What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Is it regular for pilots to be deputed to other countries rouitinely? I know one, who is currently in russia for 1 year

india will get 36 rafales and by the end of 2022, we may have 40+ block3.
maybe we will upgrade block 2 to make it block 2.5.

As witnessed during Zhuhai Airshow, seems like we do have option of LKF601E (AESA) Radar for existing JF-17 Block II fleet which can cover the gap of possible Rafale threat till 2021. India will start receiving deliveries expected by 2019 & onward.

JF-17 Block-III prototype could be expected by the end of 2019 means, lot of things will be finalized till then especially AESA Radar. 2021 seems serial production after all the testing etc.

Seems like Zardari rule is back in Pakistan.

If production is to commence in late 2019, then prototype & first flight would have to be in early-mid 2019 at the very latest, which is in accordance with what @Dazzler has stated in recent weeks.

This will provide the PAF with its first AESA-equipped fighter platform and also a competitor to the Gripen-E in the export market if prices can be kept in check. Impressive milestones by any standards.

lo g further delay....ye to waqai teja banta ja raha ha! 2021 is too late and i feel even that promise may get delayed further.
Its like almost they are making a new aircraft
I mean the work is going on since 2016

And then we will get Viper upgrade henaa ?
bhai i have a strong feeling that F-Shola is coming from Jordan ..
An option as may not need to go through Congress but you are missing the point
White house is even more hostile than ever hostile Congress

Back
Top Bottom