What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Its like almost they are making a new aircraft
I mean the work is going on since 2016

An option as may not need to go through Congress but you are missing the point
White house is even more hostile than ever hostile Congress
White House can be tamed through money if we have money.

White House can be tamed through money if we have money.
We dont have money..secondly better to buy weapons from less restrictive source

There is no attraction in American weapons at regular prices..why do you think PAF walked away from f16 deal

Almost no country apart from arabs buy them at regular prices

According to Alan Warns Air Cmdr Rashid Habib while speaking on JF-17 Thunder program said that JF-17 BLK 3 would be oprational by 2021. the production would commence by the end of next year. By then the decision on radar will be made

To be more precise, two Blk3 Jf17, can be termed as Jf17C, will roll out of PAC production line by Dec 2020. Onwards, we will be producing Blk3 and after achieving requisite target will move to Blk4!

We dont have money..secondly better to buy weapons from less restrictive source

There is no attraction in American weapons at regular prices..why do you think PAF walked away from f16 deal

Almost no country apart from arabs buy them at regular prices
True

Si
To be more precise, two Blk3 Jf17, can be termed as Jf17C, will roll out of PAC production line by Dec 2020. Onwards, we will be producing Blk3 and after achieving requisite target will move to Blk4!
Sir do we have plan for blk 4? Any idea about it

Such Long time for block 3 development .......... Too bad if it comes out just block 3 and not as NG :undecided::help:

If production is to commence in late 2019, then prototype & first flight would have to be in early-mid 2019 at the very latest, which is in accordance with what @Dazzler has stated in recent weeks.

This will provide the PAF with its first AESA-equipped fighter platform and also a competitor to the Gripen-E in the export market if prices can be kept in check. Impressive milestones by any standards.

I invite You to show one possible customer interested in Gripen,
which also has announced interest in the JF-17.

JF-17 Block III hasn't even been offered yet, so any comparisons at this stage is a moot point.

Gripen was marketed to Brazil and Switzerland way before the first flight.
JF-17 may be a solution for Pakistan, but in many countries it will fail,
simply because it is incompatible with either this or that.

lol so is this the "the next gen fighter" PAF going to talk about or introduce …… and people thought J-10 , J-31 AZAM and what not...…….

lol...…… 2 more years …… already 2 decades late ……. 12 years old and still without promised eqm , avionics , ew suits ///// I thought "they" said it is our F-16...…..
I know I am sounding harsh but reality is …… JF-17 is a light fighter , originally planed to replace 100s of A5 + F-6 and F7s...…. with affordability and better tech...…. and we achieved that...….
Rest time is here we have move on , we need proper Medium fighter with proper airframe , a dam airframe in which we can put 30 to 40 million $$ worth of eqm ...………. stop listing to ACMssssssss I had enough of bulsh!t...…..
Let me be very clear again ……. JF-17is blessing for Pakistan ……. Light but very advance bird , but there are some limitation here ……. now we need medium fighter ,,,,,,, options are build or buy J-10 or even work with France …… @MastanKhan

Last edited:
Theybare taking their time but......I want blk 3 ar rafale level.......

I invite You to show one possible customer interested in Gripen,
which also has announced interest in the JF-17.

Hi,

Saab has a great reputation for a quality product over the last many decades---and that cannot be taken away from it.

So for Paf to market the JF17 and gain interest in such a short time---is realistically and technically not possible---when even the Paf's BLK2 is not fully integrated with all the available weapons as yet---and now that it is getting an aesa radar---the provable integration & utility has been pushed farther down the road.

So---once it gets over that hump---things will look much better for the JF17---.

Here is the bottom line---the JF17 is here to stay---it is just a matter of time before interested parties would start knocking at the doors---.

Hi,

Saab has a great reputation for a quality product over the last many decades---and that cannot be taken away from it.

So for Paf to market the JF17 and gain interest in such a short time---is realistically and technically not possible---when even the Paf's BLK2 is not fully integrated with all the available weapons as yet---and now that it is getting an aesa radar---the provable integration & utility has been pushed farther down the road.

So---once it gets over that hump---things will look much better for the JF17---.

Here is the bottom line---the JF17 is here to stay---it is just a matter of time before interested parties would start knocking at the doors---.
The main issue of JF-17 is its engine......but we love .......the some of out of it........

RD-33 smoke gives us mental peace :drag:

lol so is this the "the next gen fighter" PAF going to talk about or introduce …… and people thought J-10 , J-31 AZAM and what not...…….

lol...…… 2 more years …… already 2 decades late ……. 12 years old and still without promised eqm , avionics , ew suits ///// I thought "they" said it is our F-16...…..
I know I am sounding harsh but reality is …… JF-17 is a light fighter , originally planed to replace 100s of A5 + F-6 and F7s...…. with affordability and better tech...…. and we achieved that...….
Rest time is here we have move on , we need proper Medium fighter with proper airframe , a dam airframe in which we can put 30 to 40 million $$ worth of eqm ...………. stop listing to ACMssssssss I had enough of bulsh!t...…..
Let me be very clear again ……. JF-17is blessing for Pakistan ……. Light but very advance bird , but there are some limitation here ……. now we need medium fighter ,,,,,,, options are build or buy J-10 or even work with France …… @MastanKhan
lol...

We lost our track
:partay:

Back
Top Bottom