What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corruption in PAF...

what is this?

if it strue then i think we are patriotic then our PAF official..because i dnt think i will do corruption if i was a PAF official

Pshamim,

Thanks for your post---sir respectfully---I care less about the second batch---. It was this first batch that was supposed to make the difference---the second batch has a lots of hurdles to cross---.

Napoleon lost his battle because his flank was just late by 1 minute to move into action---and here our war machine is not going to be ready for another 5 years.

The french deception will have terrible consequences for the paf in the years to come---. PAF is trying to save its face and really doesnot want to come out in the open and tell how much damage it has really really incurred.

Pshamim---if today I was a rich man---I would have printed up PAF's deception and incompetence in all of the pakistani news papers. This agency has been the most criminally neglegent when it came to buying the right equipment--I would want every pakistani to know how much of a lie they have been living through---the nation has been let down one more time and the poor souls don't even know that they have been ra-ped.

actually i dnt knw what you wanna say about jf-17..

What was PAF expecting frm jf-17? a stealth fighter?
frm the start the program was of light weight aircraft and it is a light weight aircraft.

so what was PAF expetcting frm Jf-17?and what is it now?
plzz do tell me

hey farhan we are patriotic as long as our personal interests don't collide with our national interest...

Let us just take a cool sensible account of the situation here regarding the current BVR capability of the Thunder ...

It was supposed to be able to launch the SD-10 MRAAM. Currently it cannot because there is some interfacing issue (as per pshamim) b/w the radar (KLJ-7) and the missile.

PAF is going to or is already upgrading to the KLJ-10 radar, which will be resolving this issue (courtesy update from pshamim). KLJ-10 is a superior radar.

This issue should not have arisen at all and a remedy should have been sought before the plane's induction into service.

But things could have been worse, if we were not able to upgrade to the KLJ-10 for the entire 1st batch of ~50 planes. This would have meant waiting for the 2nd batch ... which would have started to be inducted from 2012 or later. A huge delay.

But, as clarified by pshamim, the upgrade is going to happen or is already happening for the 1st batch, the delay for the Thunder to become what it was promised to be is not going to be that significant.

I admit that the planning and the contingency considerations regarding the Thunder, may not have been what we would have ideally desired. But we must realize that we are not living in an ideal world. Reality doesn't always unfold according to plan and has little sympathy for contingencies.

No organization in Pakistan is absolutely corruption free. It would be naive to expect that the Pakistan Armed Forces in general and the PAF in particular is totally blemish free in this regard.

But we shouldn't start painting them totally black or totally white ... but instead learn to gauge them in a mature shade of gray.

Let me assure you that the PAF is the least corrupt of the three services. But it too has not been immune from the devious dealings of some black sheep.

So let us all have some faith and take hold of our emotions a bit.

Thats my opinion.

I have made a query to my someone regarding the Air Superiority painted thunders if there is a different radar and other changes in it. Just waiting for his reply and will share with all.

I have made a query to my someone regarding the Air Superiority painted thunders if there is a different radar and other changes in it. Just waiting for his reply and will share with all.

cant wait nabil:coffee:

Well 6400Kg is the weight of the aircraft including its engine, which is about 1000+KG, then as said the whole lot of avionics, wiring, ejection seat and so much other stuff in it also becomes part of the weight.

Again no:

Basic aircraft empty weight is the weight of an aircraft without taking into account any baggage, passengers, or usable fuel. Basic empty weight includes all fluids necessary for operation such as engine oil, engine coolant, and unusable fuel.

Basic aircraft empty weight - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In terms of a fighter that means, 6411Kg (to be precise) is the complete weight of JF 17 without internal fuel, external loads, or the pilot, but including all the parts you mentioned before.

actually i dnt knw what you wanna say about jf-17..

What was PAF expecting frm jf-17? a stealth fighter?
frm the start the program was of light weight aircraft and it is a light weight aircraft.

so what was PAF expetcting frm Jf-17?and what is it now?
plzz do tell me

Hi Farhan,

How are you my man.

You know, after listening to the story all night long---a listener asked---was Heer a male or a female.

Well truly, it was not the listeners fault but that of the story teller who didnot clear the misunderstanding at different intervals.

I guess I should be a little more clearer in what I want to say---but I don't think it would go very well and would be unprofessional.

But thankyou for your input---I will try to be more clearer next time.

Sir,

You are patronizing me with those comments.

Nahin Bhai. I never meant that and if I seem to be, I aplogize.

Evolution is never an easy process. Things crop up when they are not supposed to. Whole fleet of F-22 can be grounded as it did in February because ejection seat rods were found rusted and drain system rendered them useless until they came up with a solution. Now JSF F-35 has developed the same problem.
Few years ago a major missile test failed because a part rusted which helped hold the missile in place before liftoff.

I am sure PAF faced such problems also but they tried to come up with a solution timing of which may not be to our liking. There were few issues like size in KLJ-10 which was expected to be resolved but did not in time. The other option from France as you know is stalled for the time being. Give PAF a little time and you will be pleased with their efforts.

Hi Farhan,

How are you my man.

You know, after listening to the story all night long---a listener asked---was Heer a male or a female.

Well truly, it was not the listeners fault but that of the story teller who didnot clear the misunderstanding at different intervals.

I guess I should be a little more clearer in what I want to say---but I don't think it would go very well and would be unprofessional.

But thankyou for your input---I will try to be more clearer next :thinktank:time.

i am fine...
how about you?
brother tell it simply

why you think Jf-17 is nt a good project or what PAF was expecting frm it?

the project was of light weight aircraft and so the jf-17 is light weight..

jf-17 cockpit supposed to be(initially designed)

JF-17Thunder001.jpg

JF-17cp_.jpg

and it is converted in to ...........

30633.jpg

p8989212.jpg

:china::pakistan:

Hi
what about PAF plans to acquire DARTERS and some sources on net are claiming that Pakistan is also interested in some AESA radar for JF-17. Just a question if Thunder gets AESA & Darters,. will it be as good as block 52.

Hi
what about PAF plans to acquire DARTERS and some sources on net are claiming that Pakistan is also interested in some AESA radar for JF-17. Just a question if Thunder gets AESA & Darters,. will it be as good as block 52.

well If Jf-17 Get
AESA,increase in payload atleast 5ton.
powerfull engine and TVC then i think it is better then block 52 or comparable

well If Jf-17 Get
AESA,increase in payload atleast 5ton.
powerfull engine and TVC then i think it is better then block 52 or comparable

Dont expect too much , Thunders are lightweight jets and they are not comparable to Block 52+ , considering its avionics/ Electronics , Link 16 , Sinper , JHMCS , CFT's , Higher thrust engine , 9 hardpoints / weapon stations , Night vision compatible cockpit and ground strike capabilities.

Thunders have their own class , but as for the generation goes installing an AESA radar ie Salex Galileo Vixen-1000E , AMRAMMS , IRST , IFR , HMD , PL-12 , reducing weight by using composite materials , upto 100KTN Thurst engine will surely turn it into a 4+ generation fighter.

No need to be disappointed , the developments take time and so does the technology to get mature.

Regards:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom