What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ali its not 150//its 250-300 JF-17.

Sir,

I would be the happiest if the total reaches that high by 2015. But my view is that given our financial constraints and production capacity, it is a 50-50 if we would be able to touch that figure.

Thanks for your input.

2015 target is 150, first 50 by 2011, then 25 per year from 2012 onwards to reach the 150 target.

By that time, hopefully further testing on a newer variant would have started or done and then the next batch would be finalized for production.

Pak Natl, no 250 or 300 by 2015.

SIR,
I hope u know tht JF-17s r also being ssembled in china?and the number was planned long ago keepin in mind our needs.
Thanks

I hope what you're stating becomes the truth. "Aap ke mun mein ghee shakkar janab".

But be mindful of the fact that our production line currently is an advanced assembly line rather than a full scale manufacturing line. It will take us time to attain full 100% self sufficiency. Till then it's going to be China providing us kits which we would be assembling (for the parts that we would not be manufacturing ourselves). It's going to be really anybody's guess whether China would be able to maintain it's production line plus Pakistan's plus also marshall it's resources to manufacture FC-20s for Pakistan in the background of all the financial credit required by Pakistan to be able to pay for all these goodies.

But it is possible. However I will let myself be pleasantly surprised when 250 or more planes get inducted by 2015 by starting off to expect 150 by 2015 ... rather than be disappointed if that doesn't happen by that deadline.

Realistically my guess is 250 or more JF-17s would be inducted by 2020. The ones after 2015 i.e. the last 100 or more would be a souped version of the current.

I hope what you're stating becomes the truth. "Aap ke mun mein ghee shakkar janab".

But be mindful of the fact that our production line currently is an advanced assembly line rather than a full scale manufacturing line. It will take us time to attain full 100% self sufficiency. Till then it's going to be China providing us kits which we would be assembling (for the parts that we would not be manufacturing ourselves). It's going to be really anybody's guess whether China would be able to maintain it's production line plus Pakistan's plus also marshall it's resources to manufacture FC-20s for Pakistan in the background of all the financial credit required by Pakistan to be able to pay for all these goodies.

But it is possible. However I will let myself be pleasantly surprised when 250 or more planes get inducted by 2015 by starting off to expect 150 by 2015 ... rather than be disappointed if that doesn't happen by that deadline.

Realistically my guess is 250 or more JF-17s would be inducted by 2020. The ones after 2015 i.e. the last 100 or more would be a souped version of the current.

Ali Yusuf,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts buddy.. but whatever you have said has been said atleast 214 times before in the same thread. Things are silent but the forum is on the flow. I don't know if we enjoy reading the same things or what but every time I visit here, the same AESA, PESA, 150, first 50, assembly line and Block-40-52 comparison is gong on. Common guys, tell the readers something new "too".

But I might be wrong in my assessment as "the same things" might have only be repeated 213 times and not 214 as I described.

Ali Yusuf,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts buddy.. but whatever you have said has been said atleast 214 times before in the same thread. Things are silent but the forum is on the flow. I don't know if we enjoy reading the same things or what but every time I visit here, the same AESA, PESA, 150, first 50, assembly line and Block-40-52 comparison is gong on. Common guys, tell the readers something new "too".

But I might be wrong in my assessment as "the same things" might have only be repeated 213 times and not 214 as I described.

I understand what you are saying. However we can only discuss and speculate on things which reality and events allow us to. Sorry things are not happening fast enough for you.

Sir,

You know that, I know that and the others know it as well---PAF has had a lots of time at their disposal---they were given a carte blanche---they were given all the time they asked for and they delievered a DUDD.

The problem that I am bringing out is their incompetence to understand the they have failed again one more time. They are still living in the illusion that there is nothing that they have done is wrong. That is what the biggest part of the problem is.

It was the PAF that decided after 9/11 that the indian threat would diminish and there was no urgency to get a fighter plane right away. It was them that were playing these games in sweden with the SAAB grippen---they were in france checking out the rafael---in u s doing whatever they wanted to do---.

Mr Shamim---they promised me delivery of a system that would counter the indian BVR euipped plane---not a donkey cart---I didnot want a manure spreader---I asked for an eagle flying high dominating the skies---they promised but delievered me a bird living on carrion.

I want to talk about the first batch---this first batch was supposed to be equipped with potent BVR's---this first batch that would have brought some respectability and strength to my nation---there was so much pomp and glory.

What I am saying is that the paf put too many bets on a totally new equipment---a completely untested system---. That is what happens when you put new and untested systems into service---where the designer doesnot have much experience either and neither do you. Where does that end up then---in the muck. Ain't we stuck for now.

Mr Shamim---PAF was never able to analyze the situation after 9/11 properly---they never showed if they understood the urgency and what was at stake---.

The last chief of the air force rented his house in islamabd to the company that made the awacs for uamerican $4500 / month---. He understood the urgency at that time.

The F 22 has issues and so do other planes as well---they are brand new birds---their makers can afford to go through what is happening. Pakistan cannot go through what PAF is putting it through.

PAF should have understood the difficulties in flying the first born---and hedging all their bets on an unknown system---the plane---the radar---the missile---and the weapons control system---give me a break guys.

This job should have been done in spare time---.

We had the money---we had cash---between 2002 and 2005---there was nothing stopping us---the west had not started to hate us again at that time---

Now you people know why the air forces of other nations don't mess with manufacturing their own plane---there is a prudent reason for that---. If ou had let the american air force design aircraft after 2nd war war---they would still been manufacturing P 51 mustangs---because that is what the pilots loved to fly.

Sir, wars are fought on the principals what you acquired day before yesterday---trained on it yesterday to AVOID the battle of today.

Over here everything is just the opposite---is it the pakistani syndrome or what---.

Pshamim, I will bet you that nothing will be okay for a long time to come---you know why----because the paf has not changed its attitude and understanding. Untill and unless they do that---they will be acting like heavy iron chains holding pakistan back.

Your major weapons system must make a statement---it must make the enemy think---it must put pressure on the enemy to come to the table for peac---we are nowhere close to that. The enemy is rather satisfied at our clumsy effort.

Mastan sb, you have rightly summarized the facts. PAF must stop fooling the nation and come out of their delusions that they can defend against the very potent and techonoligically advanced enemy. If they were realy competent enough to take the enemy head on , then why didnt they come out from their nests during Kargil, I guessd just because of the simple reason. They just never wanted to destroy the myth.

The GAP is becoming even wider with the passage of time and PAF is still sitting in the past glory and history.

For how long we will be crying for the lost decade. JF!& is an excellent achievement but its not the solution.

We all know yesterday is history and tomorrow is mystery.my two pennys.:coffee:

If we hav about 100 Jf-17 by 2015 then it is good in numbers

50 without AESA

and 50 with AESA,100Kn engine,TVC if possible,more payload.and some more upgrades then it can tackle with indian fighter like mirages,LCA(if ever inducted by 2015 me still hav doubt on it)ad ther other old stuff

yes it is photo shop but very well done
super thunder

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

original pic

JF-17_background_Mirage_5_ROSE_foreground.jpg

A Pakistani official stated that the Pakistan side has elected to proceed with the development of a twin-seat version of the Chengdu FC-1 or JF-17 in Pakistan service. A CATIC official refused to comment on this development. The Pakistan Air Force’s requirement for a twin seat version of this fighter was first noted to the author by Pakistan Air Force officials in 2004. However, subsequent reports have noted that China was not interested in such a twin-seat version of the FC-1. The Pakistani official at the Dubai show stated, however, that Pakistan has elected to pay for the development of the twin seat version, and that is now proceeding. This official explained that as Pakistan is sharing in the full spectrum of production, usage and sales of the JF-17, that it therefore requires the twin seat version to fully exploit this aircraft. The twin seat version will be used to support training missions and will also be developed into a dedicated attack model.

Pakistan is now funding development of a twin-seat version of this low-cost multirole fighter. Source: RD Fisher

Rick Fisher is a Senior Fellow on Asian Military Affairs. Fisher is a recognized authority on the PRC military and the Asian military balance and their implications for Asia and the United States. Fisher has worked on Asian security matters for over 20 years in a range of critical positions

This report was published on January 20th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom