What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Sir what do you think about 15 to 20 percent increase in thrust and reduced weight due to additional composites how will it effect the performance of block 3?
we still dont know about rd93ma,
if it does come this will be game changer for block 3 in term of endurance and payload, jf17 baseline weight will more or less be the same, the reason why i think CFTs will probably be added if rd93ma comes is because the aircraft has not been increased in size for the increase in engine thrust

that extra thrust means better payload this is where CFTs may work

Some observations..

* HUD looks different in both (bracket thickness is different)
* Air data probes moved under the nose
* Attachment for auxiliary payload, not a hardpoint
* EW antennas look different compared to the ones fitted in previous blocks
* Inner wing flap (grey color) looks like it was borrowed from blk 2B's wings

Some observations..

* HUD looks different in both (bracket thickness is different)
* Air data probes moved under the nose
* Attachment for auxiliary payload, not a hardpoint
* EW antennas look different compared to the ones fitted in previous blocks
* Inner wing flap (grey color) looks like it was borrowed from blk 2B's wings
Sir any news regarding HMD or PL10E ?

Thank yku for the reality check. People here think that things can be changed so easily. Secondly our partner will also want his pound of flesh/create obstructions/want us not to proceed beyond a limit where its own fighters look "not so good".
Lastly where is tbe money going to come from?
@Deino. Respectfully I agree with @Trango Towers. CFTs have been in the plans for JFT and if madam@messiach is to be believed have been in the works. We have had CFT like additions to F6s so why cant we do them to JFT? as@Trango towers mentioned if we can hang them on hardpoints why can we not have them on top of the wings? Whether they are seen in block 3 or later blocks remains to be seen. However to date I have not seen CFTs on any chinese platform so this might be a hindering factor.
The jury is very much out.
Regards

Thank you both for your posts and corrections ... but let add another question: Where would they most likely fit?

Ok ... that gives this claim a truly different meaning.
You know, commonly I'm always quite sceptical against any such claims like Italian engine and so on, but by this source it has indeed a different weight.

PS.

JF-17 Block 3 vs. 2.jpg

but let add another question: Where would they most likely fit?
My guess is they will have to go on the fuselage, not the wings. Like the Typhoon. But please ask someone with better knowledge of fluid mechanics. I cannot say how they would interfere with the air inlets.

Typhoon-CFT-Al-Ain.jpg

1610106397515.png

Thank you both for your posts and corrections ... but let add another question: Where would they most likely fit?

Ok ... that gives this claim a truly different meaning.
You know, commonly I'm always quite sceptical against any such claims like Italian engine and so on, but by this source it has indeed a different weight.

PS.

View attachment 704731
You are comparing two different sides of the jet unless it is not mirrored. The pitot tubes are present on the same position on the earlier released photos. What you highlighted must be something else, either extra probes, pitot tubes or some antenna.

1610106389330.png

May be for retractable Air refuellable probe sir, just my to cent:angel:

We will have a fixed probe like previous blocks and that's the done deal my friend.
You are comparing two different sides of the jet unless it is not mirrored. The pitot tubes are present on the same position on the earlier released photos. What you highlighted must be something else, either extra probes, pitot tubes or some antenna.

View attachment 704751

for comparison only... the same is no more there..

1610107249858.png

The same tube being there in all jets before...
1610107315000.png

So one can safely assume that in last flight, Half of the nose cone (Right side) of Block-III is unoccupied externally. I used the world externally so that we can still have a room of correction given the size of AESA which could have forced such replacement of tubes in Block-III. If first flight was tested with AESA onboard, we can only assume of some other reasons for replacement of tubes in 2nd Block-III flight.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom