What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

You really think either Pakistan or india would gain any additional knowledge that they don’t already know from a magazine interview.

No, it is a political issue, once one parades a weapon or even admit having it, it increases the pressure on others to counter it, keyboard warriors keep writing about it, public with limited knowledge start getting anxious (think of time when Pakistan did not had BVR), politicians are more willing to fund it, etc etc.

Another example is Israel declares it self nuclear state today, it will ease off pressure from Iran.

No, it is a political issue, once one parades a weapon or even admit having it, it increases the pressure on others to counter it, keyboard warriors keep writing about it, public with limited knowledge start getting anxious (think of time when Pakistan did not had BVR), politicians are more willing to fund it, etc etc.

Another example is Israel declares it self nuclear state today, it will ease off pressure from Iran.

That is a good explanation.

Already tagged a number of people on my Multimedia Topic, but for those of you who never visit that section...

Huh, I was under the impression the Thunder had a side stick but from the videos it’s center stick. :(

Why do you all think CAS did not give any definitive answer to Alan Warnes regarding PL-15? Any guesses?

I already know the answer. It would be interesting to know your thoughts.

Hi,

I think the Paf has given out too much information about the aircraft---its systems and abilities. They should have left it to the reviewers to review and assess it and kept mum about the rest---.

Last edited:
Abandon? I thought PL 21 would be its successor. @LKJ86 @Deino
Yes, Abandon or at least suspended in favor conventional (rocket powered) PL-15, PL-21 was the old project started before PL-15 project, in 2012 it was tested from ground launcher, after that news no one knows what happened to PL-21 project, is this project closed or temporally suspended

China abandon PL-21 project which is RAMJET powered similar to Meteor in favor of PL-15 which is dual pulse rocket powered BVR similar to AIM-120D
Are you sure AIM-120D is dual pulse rocket powered BVR AAM?

Are you sure AIM-120D is dual pulse rocket powered BVR AAM?
yes i am pretty sure that AIM-120D is dual pulse rocket powered BVR AAM just like AIM-154 which is also dual pulse rocket powered BVR, never heard any version of AIM-120 that's uses Ramjet as a propulsion, their some proposals of Ramjet engines equipped AMRAAM by US companies during the competition to arm EUROCANARDS i talking as for whole EU fighter jets (FOR EF-2000/RAFALE/Gripen) but now one know what happen to these Projects were theses Ramjet equipped AMRAAM further develop and inducted by USAF nobody knows

yes i am pretty sure that AIM-120D is dual pulse rocket powered BVR AAM just like AIM-154 which is also dual pulse rocket powered BVR, never heard any version of AIM-120 that's uses Ramjet as a propulsion, their some proposals of Ramjet engines equipped AMRAAM by US companies during the competition to arm EUROCANARDS i talking as for whole EU fighter jets (FOR EF-2000/RAFALE/Gripen) but now one know what happen to these Projects were theses Ramjet equipped AMRAAM further develop and inducted by USAF nobody knows
I think PL-15 and AIM-120D both are too expensive to be spend on mig-21s......

No brother, just my guess according to Wikipedia article for AIM-120 there is no reference that AIM-120D hasn't a Ramjet engine on it
Obviously, AIM-120D hasn't a Ramjet engine, but has the same one as that of AIM-120C7...

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom