What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
mar-1 brazilian anti radar missile . how it works . how pilot decides when to launch missle . is their any targetting system in jf-17?

There are different ways to fire such missiles.

The US AGM-88 HARM have some kind of pods, which detect the signals from a radar and then the location of the radar is provided to the missile before its launched.

Similarly, aircraft's RWR and ECM or ESMs can be used in detecting the radiation of the radar waves, and let loose the missile towards the intended target.

Other senior members with more knowledge can further input.

Vixen 1000 is for 4.5th gen AC's

Origin
Italy
Sweden

Program Status:
Under Development

Contractor/s
Galileo Avionica
Saab
Saab Microwave Systems
SELEX Sensors and Airborne Systems

Family Members
Vixen 500E

Pakistan currently using SELEX_Galileo Radar GRIFO S7 for JF-17

Deduction range > 50NM (94KM + KM)
Tracking range > 40NM (74KM + KM)
Scan Coverage ± 60° both in Azimuth and Elevation
Track while scan 10 targets tracked, 8 displayed

vixen 500 its only lower in rage then SELEX_Galileo Radar GRIFO S7 (Which is already used by PAF for JF-17), but higher in quality and cost

vixen 500

Track While Scan > 10 Targets
SAR Resolution < 3 m
Track Formation Range (look down) > 25 nm
Track Formation Range (look up) > 35 nm

Vixen 1000 under development. But its for Eurofighter or Gripen and might be offered to India in its MRCA deal

thanx for the info
I think Vixen 500 is nt good..it has a very low range(65 km)
Current radar range is +100km..
i think current chineese radar is better then this vixen 500
and if they provide us Vixen 1000 future its ok..

Pakistan is not using Grifi S7 radar for JF-17s, it has a Chinese radar of the KLJ series.

Right sir :),

KLJ-10:
There is not much known about this Chinese Radar, it is a probably a variant of radar used on J-10. It has met PAF's requirements and therefore has been chosen for initial batch. One can get some idea of its capability by looking at other Radars, whose Manufacturers were/are competing for JF-17/FC-1 Radar Contract.

Source

Actually the range of current chinese radar KLJ-7 is less than 100km

Source:
KLJ-7/10 Fire Control Radar (FCR) (China) - Jane's Avionics

The more then 3-5 year old specification for KLJ-7 has been 105+KM for 5m2 target, while the 3m2 was around 75 or so, but these specifications were in the initial, now the specifications have changed, and what is in JF-17, well that has much superior specifications compared to the original KLJ-7 radar.

I did not saw any Pics of JF-17 with Missile under his wings in Pakistani colours.

Highly appreciate if some can post Real Picture.

Thanks

I did not saw any Pics of JF-17 with Missile under his wings in Pakistani colours.

Highly appreciate if some can post Real Picture.

Thanks

bro we have pics of bombs under his wings but no missile pic until now.:rolleyes:

Yes we saw it dropping Bomb in high Mark Exercise.

What is statistic of current faze of testing weapon?:pakistan:

only kamra guys know that bro its going on . i think many missiles and bombs are going to be test from thunder these days:pakistan:

Yes we saw it dropping Bomb in high Mark Exercise.

What is statistic of current faze of testing weapon?:pakistan:

jf-17 can load maximum 4 IR seeking missile but this news is pretty old,but i believe that number has been increased to 6 because the four under wing missile ejection rails are multiple same as f16 and f16 can load six aim120 as well as six sidewinders too.

but the reasons for not seeing any missile.
1- first squadron is believed to be used for A2G role but they are fully capable for multiple role as well.
2- SD-10/Pl-12 has not been delivered to PAF yet as Pakistan was interested in French weapon system.but it will be now Inshallah.
3- PAF KEEP SUCH TYPE OF THINGS SECRET.;)
regards

Mectron MAR-1 ARM missile works on the same principal as the US HARM missile. The MAR targeting system is very similar to the f-16s HTS or Harm Targeting System. The system works as an internal pod containing sensors and guiding channels in conjunction with 1553B data bus hence it can readily be integrated with Thunder like plug and play concept. The range of MAR-1 is actually classified and published range is 25 km but i came to know that it is actually 1/3 of the actual range so it is close to 75 kms ! This is impressive indeed. MAR-1 took almost ten years for entire development process to be completed and tested thoroughly. PAF is the launch customer apart of BrAF.

KLJ -7 has a search range of 150+ km and acquisition range is more than 105 km for 5m2 target with a SARH missile. Upto 4 MRAAMs can be guided by this radar. This was one of critical PAF requirements for Thunder Radar as initial Grifo-S7 lacked in these two fields. KLJ-7 covers areas that Grifo could not at that time and by the time it did, the Chinese radar was well into production. Also, Grifo is not compatible with SD-10s as of now. The KLJ-7 brochure that surfaced on internet is 3 years old and disclosed after the radar was improved, tested and integrated on Thunder. Current Grifo-S is NOT superior to KLJ-7 but only an EQUIVALENT !

I've been following the J-17 thunder and in all honesty its a 3rd generation jet aircraft with some 4th generation kit. Its not as good as the F-16 and does not compare with the SU-30. But, its certainly better than the Mirages and F-7's in Pakistan's inventory. At least with an intact command and control system you can expect a good fight, by it self without ancilliary support it will struggle. The upgrading and further development of the aircraft is advisable to a point, there on its better to have a new airplane. Pakistan's best bet is to invest heavily in J10's as soon as possible and stretch the numbers to 100. In essence the best situation would be a fleet of 550 warplanes, 100 F16's, 100 J10's, 250 Jf17'S and 100 Rose upgraded Mirages. That would be a credible fighting inventory

I've been following the J-17 thunder and in all honesty its a 3rd generation jet aircraft with some 4th generation kit. Its not as good as the F-16 and does not compare with the SU-30. But, its certainly better than the Mirages and F-7's in Pakistan's inventory. At least with an intact command and control system you can expect a good fight, by it self without ancilliary support it will struggle. The upgrading and further development of the aircraft is advisable to a point, there on its better to have a new airplane. Pakistan's best bet is to invest heavily in J10's as soon as possible and stretch the numbers to 100. In essence the best situation would be a fleet of 550 warplanes, 100 F16's, 100 J10's, 250 Jf17'S and 100 Rose upgraded Mirages. That would be a credible fighting inventory

Explains alot about ur knowledge of military affairs and hardware.
Care to explain wats 4th gen upgrades it has?LOL

82 F-16s BK 52s option for more on table
150 rumoured ----36 currently FC-20s or J10Bs with western avionics and upgrades
several number of ROSE mirage
190+ J-7 PGS upgraded with western radars and other programs(most of them bought in 1990s)
250 - 300 JF-17s in 3 blks with new engine,AESA,and best weapons possiable till 2014
8 AWACS maybe more in future
4 tankers option for more.

The airframe of the JF-17 is 3rd generation my friend........ one does not need to be an aerospace engineer to see that. Its avionics are currently Chinese with a proviso to switch to Grifo serries in latter versions. I'm not slagging off the aircraft its still the best alternative for the PAF, but in order to survive in todays combat enviroment there are far better fighters out there that the JF-17 could not hope to match. So be realistic! off course the other aircrafts such as the F7PG's don't stand a chance better to replace them asap if you value the lives of our pilots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom