What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

if JF17 Block III is configured for maritime strike I think UK may object

the fact that Block II was sold to 2 foreign countries it means Block III has a good future

with Malaysia + Argentina and come to 24 units

if Iraq deal is true we could see 36 x JF17 Block III exported

this doesn't include Azerbaijan a long time watcher of JF17 programme and Zambia who also visited China last month

so order books looks good even before JF17 Block III is even inducted into the PAF itself

all these rumours are good its gives the JF17 good visibility

Neither Argentina, Iraq or Malaysia are. Not until a deal is signed. People here just love celebrating prematurely. As I’m sure you’re aware.

As you know me, I am ... but Argentina at least allocated some funding - which itself is a hint of will but not a given budget - whereas both Malaysia's and Iraq's intention is at best still a rumour? Or am I wrong?

As you know me, I am ... but Argentina at least allocated some funding - which itself is a hint of will but not a given budget - whereas both Malaysia's and Iraq's intention is at best still a rumour? Or am I wrong?
Malaysia at least has a tender out for aircraft and has confirmed JF-17 is an option, however so is the FA-50 and the Tejas among a couple of others, and so far they’ve given absolutely no indication as to which one they prefer, I assume the most obvious choice for them is FA50 Block 20 but we will only know for sure once the tender results are revealed.

Iraq has shown interest in the JF-17 several times in the past in their visits to PAC, especially when they bought Super Mushak trainers, but apart from this interest, they’ve not made any statements nor have there been any rumors out of sales for it from Iraq itself, only these recent news reports from Pakistan, which I don’t think have much backing to them.

That being said, I believe all three sales have a good chance of happening, Argentina and Iraq more so than malaysia, I just want there to be actual official confirmation before I celebrate anything.

Range of PL-15E is 145Km, without AESA seeker
A38D147B-370C-4F69-A00C-84C504DC68CA.jpeg

Last edited:
Bro can you clarify, what do you mean by “without AESA seeker”?
I have read in many articles that PL-15 will be equipped with an active electronically scanned array radar

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom