What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

By the way, who are you?

Please say that you belong to aviation industry, aviation engineer and designer.

Even if you are, you.have no right to speak about PAF Technicians, NCOs, JCOs and Officers working in PAC. As far as I know, PAC manpower consist of highly qualified, experienced people and definitely know about "aerodynamics" and its "significance".
Among them few are Ph Ds.

If these technicians or officers are saying something then please consider as a fact unless you, yourself work on or affiliate with JF-17 and then please do correct my inference.

If someone is talking about LO nose on the Thunder, you can infer with 100% confidence this guy has nothing to do with PAF, or PAC. Because, if that had been the case, I would be facing a court martial or worse. Everything I say is based on logical deduction, and is always open to correction by actual professionals.

But, it is logical that technicians on the assembly line would be kept ignorant of aerodynamic characteristics such as max angle of attack, turn rate, radar capabilities etc. I mean, none of these engineers would be able to compute the stress tensor that acts on the inlet when you hang a fuel tank from the wing, which is also vibrating. None of them would have heard the word tensor even. It is the same with assembly lines the world over. Technicians on the flight line go through courses such as 'Electronic Circuits', 'RF Circuits', 'Joining and Welding'. They cannot write the differential equation for an RLC circuit, or understand the crystalline structure of metals. This is common knowledge.

If the JF-17s fuel tank is also like a bladder then the green coating makes no sense as some claim it to be special sealant.
> Either for identification purposes
> Special primer for better cohesion with specific material, different alloy of aluminum even.
> Different machining or heat treatment/resistance.
( Please don't fight )

View attachment 775831
Components visible in allegedly green fuel carrying area of Bravo....
You can see possible data cables passing through them.
Are you saying that the data cables pass through the fuel tank ?

And supposedly this compartment is then filled with fuel ?
Have to cool those electronics, and by transferring the heat to the fuel before it enters combustion chamber, the RD93 gets better mileage. It's all so scientific and logical, it must be true.

1630951684560.png

1630951726581.png

Your concern about location of fuel storage
Doesn't answer my question, and you haven't provided any source for any claims you've made.
Could you please valid sources for the claims you making, highlighted in bold, especially for the JF-17's "fire proof covers around the cockpit". I would liked to have seen the look on the faces of the Chinese engineers when the folks at PAF/PAC allegedly asked them t install fuel tanks around the cockpit.
First I want to make clear that everything I am stating in my post is based on facts available on net whether these are in the form of visual or verbal.

Fact 1. PAC engineer says behind the green shaded area aircraft fuel is stored. Same narrative was repeated twice by different engineers of PAC on different occasions.

Fact 2. Available pics.

Fact 3. IFR location in both A and B variants.

These three facts motivated me to infer safely that fuel storage cavities do exist behind the green shaded area on the outer side of the cockpit.

Usually aircraft fuel is being stored in the wing and fuselage fuel storage compartments. But now, some modern designs use space available in the horizontal and vertical stabilisers for fuel storage. Use of space available in the outer sides of the cockpit is a unique design and has some serious challenges. One of the design problem which a designer will face while designing such arrangement is to 100% elimination of leakage of fuel and its vapour inside and outside the cockpit.

Whatever I was stating in my post were few possible design solutions.

Have to cool those electronics, and by transferring the heat to the fuel before it enters combustion chamber, the RD93 gets better mileage. It's all so scientific and logical, it must be true.
My bhai... Russians mixing alcohol to achieve better combustion... You are warming the fuel....
Difference in mounting of the Block 3 vs Block 2. ... interesting the plate/slot fits in with the LKF601E AESA radar ( I have been re-educated by men in black suites and glasses) ... the plate fits the KLJ-7A
View attachment 776030

View attachment 776033

View attachment 776035
A comparison sheet would be wonderful or just 2 sentences comparing the capability ( don't mess with MIB )

And only air cooled, not hybrid as you mentioned... Would be able to perform consistently as the klj-7A ?
Fixed array was liquid cooled. They added custom liquid and air cooling solution to cool it down to desired levels. Despite it's size, it's a pretty power hungry radar. Up 1100 arrays require decent cooling.

Why do we still have a removable refueling probe rather than a retractable one it makes no sense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom