What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

in next 5 year JF-17 Block 4 will be around the corner or atleast in design phase InshaAllah

Last edited:
maybe this question has been asked before but since i have been away for some time so please pardon me, do we have any wild weasel role squadron? do we have some sort of HARM of our own?

in next 5 year JF-17 Block 4 will be around the corner or atleast in design phase InshaAllah
But JF-17 Block 4 is not equalent to J-10c or J-31 in any way. Best option to combat Rafale is J-10C and J-31

But JF-17 Block 4 is not equalent to J-10c or J-31 in any way. Best option to combat Rafale is J-10C and J-31

To counter Rafale, JF-17 block 3 needs to be slightly lighter in weight, best radar, weapons/long range AAM and best EW suite.
Block 4 can be Dual engine fighter based on Jf-17.

Has a JF-17B3 with a Eurojet EJ200 or General Electric F414 engine every been considered for development? It would make it more appealing KSA, Malayasia or other potential export buyers.

Pakistan should stick with the RD33MK or WS13. The USA and EU are unreliable suppliers. Pakistan is better off selling its F-16 fleet and using the money to buy more JF-17B3 or develop Project AZM. IAF will have 500 modern aircraft in the future. PAF needs a core of at least 250-350 JF-17 with 100-150 larger more advanced aircraft...SU35 or J-31.

maybe this question has been asked before but since i have been away for some time so please pardon me, do we have any wild weasel role squadron? do we have some sort of HARM of our own?
Yes MAR1 and LD10 that I can think of the top of my head

To counter Rafale, JF-17 block 3 needs to be slightly lighter in weight, best radar, weapons/long range AAM and best EW suite.
Has a JF-17B3 with a Eurojet EJ200 or General Electric F414 engine every been considered for development? It would make it more appealing KSA, Malayasia or other potential export buyers.

Pakistan should stick with the RD33MK or WS13. The USA and EU are unreliable suppliers. Pakistan is better off selling its F-16 fleet and using the money to buy more JF-17B3 or develop Project AZM. IAF will have 500 modern aircraft in the future. PAF needs a core of at least 250-350 JF-17 with 100-150 larger more advanced aircraft...SU35 or J-31.

We need aircrafts in all 3 categories, light, medium and heavy.
JF-17 is a light weight and it will replace remaining F-7s and Mirage III/V.
F-16s are medium size aircraft, we need addition F-16s or customized J-10/J-16 while working on JF-17 block 3.
J-20 is heavy size 5th generation fighter jet. We either need to get J-20 of fighter based on J-20 technology.

We need aircrafts in all 3 categories, light, medium and heavy.
JF-17 is a light weight and it will replace remaining F-7s and Mirage III/V.
F-16s are medium size aircraft, we need addition F-16s or customized J-10/J-16 while working on JF-17 block 3.
J-20 is heavy size 5th generation fighter jet. We either need to get J-20 of fighter based on J-20 technology.
The best option in my opinion is to replace Mirages with a mixture of JF17s and J20s and build AZM around WS15.

The best option in my opinion is to replace Mirages with a mixture of JF17s and J20s and build AZM around WS15.

One or two more Squadrons of JF-17 block 2 will be operational before we see Block 3 in production.

Also, Azerbaijan and Malaysia may order block 2 or block3.

As for as block 3 is concerned, We haven’t even seen the mock-up. Once 1st prototype is build, it will go through extensive testing. If the testing is all good then it will go into limited production, if something missing, we might see 2nd and 3rd prototype before it goes into limited production. JF-17 block 3 won’t go into serial production until 2022.
Projecy AZM is about good 5 to 8 years away. It’s still in initial stages of design phase, it will take another 5 years to finanlize the design, building the mock-up, building the prototype, testing and production. We are looking at 2026 to 2028 for serial production.

Last edited:
The F-16 fleet is an issue, I would not trust the USA for spares or upgrades. We need an indigenous upgrade program for the older F-16 similar to the Mirage ROSE. F-16 air frame did not use any exotic materials or structures so PAC may even be able to rebuild or clone the F-16 airframe incorporating avionics from JF-17 B3 and powered by a Saturn AL-31 or Chinese equivalent engine if required.

J-20 is off the table, I doubt China will export it. Plus its tooooo big for PAF needs. J-31 is smaller and exportable.

Depending on economic scenarios, which I am confident will swing upwards. PAF needs 250-350 JF-17 with 100-150 F-16 as is/upgraded/cloned. Project AZM in development with the an eye on the J-31.

Last edited:
The F-16 fleet is an issue, I would not trust the USA for spares or upgrades. We need an indigenous upgrade program for the older F-16 similar to the Mirage ROSE. F-16 air frame did not use any exotic materials or structures so PAC may even be able to rebuild or clone the F-16 airframe incorporating avionics from JF-17 B3 and powered by a Saturn AL-31 or Chinese equivalent engine.

J-20 is off the table, I doubt China will export it. Plus its tooooo big for PAF needs. J-31 is smaller and exportable.

Depending on economic scenarios, which I am confident will swing upwards. PAF needs 250-350 JF-17 with 100-150 F-16 As is/upgraded/cloned. Project AZM in development with the an eye on the J-31.

We can neither clone nor upgrade F-16s without American approval. Any misadventure and America will stop the spare and support for F-16s. We can ask China to help us build a medium weight fighter jet based on J-10C technology.

Block 4 can be Dual engine fighter based on Jf-17.

Bhai twin engine k liay to dynamics air frame sub kuch new banana perey ga , whole lot like new frame new engines to usko JF 17 ka naam q dyn.

We can neither clone nor upgrade F-16s without American approval. Any misadventure and America will stop the spare and support for F-16s. We can ask China to help us build a medium weight fighter jet based on J-10C technology.
The F-16 fleet is an issue, I would not trust the USA for spares or upgrades. We need an indigenous upgrade program for the older F-16 similar to the Mirage ROSE. F-16 air frame did not use any exotic materials or structures so PAC may even be able to rebuild or clone the F-16 airframe incorporating avionics from JF-17 B3 and powered by a Saturn AL-31 or Chinese equivalent engine if required.

J-20 is off the table, I doubt China will not export it. Plus its tooooo big for PAF needs. J-31 is smaller and exportable.

Depending on economic scenarios, which I am confident will swing upwards. PAF needs 250-350 JF-17 with 100-150 F-16 as is/upgraded/cloned. Project AZM in development with the an eye on the J-31.

Bro until 4+ Gen is fine , But path from 5 & 6 Gen is totally different ball game.
When it comes to superior grade systems of fastest performance / processing of computers within.
Project AZM will consist of 10 Billion USD over 10 - 12 years of time.

J-10c not good to counter Rafale , i think we should stick with Block III thunder.
Or Look Forward for J31 Twin Engine Air Sup Jet. Which PAF is reluctant due to maintenance costs.

Bhai twin engine k liay to dynamics air frame sub kuch new banana perey ga , whole lot like new frame new engines to usko JF 17 ka naam q dyn.

Bro until 4+ Gen is fine , But path from 5 & 6 Gen is totally different ball game.
When it comes to superior grade systems of fastest performance / processing of computers within.
Project AZM will consist of 10 Billion USD over 10 - 12 years of time.

J-10c not good to counter Rafale , i think we should stick with Block III thunder.
Or Look Forward for J31 Twin Engine Air Sup Jet. Which PAF is reluctant due to maintenance costs.

J-10CE can be upgraded with Turkish ASELSAN EW self-protection suite (SPEWS-II), KLJ-7A ASEA Radar or better, Electro-optical targeting system (EOTS), long range AAM to match the performance of Rafale.

I really don't understand all that unrealistic hype and downrating the J-10C :hitwall::crazy:... The current J-10C with its integrated EW-system, AESA radar and weapon options is far more capable than any JF-17 will ever be.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom