What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mectron MAR-1 ARM missile works on the same principal as the US HARM missile. The MAR targeting system is very similar to the f-16s HTS or Harm Targeting System. The system works as an internal pod containing sensors and guiding channels in conjunction with 1553B data bus hence it can readily be integrated with Thunder like plug and play concept. The range of MAR-1 is actually classified and published range is 25 km but i came to know that it is actually 1/3 of the actual range so it is close to 75 kms ! This is impressive indeed. MAR-1 took almost ten years for entire development process to be completed and tested thoroughly. PAF is the launch customer apart of BrAF.

KLJ -7 has a search range of 150+ km and acquisition range is more than 105 km for 5m2 target with a SARH missile. Upto 4 MRAAMs can be guided by this radar. This was one of critical PAF requirements for Thunder Radar as initial Grifo-S7 lacked in these two fields. KLJ-7 covers areas that Grifo could not at that time and by the time it did, the Chinese radar was well into production. Also, Grifo is not compatible with SD-10s as of now. The KLJ-7 brochure that surfaced on internet is 3 years old and disclosed after the radar was improved, tested and integrated on Thunder. Current Grifo-S is NOT superior to KLJ-7 but only an EQUIVALENT !

nabil bhai when Pakistan would get this missile,delivery schedule.?
more details plz.
regards

The airframe of the JF-17 is 3rd generation my friend........ one does not need to be an aerospace engineer to see that. Its avionics are currently Chinese with a proviso to switch to Grifo serries in latter versions. I'm not slagging off the aircraft its still the best alternative for the PAF, but in order to survive in todays combat enviroment there are far better fighters out there that the JF-17 could not hope to match. So be realistic! off course the other aircrafts such as the F7PG's don't stand a chance better to replace them asap if you value the lives of our pilots.

Lol u made my day......
Just one question.......
Wat does a 3rd gen,4 gen or 4.5 gen planes airframe looks like?
would u declare LCA not in service a 3rd gen aircraft?
Would u call F-16 blk 52 or 60 a 3rd gen airframe coz it is in service since 30 yrs?Would u say the same about SU-30 or mig 29s airframes?
How does an engineer tell difference of an airframe and labell a jet from 2010 as 3rd gen?
PAF is looking for AESA not some common radar from griffo series.
Its not just chinese avionics its a J.V so INDUS-SINO avionics.
About J-7 PGS do u know crash rate of indian jets vs PAFs J-7 PGS?
Most upgraded J-7PGS were bought in 1990s embargo period for a nessecery measure of self defence from china.They were upgraded with western weapons ,griffo radars, BVR.
Thanks......next time talk some sense.

I've been following the J-17 thunder and in all honesty its a 3rd generation jet aircraft with some 4th generation kit. Its not as good as the F-16 and does not compare with the SU-30. But, its certainly better than the Mirages and F-7's in Pakistan's inventory. At least with an intact command and control system you can expect a good fight, by it self without ancilliary support it will struggle. The upgrading and further development of the aircraft is advisable to a point, there on its better to have a new airplane. Pakistan's best bet is to invest heavily in J10's as soon as possible and stretch the numbers to 100. In essence the best situation would be a fleet of 550 warplanes, 100 F16's, 100 J10's, 250 Jf17'S and 100 Rose upgraded Mirages. That would be a credible fighting inventory

consider the cost factor as well my friend .. its half of the price to f 16 and its a complete new platform for paf and thunder has a great improvement opportunity in future their will massive upgrades, just think when this air craft can perform so good even better then our old mirages and f7's then what would it be after upgrades.. bro its just a initial stage have patience for some years . and indeed our fighter pilots who are operating on f 16 have declared thunder better then f 16 ab in few aspects.. their is surly no denying that thunder is close 85% comparable aircraft to our f 16A/b..

The airframe of the JF-17 is 3rd generation my friend........ one does not need to be an aerospace engineer to see that. Its avionics are currently Chinese with a proviso to switch to Grifo serries in latter versions. I'm not slagging off the aircraft its still the best alternative for the PAF, but in order to survive in todays combat enviroment there are far better fighters out there that the JF-17 could not hope to match. So be realistic! off course the other aircrafts such as the F7PG's don't stand a chance better to replace them asap if you value the lives of our pilots.

Munzo.
I am happy to debate this issue with you.Please let me know how you reached this decision and what your criteria are for 3rd and 4th generation airframes.
Then next please also explain what 3rd gen and 4th generation avionics are to you and how you think Thunder is a generation behind. Please lket me know your answer and we can debate the issue.
I will counter your impressions about PGs when you respond to my mail
Regard
Araz

i dont want to for say u r wrong .....

but i m not heart 82 f-16 blk 52 m just heart about 18+18 in two orders

correct me if m wrong

Do u know abt current fleet of PAF F-16s upgradation program to enable it to BLK 52 level? By Turkish TAI?

I've been following the J-17 thunder and in all honesty its a 3rd generation jet aircraft with some 4th generation kit. Its not as good as the F-16 and does not compare with the SU-30. But, its certainly better than the Mirages and F-7's in Pakistan's inventory. At least with an intact command and control system you can expect a good fight, by it self without ancilliary support it will struggle. The upgrading and further development of the aircraft is advisable to a point, there on its better to have a new airplane. Pakistan's best bet is to invest heavily in J10's as soon as possible and stretch the numbers to 100. In essence the best situation would be a fleet of 550 warplanes, 100 F16's, 100 J10's, 250 Jf17'S and 100 Rose upgraded Mirages. That would be a credible fighting inventory

lol u might wanna reduce ur wish list and BTW mirages' r fuel suckers and PAF wants to get rid of them as soon as possible!!!

i dont want to for say u r wrong .....

but i m not heart 82 f-16 blk 52 m just heart about 18+18 in two orders

correct me if m wrong

PAF had 34 f-16s till 2005. after which the USA gave pakistan 14 ex peace gate blk15s (out of 28). So the total came to 48 blk 15s. All of these 48 f-16s are being upgraded to block 52 in TUrkey.

plus 32 new block 52s delivery of which will be completed by 2011.

32+48= 80. block52s. :chilli:

Not to forget that out of 28 ex peace gate. Pakistan is negotiating for the return of the remaining 10 f-16s also. :chilli:

translate:
1、PACB will produce 15 JF17s in 2010
2、profit distribution(50% vs 50%)
3、SAAB2000 can link JF17s
4、KLJ-7 has been 105+KM for 5m2 target,Search for 10 target(first 50 Jf17s)
5、SD10A+PL9
6、on stengthen training on if17's pilots(flying at least 2 000 vehicles/year)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom