What's new

JF-17 Thunder - Information Pool

The radar in this picture is not KLJ-7, rather Thales RC-400

This shall be KLJ-7 radar picture...

jf-17_thunder_klj-7_radar-270x300.jpg

WS-13 engine. The exhaust petal looks similar to RD-93 engine

WS-13.jpg

post by sir pshamim

Also it is totally a figment of imagination on the part of some that Mirages were sacrifised so we could buy more F-16s. Fact is that F-16s were already part of PAF when the Mirages were first discussed. I can vouch for that as I went to Pakistan working as member of the F-16 team for General Dynamics Corporation

Brothers, there have been fresh rumors about JF-17 and its weapons. I am not sure if they are true but rumors from certain sources have proved to be true in the past.

1. All SD-10A missiles will be upgraded to SD-10B standard
2. PAF has also received some SD-10B
3. Additional SD-10B will be delivered after PLAAF receives them
4. SD-10B version has key R&D inputs from PAF
5. Block-II will receive a new radar, and all earlier versions will be upgraded with this new radar. Current radar may not be able to support SD-10B which PAF has decided to use as standard weapon.
6. New radar willmay be equipped with a rotating plate(Swash plate) Could it be an AESA similar to Sweedish Gripen NG radar
7. The new radar will be a true and completely multi-functional
8. Small Diameter Bombs are being tested by FC-1 06 for use on JF-17 currently
9. PAC Kamra is expanding and will be able to meet maximum production

post by sir pshamim

We heard about the optical pod being tested but PAC/CAC were actually testing the new fiber optic(4 wires) harness. This not only reduces the weight but replaces the fly by wire with a fly by light technology with electrical/optical conversion at each end i.e. FCC computer and to the ailerons on the wings. The electrical-optical conversion in the signal line uses systems produced by Hub Defense Photonics Group of South Plainfield, NJ . Each concentrator can condense thousands of double-circuit signals in a single optical bus. FBL technology offers significant savings in weight and safer fly-by-wire systems. The system streamlines a bulky cable assembly in only four fiber optic cables. The fiber optic harness transmits a signal for more redundant system integrity and security. A fly-by-wire require additional harness to achieve the same level of security.

By the way, there are rumors that a block-2 JF-17 PT-08 is already flying in China

post by sir pshamim

thats amazing then ...fly by light technology doesnt come alone .... it certainly means we may be seeing many more surprises in BII then we imagined ....

It was PT06 that was carring that famous POD ..... PT-08 hasnt come into spot light ..... Yet

The long awaited Chap 6 and 7 are uploaded. The last Chapter will have lots of digital art(of JF-17 carrying Ra'ad, H-2/4, MAR-1, C-802 etc), cut-away drawings and some original pictures of JF-17 carrying with armoury. Finally, InshAllah PDFs of these all separate chapters will be uploaded;)

Chapter 6 : JF-17 Thunder’s Threat warning system, tail housing & drogue chute

Chapter 7 : JF-17 Thunder’s Landing Gears, Engine, Air Brakes and Horizontal Stabilizers

Man i really appreciate your work but don't agree with those Chaff and Flare Pictures.
I was expecting close up images like other old chapters.
Something like this

jf-17_thunder_avionics_shelve-201x300.jpg

jf-17_thunder_baggage_01-194x300.jpg

Or like this
FlareDispenserFuseTopStbd.jpg

suu-25-DFST9204375_JPG.jpg

i ve never seen any aircraft flying with covered Flare holes. Please Please Please .. provide Images like above ....

Pervaiz Shamim Sahib again
Recent unveiling of the a new optical pod mounted on JF-17/FC-1 points toreplacement of WMD-7 optical pod in Block-2.

Current JF-17 uses two pods, the optical WMD-7 and KG-300G electronic jamming pod. Unlikely that PAF will carry two optical pods JF-17 simultaneously. WMD-7 is said to have a single optical system while the new pod is rumored to have two optical windows. No further infomation is available.

Pervaiz Shamim Sahib again

Recent unveiling of the a new optical pod mounted on JF-17/FC-1 points toreplacement of WMD-7 optical pod in Block-2.
Current JF-17 uses two pods, the optical WMD-7 and KG-300G electronic jamming pod. Unlikely that PAF will carry two optical pods JF-17 simultaneously. WMD-7 is said to have a single optical system while the new pod is rumored to have two optical windows. No further infomation is available.

What is an optical window?

Back
Top Bottom