What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys really come up with this argument that no one uses JF 17 except Pakistan thats why its a bad plane.........

How many uses Rafale???
How about Mitsubishi F-2...?? USA and Japan but USA don't use it because it have better planes...

Does that make it a bad plane....??

Every country have its own need....

.Its just habbit of yours come up with things like these to show that you guys are Indian.....

As far costumers are concerned There was no costumer for K8 for fist few years....And later countries asked for its Assembly lines.

Do you guys really come up with this argument that no one uses JF 17 except Pakistan thats why its a bad plane.........

How many uses Rafale???
How about Mitsubishi F-2...?? USA and Japan but USA don't use it because it have better planes...

Does that make it a bad plane....??

Every country have its own need....

.Its just habbit of yours come up with things like these to show that you guys are Indian.....

As far costumers are concerned There was no costumer for K8 for fist few years....And later countries asked for its Assembly lines.

No Indian ever said JF-17 as Bad plane, period!

No Indian ever said JF-17 as Bad plane, period!
You need to read some of the previous posts.....

Saying that EVEN PLAAF DONT INDUCT THIS PLANE as their argument really shows what you guys try to say.

by the way mitsubishi x-2 is hevily modified version of most exported f-16. custom-made to suit japan need.(like-mki).

by the way mitsubishi x-2 is hevily modified version of most exported f-16. custom-made to suit japan need.(like-mki).
Thats right...Every country have its own need.....

I don't know why some ill mind person thinks a plane not inducted by some airforce make it not worthy.....

BREAKING NEWS

PAF’s JF-17 Thunder to participate in Farnborough Air Show

LONDON, July 5 (APP)- Pakistan Air Force will put on display its latest JF-17 Thunder warplanes at the world famous international air show in Farnborough from July 19 to 22, it was announced by Pakistan High Commission.

The spokesperson at the High Commission said two aircraft will display their flying characteristics during the course of the biennial show where leading world defence manufacturers often unveil their latest aviation tools.PAF Chief Air Chief Marshal Rao Suleman Qamar is expected to be present on the occasion.

The Pakistan Air Force officially inducted its first JF-17 squadron on February 18 this year. The aircraft has been co-produced with China and will eventually replace its present fleet of F-7, A-5 and Mirage planes.

The Air Force has already announced that it has a confirmed order for 150 JF-17’s which may increase to 250 aircraft.
JF-17 Thunder aircraft is an advanced multi-role light combat aircraft jointly developed by Chengdu and Pakistan Aeronautical Complex under a strategic collaboration project.

The aircraft is designed to be cost-effective and can meet the tactical and strategic needs of the Pakistan Air Force, and various other air forces.

The production facilities have been set up for the aircraft in Pakistan. The first batch of 50 JF-17 Thunder aircrafts will be equipped with the Chinese/Pakistani avionics and missiles, while the later aircrafts are to be equipped with more advanced radars and missiles.

Last week, latest version of three F-16’s aircraft were inducted into PAF. These were of 18 Block 52 C/D ordered by PAF from the United States.

Associated Press Of Pakistan ( Pakistan's Premier NEWS Agency ) - PAF’s JF-17 Thunder to participate in Farnborough Air Show

scan0001-21.jpg

the argument about SU30 was - it being not inducted in Russian AF doesn't mean its a fail - i know how many countries are operating SU30 and how many want it or that how good it is.

The underlying argument raised by yourself was that JF17 is fail because PLAAF is not inducting it - Please elaborate how this is a standard of measuring jet's efficiency? Do you think there could be other reasons behind PLAAF's decision?

kindly prove your hypothesis by hard facts - will be appreciated.
Under normal circumstances, a joint venture is undertaken by a group of countries when they complement each other technologically/financially.a few examples are
1.F-35: a jv b/n(USA,UK,Australia,italy,netherland,turkey etc and all of the mentioned countries are going to be inducting it.
2. PAK-FA/FGFA-India and Russia
3.Barak II-India and Israel
etc etc
So you are suggesting that Jf-17 is a JV b/n china and pakistan with china ending up building it only for pakistan. I m sorry i do not understand what kind of JV is this?:undecided:
from what I have researched ,PLAAF did not induct FC-1/JF-17 because they were not satisfied with its capabilities. I m not saying that Jf-17 is a good/bad fighter what i intend to say if a country which co-developed this fighter(and has the same adversary as Pakistan) did not induct it then it raises some serious concerns:wave:
After all the jet that both Pakistan and China are thinking of intercepting is same.(Su-30MKI):woot:

Dr sim,

You will find answers to your notorious questions in this very thread if you have an intention to learn.

Regards

For Dr. Sim. Sorry folks as i have to give this again for friends who prefer to keep their vision restricted.

Recent news (October 2008) suggested that PLAAF has decided to acquire some FC-1s (dubbed J-9?) as a low-cost light fighter/attack aircraft to replace its obsolete J-7s and Q-5s. FC-1 passed bomb and fuel tank integration/release tests in March 2009. FC-1 passed design appraisal in December 2009. It was reported that Egypt was negotiating with Pakistan in order to locally assemble 48 FC-1s. The latest news indicated that the first taxi test of FC-1 powered by an indigenous WS-13 took place on March 18, 2010.

Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force

Truck loads of Dumb bombs still makes sense now a days especially to third world countries like India and Pakistan. Since Smart weapons are very difficult to use because of their Pricey nature as well as there should be sufficient intelligence of target on which it will going to be used. If intelligence supposed to be false and smart weapon get wasted then it will certainly going to cause rethink on the part of planners to make use of same anymore.

Hi,

No sir----that is not correct---you guys learnt your lesson the hard way at Kargil---if it was not for the smart bombs---your airforce would still be trying to bomb the target.

A bomb loaded truck is the need of the hour against troop formation or moving convoys or tanks trucks trying to hideunder camo in open fields.

As for the last part of the post---stop reading too much into tea leaves---please---. We are fighting a war over here not distriburting HALWA.

For Dr. Sim. Sorry folks as i have to give this again for friends who prefer to keep their vision restricted.

Recent news (October 2008) suggested that PLAAF has decided to acquire some FC-1s (dubbed J-9?) as a low-cost light fighter/attack aircraft to replace its obsolete J-7s and Q-5s. FC-1 passed bomb and fuel tank integration/release tests in March 2009. FC-1 passed design appraisal in December 2009. It was reported that Egypt was negotiating with Pakistan in order to locally assemble 48 FC-1s. The latest news indicated that the first taxi test of FC-1 powered by an indigenous WS-13 took place on March 18, 2010.

Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force
Thank you very much for answering a question in proper manner unlike some members of this forum. I ll try to verify ur source and get back to u.:cheers:

So is thunder still going to perform depite this report??

I dont know y are they comparing it with Fulcrum , i think they are just making lame excuses to stop engine supply to Pakistan for JF17 program coz India might be building up pressure on them.

I think it has little to do with Pakistan but alot to due with export sales of the Mig-29, the problem is that the JF-17 is very inexpensive, and as so it threatens the potential sales of the Mig-29.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom