EW Jamming Pod

ALQ-200K

91e6b25d2e2afdfb3aa02965867241c2._.jpg

Last edited:
really nice pics these are
But if u can provide the pics of firing missiles by JF17 than it would be g8

Air-to-ground

Anti-runway Missile

This seems to be a chinese copy of the French Durandal anti-runway weapon. It may not be called as a missile but it is surely a rocket-powered bomb. It has a delayed-action fuse which initiates the warhead after its penetration into the runway.

Durandal is a french (Matra) weapon but even US used this weapon because it is effective against runways.

ANTI-RADIATION MISSILE TO SUPRESS ENEMY RADARS

here is a nice decent targeting pod "Aselpod" developed by Aselsan which could be a perfect candidate for JF-17 block II...

This seems to be a chinese copy of the French Durandal anti-runway weapon. It may not be called as a missile but it is surely a rocket-powered bomb. It has a delayed-action fuse which initiates the warhead after its penetration into the runway.

Durandal is a french (Matra) weapon but even US used this weapon because it is effective against runways.
Air Weapons Complex manufacture the Durandal under designation HAFR-1 and an improved version HAFR-2.
Hafr-1 and 2 (Pakistan) - Jane's Air-Launched Weapons

Jane's Air Launched Weapons said:
Hafr-1 and 2 (Pakistan), Bombs - Unguided

Type
Penetration bomb.

Development
The Hafr-1 is an anti-runway weapon manufactured and offered for export by the Air Weapons Complex of Pakistan. Development details of the bomb are absent, but the weapon is almost identical in appearance to the French-designed Durandal (now an MBDA product). It is not known if the Hafr is a licensed design or an unauthorised copy. It is available for use on the Pakistan Air Force's F-16, Mirage III, Mirage V and PAC/Chengdu JF-17 Thunder aircraft. The appearance of a second Durandal-type weapon in Chinese service points to a co-operation between Pakistan and China on such a project. The AWC now advertises a version of the weapon called Hafr-2 but it is unclear what differences, if any, there are between this version and Hafr 1. In terms of basic performance the two seem to be identical.

You can see it on AWC's website as well (not working at the moment):
http://www.awc.com.pk/

Anti runway bombs are kind of history cause no way you gonna risk pilots and planes just to attack a high defended airfield. You just get Baburs or Ra'ad's fired some 200-500 km away of the target and destroy the airfield and every bunker you do not like. With less armed opponents ou would even go for BM and I bet everything will be flat if the error is just 50 m.

Even anti radiation will be less used in the fuure. UAV armed with smaller bombs can be pretty deadly to radars. And there is not much evoluation involved if you wanna use Ra'ad or Babur to kill radars. Just the seeker is enough and some hardware changes.

Nice pics Brothers i hope JF-17 will soon be decorated with this jewelery.

I checked some friends and with A5 gone and Mirage gone there is not much chance that others will get Durandal. But... I have heard that PAF sended Durandal to China to be tested on the JF17. So I was a little wrong on that. Anyway. I still would not risk plane and pilot if Ra'ad could do it more efficient and surely more safe...

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom