What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
currently JF-17 is being evaluated by PAF, I want to know that how satisfied PAF is with the performance of this aircraft..as I heard before that it was going to be inducted in late 2008, but they failed to..whatever the reason maybe...

Is it something to do with the performance or something else..If anyone could shed some light on this.

currently JF-17 is being evaluated by PAF, I want to know that how satisfied PAF is with the performance of this aircraft..as I heard before that it was going to be inducted in late 2008, but they failed to..whatever the reason maybe...

Is it something to do with the performance or something else..If anyone could shed some light on this.

The JF-17 program is right on schedule and the first squadron will be active within the first quarter of this year. Lets keep our fingers cross.

Last edited by a moderator:
President chairs meeting reviewing defense needs

Updated at: 1434 PST, Wednesday, January 14, 2009
President chairs meeting reviewing defense needs ISLAMABAD: President Asif Ali Zardari chaired a high-profile meeting at the President House here, primarily focusing the defense requirements of the country.

Sources said that Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Chief, Air Chief Marshall Tanvir Mahmud Ahmad gave briefing to the President on JF-17 Thunder Aircrafts. Defense Minister, Ahmad Mukhtar was also present on this occasion.

The President appreciating the PAF performance assured meeting the entire requirements of Armed Forces of Pakistan.

President, PM briefed on JF-17 Thunder aircraft
a very intresting situation and why all of a sudden so much is happening Indian army cheif says we are ready!! PAF chief meets the president and Saudi intelligence chief is in Pakistan....is everything ok....

From my information (based on news/senior members on different defence forums) , the first squadron will not have A2A refueling but later ones will. The first squadron might later be updated to have the A2A refueling.

I think the reason the first squadron hasn't been formally inducted is that PAF hasn't finalized testing and integrating the "western parts" in the plane.

President, PM briefed on JF-17 Thunder project

ISLAMABAD: President Asif Ali Zardari was on Wednesday briefed on Pakistan’s JF-17 Thunder fighter aircraft project, at the Presidency. The briefing came at a meeting attended by Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani, Federal Defence Minister Chaudhry Ahmed Mukhtar, Finance Adviser Shaukat Tareen and the chief of the air staff. The meeting was told that the aircraft would have an ‘edge’ over its contemporaries – especially the Indian light-combat aircraft – in terms of cost, early availability and supportability. JF-17 Thunder is a lightweight, all-weather, multi-role fighter aircraft jointly developed by China and Pakistan. staff report

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

but i want to know that first squadron of jf17 has the capability of bvr or not ..??

as I heard before that it was going to be inducted in late 2008, but they failed to..whatever the reason maybe...

The thunder project is going in a very good speed.As far as i know the first squadron will be operational by April 09....as 4-6 more thunders will join PAF in end of Feb or 1st week of March:smitten:

I was just wondering. What are the specific tasks/tests that take place between the acquisition of a brand new jet fighter and its induction into the Air Force. In particular, what are they going to test on each JF-17 before they give it the thumbs up for war operation? I can guess the basics, such as, high-G testing, target testing and strafing, instrumentation and control testing, but what else?

I was just wondering. What are the specific tasks/tests that take place between the acquisition of a brand new jet fighter and its induction into the Air Force. In particular, what are they going to test on each JF-17 before they give it the thumbs up for war operation? I can guess the basics, such as, high-G testing, target testing and strafing, instrumentation and control testing, but what else?

I believe one big part will be developing tactics that maximise the plan's strengths, understanding its weakeness and and coming up with tactics to makesure your pilots come out on top all the time/as much as possile. I almost think the hardware and software development and integration might not be as challenging as developing the actual battle tactics.

President, PM briefed on JF-17 Thunder project

Bit out of topic but this briefing or lets say sudden interest of govt. in one Pakistan defence matter poped up after the visit of Saudi intelligence cheif, who carried a message of Shah Abdulla for people of Pakistan: 'People of Pakistan should be most careful about their defence and economy.'
It is alarming that foreign intelligences are noting the declining attention of Pakistan govt. on its defence needs.
It is need of the hour that Pakistan's defence budget if not equal than at leased should be in some reasonable parity with its classic enemy, india.

well i don't trust our PRESIDENT!! I have a feeling he is putting PAKISTAN UP FOR SALE!! however coming back to the topic...i seriously feel the JF-17 is under powered...with its RD-93 engine...on another thread i read somewhere that PAF wants to change the engine is it true can someone elaborate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom