What's new

JF-17 French Avionics Deal On Hold/Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
I concur. France has halted the deal, not canceled it. Once Pakistan secures the funds, then I'm sure France will go ahead with the deal.
This is french way of showing that unlike americans, they are willing to play ball with India if India is willing to provide major business..

It could either be a carrot to get the MMRCA deal

or

India's stick of suspending teh Air bus tankers and exploring Israel to upgrade its Mirages is working..

I think you are forgetting your country has tried to open up a war at least 2 times in the past decade alone. We are living at the bank of a Nuclear War my friend.

well, my friend I am definitely not going to go into debate who tried to open war against whom,cause that will start a new debate alltogether.My motive of telling you to consider your own Pakistan made avionics were just because my country has gained from that kind of project,so i was suer it will help Pakistan as well.

as you know both countries (India and Pakistan)have nuclear weapons,that actually narrows down the possibility of a war betwen the two countries...India is booming my friend..it will never want to destroy its future by going inti a war..atleast at this point of time.:)

Anyways that was just an honest opinion without keeping any anti Pakistan thoughts in mind.

Nah we are gonna annouce

100 J10B with Full Avionics with AESA & Awac support
100 J11B with Full Avionics with AESA & Awac support

Annoucement very soon

The thunder is in good shape already looking forward to its 2 squadrons end of year

We already are workin on AWACs with China I am sure we can transfer some knowledge to our head quarters
Hi
aren't we getting a lil too carried away with these dreams? 100j-11b , 100j10b, then u also wanted Rafale, Venezuela's f-16's, type 104 frigate, merlins along with Chinese & German subs, i hope i didnt miss anything yes bvrm capable Mirages :azn:
I hope it all comes true

M2K up gradation to -05 standard is confirm plus Rafale will be there in MMRCA

This is it Indians have played their card, French have proved that they love 'Dollah', Viv la France

dont u be worry:disagree:,Rafale is surly be kicked out of MMRCA they've got no interest in Grippen,F16 n Rafale.
better discuss it with "AVRIL".

Hi
aren't we getting a lil too carried away with these dreams? 100j-11b , 100j10b, then u also wanted Rafale, Venezuela's f-16's, type 104 frigate, merlins along with Chinese & German subs, i hope i didnt miss anything yes bvrm capable Mirages :azn:
I hope it all comes true

FC-20 is already showing 150 crafts interest (wikipedia) ... we need to move funds to J11 100

Just fast track it do a press release

What we need is when ever the lobby sites pain and panic , put the foot down , and purchase 2ice the weapons and do a big press release. To push the panic mode in hyper mode this is the only response -

Sure the avionics deal is slowed no problem just dedicate the funds over to 100- J11B project and 100 - J10B project

Why just get avionics ? When we can get full planes (Avionics + Frames and Technology)

Now we have ample cash saved up 8 billion dollars ? Is it ?

Even if we investe 1 billion in developing our own industry !!! Avionics we can achive more becasue cost of research and engineering is cheaper in Pakistan due to abundance of personnel available and software engineers in Pakistan

There are 80-90 solid Software engineering companies in Pakistan just give them the cash 1 billion over 2-3 years , I am sure we will have our own avionics

Becasue 1 billion USD means 15 billion USD in term of return of investment with Pakistani talent and engineering - we develop our own PHD and physics experts they just need tools & cash supply there isn't a company in West that has no Pakistani engineer's mark on it

You spend 100,000 in 1 year it gets you 1 engineer in west , in Pakistan we can activate 10 engineers , on project , 1 billion could be just as good as investing 15 billion in western standard. Every thing we need is in Pakistan/China

If Pakistan takes its creme of crop Software engineers and Physics experts , for next 2-3 years, and not allowed them to move to middle east to take up useless website html jobs and pushes them into real code work in National Avionics Development Authority etc

a) Pattern Recognition
b) Translating radar signals into data that can relay info in 3D , 2D
c) Artificial intelligence
d) Radar signal emitions
e) Robotics
f) Advance math calculation via programming
g) Sensors to pick up and identify friendly units and foes etc tracking

This is exactly what F-35 - I don't know if but its not rocket science

China is biggest maker of lasers , has anyone in our national defence bothered to order 50-60 laser pods for research ?

I mean we are talking about 40,000 engineers getting our Avionics industry up with just 1 billion dollars - freedom form this problem of avionics every next year... just order the radars basic, get the software engineers to start developing code to translate the radar signals into visual data and get robotics engineers involved.
Get the physics exports to start providing formulas and translate complex theories for software engineers so they can code it in. Every thing can be done locally

Every thing is there...

20,000-40,000 engineers can give you the 2-5 million lines of code you need to develop your own suit of avionics for not even 25% of billion dollars

You lack some knowledge great ... hire some workers from UK, US who are out of job get them into such projects

7 Billion purchase - 200 planes , 1 billion put on national avionics industry with Chinese cooperation (hardware LCD pannels , touch screen etc , radars)

Last edited:
Dear All, this is a blessing in disguise. Pakistan was paying 1.6Billion dollars for the RC400 radar and associated avionics. The RC400 radar is a not an AESA radar, but a conventional radar.

All new fighters are beginning to have AESA radars. Moreover, if you pay 1.6Billion, you certainly should get full technology transfer, and if this was the deal breaker it is better in the long run.

Pakistan has no choice but to team up with China to develop an AESA radar and better avionics pakage for Block II. No western country is going to supply cutting edge avionics to Pakistan and give them full transfer of technology, that is the plain truth.

Personally, I am very happy this deal is cancelled. Rember, everyone said the JF-17 would not fly, and here we are planning for Block 2. The PAF is very industrious, and innovative, and they will come up with another solution. Take care.

This was bound to happen, Indian diplomats have been putting the French under a lot of pressure and its obvious nothing big will be given to Pakistan until the MRCA is announced and some other deals are finalized with India. Nothing sinister or evil its just Business my friend.

west is call girl who pay more they sleep with him what a shamefull nations they are.french call themself power but they are wwrost then RANDI today india pay they sleep with him yesterday when pakistan pakistan pay they sleep with us . there religun there power there whole nature is stand on money . will say shame on france what a low level you are.

calm down buddy :agree: they havent steal steal anything from us...
THUNDER made without France help and can go longer without their avionics.
we still have choices,n :china: is with us.

On a lighter note
Lets send em for espionage in France
ofj8k.jpg

What guns are these soilders holding ? any Ideas

Nah we are gonna annouce

100 J10B with Full Avionics with AESA & Awac support
100 J11B with Full Avionics with AESA & Awac support

Annoucement very soon

The thunder is in good shape already looking forward to its 2 squadrons end of year

We already are workin on AWACs with China I am sure we can transfer some knowledge to our head quarters

Please AzadPakistan you talk like Pakistan is buying vegetables not planes. Alteast think once before you post.

Dear All, this is a blessing in disguise. Pakistan was paying 1.6Billion dollars for the RC400 radar and associated avionics. The RC400 radar is a not an AESA radar, but a conventional radar.

All new fighters are beginning to have AESA radars. Moreover, if you pay 1.6Billion, you certainly should get full technology transfer, and if this was the deal breaker it is better in the long run.

Pakistan has no choice but to team up with China to develop an AESA radar and better avionics pakage for Block II. No western country is going to supply cutting edge avionics to Pakistan and give them full transfer of technology, that is the plain truth.

Personally, I am very happy this deal is cancelled. Remember, everyone said the JF-17 would not fly, and here we are planning for Block 2. The PAF is very industrious, and innovative, and they will come up with another solution. Take care.

Sorry, but I could not prevent myself from bursting out laughing.

Remember this thread???

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/47747-french-jf-17-deal-could-anger-india.html

So many of you said that India always cries but everyone ignores it.

That said, if the Rafale fails to win the MRCA competition, then the JF-17 deal could be up again. So, don't worry.

This simple fact is that India’s diplomatic cloud is too heavy for Pakistan to beat. Not only MRCA deal but the Nuclear Deal has pressurized the French to rethink. Potential for Naval sales as well as a huge parts sales market was bound to make the French rethink the comparatively small Pakistan avionics deal. As the article mentioned above states, India wasn’t very happy with the French over this deal and the French cannot afford to disregard the Indian. Its simple and its business.

Hi,
what if French had notified the government of Pakistan of such intentions prior to the US strategic talks, could it be that Pakistani's discussed the avionics of JF-17 with USA. But one thing is obvious Pakistan has pretty weak diplomacy, Pakistan could use that to pressurize french through UAE & RSA who might procure Rafale. or if not why Pakistan care for Arab states.If Pakistan recognizes Israel i am sure things will get a lot easier

Ohh ya now suddenly everything that is French will become useless and the worst equipment there is, its funny to see how sides change so fast.
Please avoid inserting your words in his mouth. No where in his post he declared French equipment useless or worst. At any rate, any equipment is good so long you have access to it, anything beyond access is indeed useless anyway. French are notorious when doing business deals, and while MRCA could be one reason, it may also be a trick to extract more juice from Pakistan either in way of more money, or larger contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom