What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Indeed initial flight on Sunday. Too many reliable people saying and these guys have not proven to be wrong before. Regular flight test of prototype will continue until all tests concluded and production begins. Some people were suggesting 2021 production maybe 2022 which seems normal if prototype just come out for initial flight.

Interesting Eva Zheng has given details of radar. Seems like all the important decisions are already made and just testing now. No details given about helmet display and PL-15 or number of hardpoint and any size change.

Since they want to keep the look and other details secret for now, if anyone here wants information, we will have to get from insider who you know and family or friends working on it. Only chance for leakage.

Indeed initial flight on Sunday. Too many reliable people saying and these guys have not proven to be wrong before. Regular flight test of prototype will continue.
did we have the same procedure for block II?

did we have the same procedure for block II?

No I don't think secrecy was same level and we saw some slow modifications. Block II was much less change from block I both for inside and outside. Just refueling and some electronic upgrades maybe. I think block III have more deeper changes but perhaps also outside looks different otherwise they won't care so much about not letting anyone see yet.

You know definitely is something to do with Pakistan and India relations now and India dealings with France, Russia, maybe even USA. So maybe Pakistan decide and ask for extra secrecy otherwise all these Chinese people who watch will leak. Even though they already leak the information it has done initial flight.

No I don't think secrecy was same level and we saw some slow modifications. Block II was much less change from block I both for inside and outside. Just refueling and some electronic upgrades maybe. I think block III have more deeper changes but perhaps also outside looks different otherwise they won't care so much about not letting anyone see yet.

You know definitely is something to do with Pakistan and India relations now and India dealings with France, Russia, maybe even USA. So maybe Pakistan decide and ask for extra secrecy otherwise all these Chinese people who watch will leak. Even though they already leak the information it has done initial flight.
may be they don't want to announce changes unless they have tested everything

I think they don't want India to use this for recent events. It may give India reasons to do certain things or use as political tool to bargain with other countries or their citizens and use as some propaganda. I don't know. It seems at the moment that tension are high and the less tool and information you give it's better for Pakistan.

Also for negotiations with their defense department for more Rafale or decision to upgrade Su-30MKI. What to do with Tejas and all this.

There is no benefit for Pakistan to reveal what block III has and any high level details that India doesn't know yet.

Indeed initial flight on Sunday. Too many reliable people saying and these guys have not proven to be wrong before. Regular flight test of prototype will continue until all tests concluded and production begins. Some people were suggesting 2021 production maybe 2022 which seems normal if prototype just come out for initial flight.

Interesting Eva Zheng has given details of radar. Seems like all the important decisions are already made and just testing now. No details given about helmet display and PL-15 or number of hardpoint and any size change.

Since they want to keep the look and other details secret for now, if anyone here wants information, we will have to get from insider who you know and family or friends working on it. Only chance for leakage.
Why do you want to encourage leakage?

Why do you want to encourage leakage?

I never encourage. I said if we want more information or if we get any more information it will definitely come from leakage and from people we know who work there or know from seeing it. That's not encouraging. These information will not be official at all and I think like China the official information will come after production.

I guess Pakistan air chief said that Block III induction will start from march/2020. Given this one can guess there is not much outer structural changes, may be hard points addition or strengthen frame/composites and avionics. Rest seems pretty much same.

I don't think this 2021/2022 induction time line is correct, hence no major outer/structural changes.

I never encourage. I said if we want more information or if we get any more information it will definitely come from leakage and from people we know who work there or know from seeing it. That's not encouraging. These information will not be official at all and I think like China the official information will come after production.
I think there is a reason PAF just gets on with the job where as our adversaries need to beat the dhol. Empty vessels make the most noise.

If official word for induction is in 2020, then I think from first prototype to induction one year is so little time. Must not be a lot of changes. Maybe the only important change from block II is AESA integrated and new weapons with some upgrade networking technology and computers. But already this is quite a lot of improvement. AESA radar is most important. Nowadays if fighter doesn't use AESA and more modern weapons, they will lose. Doesn't matter if it's four Su-30MKI with R-77 against single JF-17 with AESA and PL-15. Jf-17 with AESA and PL-15 will spot from longer range and shoot before.

Promotional video of KLJ-7A AESA radar for Block III 170Km range

This is not klj-7a but it’s competition lkf-601E

Lastly is jf-17b being produce on 2020 has all the capability of block 3 ?

Will already produced dual seater in 2019 Wil eventually have all feature of block 3 mainly radar ?

If so than 2020 is induction date for block3

Then please enjoy your trip ... I briefly had the faint hope if you would be in Frankfurt, since I live "just around the corner". :-)

Best,
Deino
Bro i live not far away either, near Mannheim to be exact, lets meet up for a coffee! :-)

Back
Top Bottom