What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Obviously, AIM-120D hasn't a Ramjet engine, but has the same one as that of AIM-120C7...
Many Chinese military fans were shocked, and found that they had overestimated the range of AIM-120D...
a1c0d735ly1g9d1nn9c88j20g40g4q45.jpg

Last edited:
I thinks AIM-120D and AIM-120C7 are the same missiles with alternate names
AIM-120D for AIM-120C8

here about from Wikipedia source with no reference of AIM-120C7 only AIM-120D is quoted quoted in that article
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIM-120_AMRAAM#Air-to-air_missile_versions
The AIM-120D is an upgraded version of the AMRAAM with improvements in almost all areas, including 50% greater range (than the already-extended range AIM-120C-7) and better guidance over its entire flight envelope yielding an improved kill probability (Pk). Raytheon began testing the D model on August 5, 2008, the company reported that an AIM-120D launched from an F/A-18F Super Hornet passed within lethal distance of a QF-4 target drone at the White Sands Missile Range.[19] The range of the AIM-120D is classified, but is thought to extend to about 100 miles (160 km).[6]

The AIM-120D (P3I Phase 4, formerly known as AIM-120C-8) is a development of the AIM-120C with a two-way data link, more accurate navigation using a GPS-enhanced IMU, an expanded no-escape envelope, and improved HOBS (high off-boresight) capability. The AIM-120D max speed is Mach 4[7] and AIM-120D is a joint USAF/USN project, and is currently in the testing phase. The USN was scheduled to field it from 2014, and AIM-120D will be carried by all Pacific carrier groups by 2020, although the 2013 sequestration cuts could push back this later date to 2022.[20] The Royal Australian Air Force requested 450 AIM-120D missiles, which would make it the first foreign operator of the missile. The procurement, approved by the US Government in April 2016, will cost $1.1 billion and will be integrated for use on the F/A-18F Super Hornet, EA-18G Growler and the F-35 Lightning II aircraft.[21]
1.JPG

Well let's assess the chances of Russians restricting RD engines to China? It is one-in-a-few billion chance. So in other words, there is no problem. Also, local Chinese WS engines means there alternate engine soon. Also, as per some previous reports, which I don't have links to, PAF has like about a hundred RD-engines as stock.

Well let's assess the chances of Russians restricting RD engines to China? It is one-in-a-few billion chance. So in other words, there is no problem. Also, local Chinese WS engines means there alternate engine soon. Also, as per some previous reports, which I don't have links to, PAF has like about a hundred RD-engines as stock.

He is talking about 3rd party export not pakistan ..

May b Russians may object to export to azerbaijan for instance

Russian objects will come if the country is at odds with Russia or more likely, if they view it as part of their backyard/sphere of influence (CAS nations for example).

Back
Top Bottom