What's new

JF-17 French Avionics Deal On Hold/Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
birdofprey...good question now i'm thinking why rafale being a good fighter Jet failed when it came to french marketing their product.well except for french offering it to others not others coming to french...Incase of Pakistan F-16 will always win.

The economic reason being told is just a mask to cover the real reason for up holding the deal or canceling it for now.

1.6B deal did not meant the money is to b paid upfront, as such deals require money as the order is given, if we order for 50 JF-17 avionics and weapons, the deal would be half, once the first 50 ordered is paid, then comes the next payment, which is not out of our hand to pay if need arises.

The real issue is the Indian deal, as the tests are near to final stages and recently the news that 4 out of the 6 MMRCA contenders have failed the high altitude test, thus jeopardizing the chances of 4 contenders means only 2 are left and this new outcome suggests Rafale is among the ones which has passed the tests and has now a good shot at the MMRCA deal, plus the M2K upgrade deal is also in the pipeline. Don't take it as coincidence as it is not.

So the french put the deal on hold which has nearly been finalized and will see to the outcome of the Indian deal, if the French won, JF-17 avionics deal is sunk, if it doesn't, then the JF-17 deal may go through, similarly the submarine deal would go ahead too.

Do remember, the French aviation sector is in bad shape due to no successful sales of their Rafale so far, while their Naval sector is doing fine so far. Thus the emphasis would be to get the Indian deal, as it will boost their aviation sector which needs a good big order.

Great vision and insight :tup:

Mark my words. Spending on military with all the available resources will soon make Pakistan lag behind the regional countries like Srilanka and Bangladesh. That is for sure.

birdofprey..our military spending is limited. we're doing fine. but if our minerals/oil sector and gawadar booms within next 7 years no one is going to hold Pakistan from economic development/Armed Forces.

Mark my words. Spending on military with all the available resources will soon make Pakistan lag behind the regional countries like Srilanka and Bangladesh. That is for sure.

We are doing well thank you bird of prey , for your comment

100 J10B
100 J11

Is the annoucement that can help ease our mood for now

Now that french deal is gone what is the Backup Plan.By the Way i am really surprised that PAF alone had 8 Billion Dollars.

birdofprey...good question now i'm thinking why rafale being a good fighter Jet failed when it came to french marketing their product.well except for french offering it to others not others coming to french...Incase of Pakistan F-16 will always win.

Sir, i apreciate that you have answered. But in my opinion the marketing has lagged due to its make date. even France inducted the first of the rafale in 2007, when first of the F-16s can be dated back to 1975.

Dont you think its too early with the in between years seeing 2 recessions and all causing the costly Rafael not getting inducted and marketed???

Could it be due to Mrca tender?
Maybe indians are going for rafale then?
Anyways now sub deals will go to the germans and avionics may go to them or other european country or US and thus no trust on french.

Yes sub's deal might end up with German but not the rest. What do you think the Indian lobby that made French turn their neck would stop lobbying? Don't look towards USA as they want to see India stronger in the region to counter China.

Pakistan is the is the hindrance in their plans and the stronger they make Pakistan, the threat level of Pakistan to India increases and that reduces weight of Indian strength against China. Our strategics and regional objectives only go with China and their's with us. No other western country can help Pakistan beyond a certain limit. You can count on Turkey though. As far as French Avionics are concerned, its not a dead deal. We are not weight-less if anybody is assuming but for now the deal is at halt. Lets wait and see on what side this camel sits.

So long the technology is not falling in Chinese hands through Pakistan, this should not affect Pakistan. At any rate, I have always maintain that we must sack our 'western technology' obsession for good otherwise we will (though already are) sink under the weight of this self-imposed Obsessive–Compulsive Disorder (OCD). If Chinese can rely on their low, mid or high-end or whatever level of technology to defend their nation, so can we.
That's debatable, wasn't there pics of Chinese engineers examining PAFs F16 in Pakistan and a PAF Mirage 3 ended in China right?
Also China relys on their techs, because except of Russian techs, there is nothing on offer for them. If they had the chance to get western parts that are superior than theirs, they would upgrade their fighters like that too.
I know some people will hate this, but Pakistan should follow Indias example and develop more and more arms and techs at home and even if that will be only a small part at the beginning, it is one step ahead to self reliance, but of course a better economy is the key for everything!

Yes its a diplomatic vicotry and congratulations to India and a thumps down for Mr 10% since he was on the forefront to shelve other deals (U-214) in favor of French.

You are trying to write the last line in the middle of the page. The deal is not over neither it is cancelled but "halted' which means we need to make some more effort to get it through. As a Pakistani citizen, we have learned to live hard, face challenges, survive in the toughest situation and flourish without support. We have been doing in the past and we have only more potential to do over and over agan. French avionics were not to be used with Pakistani fighter jets alone but Egyptian planes might also had the same avionics. This might have something to with the future potential and future fears that lobbing countries may have. So lets don't try to read until it is written. Lets not congratulate anybody until we know it is indeed the time.

And on the side note, you only loose when you accept you are lost. Before that, its the part of the game.

:pakistan:

And for those Indian members who are trying to emphasize on our economic condition as the main reason, well we had these situations for many years now, but still the French went into negotiations with us on JF-17 avionics and even tried their best to sell us their Marlin Class submarine and even let us test & evaluate their Tiger helicopter for possible sale, knowing we have bad economic situation. Does that rings any bell to why they went ahead even then ??

Sane mind will give only one reason, the Indian factor is involved this time, there is no other explanation.

But, don't worry, we will overcome this situation also, as this isn't the first time we had to face such hypocrites.

And as for fear of Tech transfer, well the French were the ones who gave a lot of military tech themselves to China, Z-9, Z-11, Z-8 helicopters, HQ-7 SAM, naval ships combat system software, and few other things also.

What will Happen to our JF-17s now.I mean will they use Chinese Avionics or Italians.If So could we expect that the number of JF-17s could be significantly reduced.

sancho..kindly list me major arms india develop in home or mean to say import and assemble them?

On a lighter note
Lets send em for espionage in France
ofj8k.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom