have lost the war!

There is a famous quote "never let the enemy choose the battle field" (Forgot by who this quote is from). So in this case if IAF were to cross our border we would be ready and well prepared because this is our home and no one knows it better than us! We might have inferior equipment compared to the indians (at least for now), but that doesn't mean we can't cause losses on the indians! If their SU-30's intrude into our airspace then we can use our SAM's and our Air force to knock them out of the sky very easily!

this is just my opinion!

Ignorance at its peak.

Well .in defines it all. Nothing new or surprising.

:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom