What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

i believe CFT will only be considered if we get a good engine, rd 93ma performance will really dictate CFT use.

if F16 wont come and if the engine is good as it is advertised(dry thrust 56++, wet thrust ~93) then CFT will come to JF17
Again engine yet the same engine is carrying the extra fuel with drop tanks

Once @messiach told us that block3 eventually have tail like bravo.

She also told us about the 105+ kn engine replacement.
I think she had meant the airframe will be based on bravo, which is true since its fully FBW in both.

Yes, she did give us some very high hopes regarding engine.

I believe the additional air intake at the base of the vertical stabilizer has to do with a new kind of APU like that on the F35. @SQ8 did a post on this at some point how that would make it a truly Alert 5 fighter.
"Alert 5 fighter"???

... I'm sure the US is going to raise a stink with China on this issue. I actually don't think the Chinese can even export such a system to us, hence AZM may well be a ploy to get the capability without the US being able to cleanly pin it on Beijing.
میرے بی یہی خیالات ہیں

مگر انٹرنیٹ پر اس راز کا کھلے آم تو نہ اعلان کرو بھاہی صاحب​

I am asking a simple question for learned people here based on visual observation

How come there is no difference in nose cone of JF-17 Block 3
1610138274704.png

Now we see as visual sample of AESA Equipped aircraft
1610138379094.png

1610138509695.png

why do i feel that Block 3 prototype is not flying with AESA its flying with regular KLJ7 radar?

may be AESA will come when RD93MA will come? valid question?

I am asking a simple question for learned people here based on visual observation

View attachment 704923
View attachment 704925
View attachment 704927

why do i feel that Block 3 prototype is not flying with AESA its flying with regular KLJ7 radar?

Without AESA this aircraft is pretty much block 2

It is wrong to call it block 3 then

I think they have decoupled the avionces and engine with the airframe. we know that RD93MA will be ready by 2022-23 ..correct and KLJ7A AESA version needs to be tweaked...so they are producing the airframes so they can be updated later.

AESA equipped aircraft requirement will be filled by J10C

View attachment 704923
View attachment 704925
View attachment 704927

The canted noses of the J-10C and and J-11D indicate that they are using an AESA either on a swash plate or at a slant angle to reduce frontal aspect RCS, as well as increase field of view. There is no such requirement for the Block III JF-17.

View attachment 704923
View attachment 704925
View attachment 704927

Since when do AESA equipped aircraft need canted nose cones? Check out F-16V, F-15E, and J-16.

The canted noses of the J-10C and and J-11D indicate that they are using an AESA either on a swash plate or at a slant angle to reduce frontal aspect RCS, as well as increase field of view. There is no such requirement for the Block III JF-17.
So PAF has not opted for this version of KLJ-7A with 3 x arrays and 300*FOV
1610140024816.png

They have chosen this version
1610140621396.png

1610140679774.png

Correct?

You are right, I don't see much change between blk 2 & blk 3 if that is blk 3 as assumed.Except EHUD & MAWS, all other changes are not really changes or upgrades.They are just placed on different spots.There is no AESA radar mounted yet, atleast in this picture so this picture is complete disappointment.After a long wait of one year, all they managed to do was put a different nose & remove the serial.
OR
This picture is almost one year old to keep our indian friends wandering.They might want to play ping pong with enemy's brain.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom