What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely not all of them, but how long do you expect the F-16s ordered in the 1980s to be able to last? The airframes also have a life and would eventually need to be retired in about the time mentioned by Mark.

Definitely the some later F-16s and the latest F-16s would be able to last longer.

the airframes will be given MLU so it should eaisly give them 20+ years boost. for god sake we are still operating some 40 years old mirages so i do expect these f-16s to make it through 40+ years of service. though its another case if our F-16s are never given MLU then they should retire with in 10-15 years.

you think after almost a billion dollars worth of investment in F-16 upgradtion, PAF can afford to phase them out in 10-15 years? What are we, US? :what:
I didn't even say when exactly the F-16s will be replaced, I just said that production of the new fighter would start after 2020 and be geared towards replacing the Mirage ROSE, F-7PG and F-16A/Bs. Is there anything questionable in that? Jesus Christ kid, learn to read.

When Pakistan is at a stage where it can produce its own fighter aircraft, you cannot sit there and tell everyone that PAF will just operate 50+ year old aircraft in every era. Although the F-16s will pull off 40-50 years of service, from their induction point we would already be hovering over the 2020s and 2030s when the 5th-gen fighter is to enter production, as I earlier stated.

Thirdly, you PC have some serious issues. Why on earth are you even discussing this 5th-gen business when you couldn't even accept pshamim's earlier statement regarding the F-22Ps being replaced. You either discredit the source completely, or accept it completely. BTW, before posting those stupid CGI videos on YouTube, can you please provide a few sources or links to substantiate the content? You're making a joke out of every Pakistani with those fan spurts of yours online.

Last edited:
this news.......y r we trustin this person so much????? is he really that reliable source????

mark sein is pshamin's messenger and their is only one source god and no one but Pshamin. so far in our arguments, what you have come up with are based on others opinion and you are trying to force it on others as if they are facts.
I just said that production of the new fighter would start after 2020 and be geared towards replacing the Mirage ROSE, F-7PG and F-16A/Bs.
Once F-16s are given MLU PAF will never replace them in around same time frame as Mirage-rose upgraded or even F-7pg.

BTW, before posting those stupid CGI videos on YouTube, can you please provide a few sources or links to substantiate the content?

Jesus Christ kid, learn to read. i have clearly mentioned in my video that its a "concept" and provided a lenthy information with a "link" which for some reasion did not cross through your eyes. next time do have a double check ;)
btw yesterday those same pictures were jubilation for many pakistanis and now for the sake of dissing me you called them stupid.

PAF first 150 JF-17 will have
- French RC-400 radar
- Russian Rd-93 and Chinese WS-13 engine.
- French avionics
- Chinese/French armament package

PAF next 100 JF-17 II batch
- 9 + hardpoints
- AESA radar
- New engine
- New EW suite
- New avionics

(Grande Strategy)

Future Modernization Roadmap

I think the future modernization of the JF-17 in PAF service will be along two more blocks first 50, next 100 and final 100. It may be that the first 50 will be modernized after the last block.

The first 50 will include Chinese avionics and weapons, RD-93 engines and at best a foreign IR missile. The second block is likely to incorporate the WS-13 engine, Western radar and missiles and various augmenting sensors. A HMD/S such as the Guardian or the Cobra with a HOBS missile would also be something the PAF is likely to be looking at. Some minor stealth features may also be incorporated in the second block.

The third block would possibly incorporate a Chinese AESA and perhaps a Chinese ramjet BVR missile (given that the speculated Meteor buy does not go through).

It is also likely to be more stealthier than any previous blocks. I would personally like to see provision for two BVRs to be kept semi-recessed, centerline and one behind the other, while the IR missiles stay on the wing tip. This could be a good trade-off between stealth and performance on a limited airframe.

A few readily available upgrades can also be borrowed from the J-11 program, including the new 3D holographic wide angel HUD and the optical missile approach-warning receiver. These should go into the JF-17s from the very first block.

Last edited:
mark sein is pshamin's messenger and their is only one source god and no one but Pshamin. so far in our arguments, what you have come up with are based on others opinion and you are trying to force it on others as if they are facts.
Here's a warning, next time never bring up sarcasm equating anyone to God or a sole source of reference. I will not tolerate it...if you want to make fun of my reliance on PakDef & pshamim, there are other more mature ways to do so.
Once F-16s are given MLU PAF will never replace them in around same time frame as Mirage-rose upgraded or even F-7pg.
I simply said that the 5th gen fighter would be geared towards replacing the Mirage ROSE, F-7PG and F-16A/B. I did not say in the same timeframe - other than after 2020 - and unless you can now prove to me that F-16 would be replaced by something completely diff, you may do so with sources.
LMAO! ...this source got some of its info from:

There are indications that Chengdu is becoming a major cooperation hub for Pakistan and China. Hints are flying that more is brewing at Chengdu than the FC-1 and the J-10 sourced from the ever reliable pshamim of pakdef.

This would be a far bigger strategic issue and perhaps I will need more time to think about it and figure out the ripple effects of this. One that comes first to my mind is pshamim’s hint that there is more brewing in China than the JF-17 and the J-10.

People to look for & Credits
[...]
Pshamim
In case you still don't get it, the source/link you gave me also cites pshamim as a source.

So seriously, learn to read.

....and BTW, I also know the writer of that site, he also posts from PakDef and we discussed on the forum many of the points he brought up. Once you get the balls to ask this forum's administration about pshamim, you can also ask GrandeStrategy about pshamim's credibility, and even ask them about me as well.

PS: Still waiting for your link regarding PN's interest in FREMM, among others.

Last edited:

PAF first 150 JF-17 will have
- French RC-400 radar
- Russian Rd-93 and Chinese WS-13 engine.
- French avionics
- Chinese/French armament package

PAF next 100 JF-17 II batch
- 9 + hardpoints
- AESA radar
- New engine
- New EW suite
- New avionics
Just wanted to say that you don't know what first 150 JF will have, RC-400 and other French avionics might not be selected by PAF, all we know so far is that they have been offered and PAF is considering them.
Your JF-17 II batch list is pure speculation too unless you provide proper links. Only PAF knows what the specs are, it's years away anyways so it could easily be changed.
ALso, don't mean to gang up against you bro, but you got nothin. Like Mark said, PShamim is a major source for the Grande Strategy writer too. You should quit being a prick to Mark now! :)
You should also know that it was Grande Strategy who were saying they spotted Saudi Tornadoes in Pakistan. Then Sir MuradK came on here and confirmed that there are no Saudi jets in Pakistan at all.

Last edited:
what ever are the updtaes, we should start serial production now. the JF17 flying after 15 to 20 years without any modifications wil be useless as it will be the generation of the fifth generation stealth plane so we should get them flying as early as possible!

Even HAL Tejas looks batter with Composite body, Thrust/weight ratio of 1.03, batter radar, batter g-Limits and small size.

Why do you think that we are buying it in Large numbers?

Are you serious?

I think JF - 17 will serve in air force till 2035 and They don't look vGood to me.
I know JF 17 are cheap but still I think we should go for J 10 or F 16 Block 52.

Before making a foolish statement like this; i suggest you go and read this entire thread, than you will understand why PAF is going for this.

I think JF - 17 will serve in air force till 2035 and They don't look vGood to me.
I know JF 17 are cheap but still I think we should go for J 10 or F 16 Block 52.

Sir,

5 posts on this board---no more than 2 or three liners. Please print your reasons and analysis about JF 17 why you believe it is so.

Can we find out a little bit more about your background so that we can learn why you have the views that you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom