What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Not with S400s across the border, it won't even go across the border.
PAF wont be disbanded because IAF has s400?
They cannot put all s400 systems on their western borders. They have huge Arabian sea and Indian Ocean coasts.
Not an expert in AD or IADS...
But systems like S400 are not a boon.
PAF would have developed tactics...SOW, UAV, humint. S400 are mobile but once first launcher is fired they could be located.
They are a bigger threat for tanker and aew&c fleet rather fighter AC.

Aren't some long range BVR are being developed with IR seeker for terminal stage. But I am a dummy so dont grill me further :)
If i am not wrong using IR at longer ranges is not useful and has never been used except MICA-IR having range of 60 km, but may be a system with IR as extra mode of Guidence is being developed.
But as i know in both type of missiles ARH & IR seeker head is located in nose cone,so may be a new way to use them in tandem is being developed.
Stand alone long range IR BVR makes no sense.

http://armiya.az/ru/news/154872?fbc...fTzXgxB0lPlifYJGDbJqhk#.Xiclq6yP5mA.messenger

This year, we all expect the start of deliveries to Azerbaijan of the most advanced version of the JF-17 fighter - Block III, which has an excellent AESA radar system with an active phased array antenna. This radar is KLJ-7A manufactured by the Research Institute of China Electronics Technology Group Corporation (CETGC). The CETGC claims that the KLJ-7A has similar characteristics to the radar used in the fifth-generation F-35 American fighter. In particular, with the help of the new radar, the JF-17 will be able to detect targets at a distance of up to 170 km and will have a combat advantage over the basic versions of F-16 C / D and F-15 C / D fighters (not equipped with radars with AFAR).

S400s pose a potent threat to our aircraft and unless we have some ECMs I doubt we will fly into their range.
Without appropriate ECM I would say so. S400 is quite a weapons system which even the US and Israel respect and something PAF should take extremely seriously

Without appropriate ECM I would say so. S400 is quite a weapons system which even the US and Israel respect and something PAF should take extremely seriously

PAF is working on Advance SOW's .. I think they understand the importance of S-400 and what it brings to the table , but given that they Terrain , specially in the Northern sectors it won't be hard to find blind spots in the mountain ranges . Pakistan has a significant Spy network in India to location and target those SAM batteries .

So S400 means that its complete denial of airspace?

Hi,

Not really---. If the opponent has MRL's---the S400 will be installed beyond the reach of the MRL's on the border---. Then to top it off---we have standoff weapons---then ALCM's--and other weapons---.

So---no---there no complete denial of air space---.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom