What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alert>>>there is a troll on this forum under Pakistani Flag a true hindu lover who just can't live without LCA's praises and keep on explaining as if he is PAC's senior engineer that JF-17 is just another mig he keeps on going telling his indian lovers that from aircraft's body fuselage to rest of it JF-17 is a generation behind LCA...he keeps praising about LCA's engine and flybywire system praising it to be best while tells JF-17 can't be compared to LCA as its somehow obsolete...As soon i as i get his ID/DISPLYNAME i'll forward it to you guys on thread to have a clear picture whose that moron..

Chillax bro! It doesn't matter what the Indians say about JF-17. You shouldn't be so obsessed with what they think. The ones who say "LCA is better than Typhoon and JF-17 is Junk Fighter sino-pak trash" are either:

a) Clueless - they don't know jack about jets. Just see el-nino's posts, I proved him wrong every single time and he still kept coming back with the same old rubbish in the F-16 blk 70 thread.

b) Bitter - they can't stand that Pakistan has a jet they can call their own being inducted into one of the best trained air forces in the world (an air force that would never accept JF if it was nothing less than a lean mean fighting machine), yet their big bad LCA is still not in service (nowhere near, according to some sources).

You can't change what they think, so why get angry about it? The smart Indians know the truth. So what if the dumb ones don't?
Instead of wasting your time making angry posts, you should come here with some interesting question/idea/news so that you can have an interesting, informative and mature discussion with your fellow Pakistanis (and Indians). :)

PC said:
no bro, you did not uderstand me. i did not ment to say SD-10 lacks such capabilites but rather emphisized on MICA being a better missile. SD-10 is in AIM-120B/R-77 league or even better.

Sorry I misunderstood you brother, but we don't even know for sure if MICA is a better missile!
You have to understand that these missiles are weapons of war and the countries who make them will NEVER let normal people (like you and me) know what the actual capabilities of these weapons are. We simply do not know what the actual range of these missiles are, never mind what their ECM and maneuvering capabilities are - what we do know is that SD-10 is comparable to R-77 and certain versions of AMRAAM (I am not sure about MICA) - this is all we know! You cannot know anything more unless you have clearance to classified information.
We can compare it, say "yes it is similar to this" but what we can't say is "yes SD-10 is worse than MICA because it is Chinese and China is not as good at making missiles as France!"

Last edited:
:yahoo:Pshamim of pakdef.info is repoting that the new verrsion of JF17 will have WS13 followed by a Pakistani manufactured higher thrust engine, twin tails, and more stealth features. He also let out that Pakistan and China are working on a new plane which ay come to fruition in 2012. No further details are known at present.
I cant help but think that the CG of the Thunder might become a reality after all.
Sir MuadK where are you ? can you let us know some more tidbits? You can always PM me:yahoo::lol::D
WaSalam
Araz

:yahoo:Pshamim of pakdef.info is repoting that the new verrsion of JF17 will have WS13 followed by a Pakistani manufactured higher thrust engine, twin tails, and more stealth features. He also let out that Pakistan and China are working on a new plane which ay come to fruition in 2012. No further details are known at present.
I cant help but think that the CG of the Thunder might become a reality after all.
Sir MuadK where are you ? can you let us know some more tidbits? You can always PM me:yahoo::lol::D
WaSalam
Araz

was he enlightend by my video on youtube?:D

WS-13 sounds a bit under powered for new JF-17 version with 2 addtional hard points, 2 ruders "more drag", more internal fuel, and playload and the new version should also gain some more weight. PAF better find a new solution if they are interusted in new JF-17 concept, advace M53 sounds a good option. a more bulky JF-17 version with AESA, 2win ruder, more hard points, etc should have been the obvious choice for last 100 batch.
cant wait for this:victory::guns:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the exact post by from pshamim (ex PAF fighter pilot):

pshamim said:
We have been discussing JF-17s on these threads for quite some times. Some latest rumors. We should expect a twin tail in future batch productions.

Pakistan is said to be working on a future engine for JF-17 with a greater TWR. RD-93 will be replaced by WS-13 which in turn will could be replaced by Pakistani produced engine.

French M-88 is still in running and could be integrated in future batches.

Now the most thrilling rumor is that China and Pakistan are working on another aircraft which will be revealed in 2012. Remember you heard it first on Pakdef.

Enjoy!

FaisalK (aka Mark Sein) said:
1) Could the M-88 be a basis for a Pakistani produced engine?
2) This new aircraft in 2012, it is different from FC-20 correct?

pshamim said:
No, I do not have the details. May be sometime in near future we begin to get some details.
Patience Bhai!

Thanks to Sir P.Shamim at Pakdef for bringing us this information!

El-nino, what were you saying about the airframe needing huge structural changes to be modified? JF-17 CAN BE MODIFIED WITH TWIN-VERTICAL TAILS. You just got proven wrong by the very manufacturers of the JF. :lol:

Last edited:
WaSalam
Araz

I think everyone over here knows that Block 2 of JF17 would be a much better plane. We will obviousally see a better engine, more thrust vectoring, better avionics and better radar system. But what interests me is the claim about another fighter jet because i have heard this claim from several other people in the Armed Forces. My guess is its JXX, afterall in the early years of JF17's development we never knew that Pakistan and China were working on a figher plane. I guess time will tell whether Pakistan and China are working on a new fighter plane or not.

WaSalam
Araz

China is having enough trouble building the WS-13 with all that infrastructure and experience but somehow we are going to come up with a better one right out of the blue?

that plane to come out in 2012 must be the JXX :cool:

China is having enough trouble building the WS-13 with all that infrastructure and experience but somehow we are going to come up with a better one right out of the blue?

that plane to come out in 2012 must be the JXX :cool:

I have te utmost of respects for Pshamim and some other people on Pakdef.info, but the time line seems a bit warped and premature to me. Perhaps I understood him wrong and the contract may be signed in 2012 with delivery in 2015--18. I have no source but my own hunch to back this up and would be glad to be proven wrong.
PS:- PC my friend that is one mean mama and I too would love to see it in PAF colours!!
WaSalam
Araz

I have te utmost of respects for Pshamim and some other people on Pakdef.info, but the time line seems a bit warped and premature to me. Perhaps I understood him wrong and the contract may be signed in 2012 with delivery in 2015--18. I have no source but my own hunch to back this up and would be glad to be proven wrong.
PS:- PC my friend that is one mean mama and I too would love to see it in PAF colours!!
WaSalam
Araz

So do I.

But remember that even if something comes out in 2012, induction will take some time and we don't know how long they have been working on this already. Both us and china keep our plans secret. JF-17 could possible have the modifications in this timeframe but as he said "another plane" , we might have been working on it for quite some time or just like the JF-17 we might have joined in at a later stage to an already in progress work on a plane.

His other post about multi-national consortiums building different things including pakistan, china, turkey, italy, germany got me all confused. Anyone here made something out of that post?

Lets hope he reveals some more information soon.

guys, please keep this news under wraps! there is no need to tell everyone, please keep it to yourselves. We have nothing to gain from telling anyone about our projects, but we have everything to lose.

I think it is possible that PAF and China will sign an MoU to jointly develop a 5th generation fighter in 2012. Initial induction could then take place sometime after 2020, and I expect be geared towards replacing the F-16A/Bs, F-7PGs and Mirage ROSE - if they remain. As for the "Pakistani turbofan", I think it is likely that this would entail something based on an existing system, possibly SNECMA (French) M-88.

Or pakistan is working on some reverse engineering project?

Anyone call tell me how much is pakistan involved with engines? like any assembly lines, overhauling, etc that could provide us with deep understanding and infrastructure?

guys, please keep this news under wraps! there is no need to tell everyone, please keep it to yourselves. We have nothing to gain from telling anyone about our projects, but we have everything to lose.

We are just quoting and speculating what is available on internet. Its not like we are providing any information. We don't even know for sure if that information is just a rumor or credible.

I think it is possible that PAF and China will sign an MoU to jointly develop a 5th generation fighter in 2012. Initial induction could then take place sometime after 2020, and I expect be geared towards replacing the F-16A/Bs, F-7PGs and Mirage ROSE - if they remain. As for the "Pakistani turbofan", I think it is likely that this would entail something based on an existing system, possibly SNECMA (French) M-88.

i wish this turns out to be true,

with a fifth generation aircraft in our fleet and being supported by some 200 JF17 and 70-90 J10z it will be ideal condition, we can also look upon some F16z block 52 if we can somehow get them but it will do good even without them.

what do you think

Initial induction could then take place sometime after 2020, and I expect be geared towards replacing the F-16A/Bs, F-7PGs and Mirage ROSE -

you think after almost a billion dollars worth of investment in F-16 upgradtion, PAF can afford to phase them out in 10-15 years? What are we, US? :what:

you think after almost a billion dollars worth of investment in F-16 upgradtion, PAF can afford to phase them out in 10-15 years? What are we, US? :what:

Definitely not all of them, but how long do you expect the F-16s ordered in the 1980s to be able to last? The airframes also have a life and would eventually need to be retired in about the time mentioned by Mark.

Definitely the some later F-16s and the latest F-16s would be able to last longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom