What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, more powerful engine, more capability to take heavy weight.

Currently its 3,800+KG of load, which includes the external fuel tanks also and weapons. So with more powerful engine, it can cross and will cross the 4000+KG barrier, which as per my info has already been crossed.

With more composites and powerful engine, the payload capacity would increase.

Is there any reliable source for jf-17 specs like the takeoff weight being 3800kgs, cause i found it to be 3600kgs ......Thanks

Also i think only the engine alone wount solve the problem a lot of composites have to be used as been done around the world

Hi,

The chinese will send what they have----chinese have a different standard of certification of enginese than the west---in china---the factory cerifies it first---but that does not mean that it is flight certified---then it goes to flight certification----and china being china---no checks and balances---flight certifications are not as severe as the western certifications.

Its a long and time consuming process---as I stated in the previous posts---too
much dependence is put on totally brand new untested chinese systems---they have a higher tendencey of failure, are not ready when you need them. There is a consistency of under performance---.

Pakistan was better off shopping somewhere else.

But if Pakistan goes for new engine(except RD-33MK and that too if Russia agree) for Jf-17,then again it will take time in flight testing of new engine and secondly they will require china's assistance also for putting new engine for JF-17. That can be an issue as they will try to pose their local engine instead of new engine.

But if Pakistan goes for new engine(except RD-33MK and that too if Russia agree) for Jf-17,then again it will take time in flight testing of new engine and secondly they will require china's assistance also for putting new engine for JF-17. That can be an issue as they will try to pose their local engine instead of new engine.

Hi,

I believe that there is going to be an upgraded version of the rd93---.

If china comes up with an engine then it will be tougher for the paf to go anywhere else---even though the russian engine would be superior to the chinese.

Bottomline is that the paf has embarked on a perilious journey---they have taken a difficult and troublesome road---a road that has not been well travelled.

Bottomline is that the paf has embarked on a perilious journey---they have taken a difficult and troublesome road---a road that has not been well travelled.

Sir,
will you please expose/explain the difficulties of this road.?
Regards

Hi,

If china comes up with an engine then it will be tougher for the paf to go anywhere else---even though the russian engine would be superior to the chinese.

if you have another road in mind pleas mention

:china::pakistan::china::pakistan::china:

Is there any reliable source for jf-17 specs like the takeoff weight being 3800kgs, cause i found it to be 3600kgs ......Thanks

Also i think only the engine alone wount solve the problem a lot of composites have to be used as been done around the world

Well this below is one of the sources which also gives the 3,800KG figure. Plus, whom i know also gave this figure.

The 3,600KG figure was till the Pt#03, when the design changes were done & Pt#04 came up, further weight reductions happened and the overall payload capacity was increased and as per newest reports, composites to some extend have been used, which would further help in reducing the airframe weight and increase in payload capacity.

The JF-17 Thunder: A hefty punch at an affordable price.

Hi,

china told russia we might purchase 1000 RD93 if they could increase the thrust ,it's a huge cake ,they refused it anyway because of the potential conflict of interests(maybe india also interfered with this deal),russian had bargaining chips to say no only because WS-13 is still under development,they knew we didn't have other choices . we can't be sure they are still willing to sell it once they win the contract of MRCA .russia and other countries can always persuade india to export engine to pakistan if china can supply same product,how can this be tougher for the paf,it's not conducive to export JF-17 to other countries as long as it can only equip 93

Last edited:
JF-17 Thunder

Delivered 16
Current 16
On Order 34

Pakistan Air Force
- Note: Although a total of 8 examples had been delivered by mid-March 2008, the type didn't fully enter service until early 2010, when 26 Squadron stood-up with the type at Kamra. The initial production contract, for another 42 aircraft to bring the total to 50, was announced on 7th March 2009. The PAF's total requirement for the type is estimated as being as high as 250.

- Located at 26 Squadron

source; AFI

fatman@@

one question
the 14 inducted in feb 2010 are totally made in Kamra?
and does the 14 include the 8 batches we recieved frm china?

i heared that only 4 are manufactureed in kamra in 8 months(frm july 2009 to feb 2010)

thanx in advance

fatman@@

one question
the 14 inducted in feb 2010 are totally made in Kamra?
and does the 14 include the 8 batches we recieved frm china?

i heared that only 4 are manufactureed in kamra in 8 months(frm july 2009 to feb 2010)

thanx in advance

The first 14 are the ones including the first 8 received in previous 2-3 years.

8 were already there, 2 then were gotten from China, making it total ten.

Then came the local assembled one, the all green 111, and 3 again then received from China, thus total going to 14.

The first 14 are the ones including the first 8 received in previous 2-3 years.

8 were already there, 2 then were gotten from China, making it total ten.

Then came the local assembled one, the all green 111, and 3 again then received from China, thus total going to 14.

So if we manufactured only 1 after serial production
how can we manufacture +10 an year,
i heard that 12-15 are planned to induct by 2010
so even in 2010 we will get some frm china

well the production line seem very very slow to me

So if we manufactured only 1 after serial production
how can we manufacture +10 an year,
i heard that 12-15 are planned to induct by 2010
so even in 2010 we will get some frm china

well the production line seem very very slow to me

Well if you had seen the videos of JF-17 assembling and manufacturing plant, you could see multiple JF-17 frames in the background which were at different stages of development.

This is an ongoing process, number of frames are at different stages of their production.

In the start, the process would be slow, becoz we are getting our own human resource trained, as you can still see Chinese technicians and engineers helping out and guiding the Pakistanis.

The first PAC assembled JF-17 came out in Nov 09, at that time alone around 5-6 or more airframe were in production at Kamra.

So inshAllah by end of this year, the target of 10-12 would be achieved.

And From China also, we would be getting JF-17s, whose final assembly would be done at PAC.

Well if you had seen the videos of JF-17 assembling and manufacturing plant, you could see multiple JF-17 frames in the background which were at different stages of development.

This is an ongoing process, number of frames are at different stages of their production.

In the start, the process would be slow, becoz we are getting our own human resource trained, as you can still see Chinese technicians and engineers helping out and guiding the Pakistanis.

The first PAC assembled JF-17 came out in Nov 09, at that time alone around 5-6 or more airframe were in production at Kamra.

So inshAllah by end of this year, the target of 10-12 would be achieved.

And From China also, we would be getting JF-17s, whose final assembly would be done at PAC.

hmmm
Good.if we achieve 10-12 by 2010 then it is a good production line

we atleast to hav 120 jf-17 by 2015.
and 70 of them with AESA and ws-13.

hmmm
Good.if we achieve 10-12 by 2010 then it is a good production line

we atleast to hav 120 jf-17 by 2015.
and 70 of them with AESA and ws-13.

The target date set for 2015 is 150.

50 by 2011 and then at 25 planes per year, hopefully all assembled and manufactured in Pakistan or with some support from China meaning airframes coming from them, the 25 target can be achieved.

AESA isn't yet confirmed nor is WS-13.

WS-13 has just started to go under flight trials, will take another 2-3 years before fully certified.

And the AESA isn't yet confirmed, rumors is that China has prepared the avionics for next batch of JF-17s and trials may start soon.

So both things can happen after first 50 is fulfilled, or may be somewhere in between the next batch starts.

The target date set for 2015 is 150.

50 by 2011 and then at 25 planes per year, hopefully all assembled and manufactured in Pakistan or with some support from China meaning airframes coming from them, the 25 target can be achieved.

AESA isn't yet confirmed nor is WS-13.

WS-13 has just started to go under flight trials, will take another 2-3 years before fully certified.

And the AESA isn't yet confirmed, rumors is that China has prepared the avionics for next batch of JF-17s and trials may start soon.

So both things can happen after first 50 is fulfilled, or may be somewhere in between the next batch starts.

well i also heard about the vixen 1000ES AESA..and i am sure chineese will hav AESA in the coming years.
engine is nt a big thing
bt we need an AESA for jf-17..the only thing which can make Jf-17 deadly aircraft in its class.and even advacne countries will order jf-17 if it has AESA.and getting 50% profit we can spend the profit money on jf-17 upgradation.
and the ws-13 is if tested on jf-17 then it means jf-17 was redesgined for ws-13..means by 2011 end or by 2012 early jf-17 with ws-13 will be ready if nt the 100KN variant.the 86kn is good because atleast it will nt hav the smoke problem like rd-93

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom