What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

This has been known since the wing reinforcements in block 2, it’s just that PAF never uses the configuration, this is the first photo of it (it is a JF, can tell by the wings).
It may be because of TWR/drag reasons, it can surely carry and fly with them just fine, but on a light aircraft with a single engine it can reduce the aircraft’s performance to a point where they are not comfortable with it.
And the JF-17 really doesn’t need to carry more than 2 BVRs in most cases. I suppose if really needed such a configuration can be used and we may see it more often once JF hopefully gets a new engine.
If any 29feb proved the more the better
PAF shoot several BVRs (if the other side of story is heard)

It could also be due to aero dynamic issues such as unsafe weapon separation / release.
A POD wouldn't be an issue because its not going anywhere.

well, pods would be jettisoned if need be. It’s likely a lack of the needed wiring to be able to support certain weapons.
If any 29feb proved the more the better
PAF shoot several BVRs (if the other side of story is heard)

well yeah, no missile has a 100% pK, you shoot multiple to maximise your chances of a hit. After all, 2 million in missiles is cheaper than 50 million in a plane

I Wrote "Probably" and RR won't TOT anything if the sale goes through to Argentina.

So your advocacy for RR died here - RIP.
Pakistan developed JF-17 with the cooperation of China for a string fee platform. If 'Great' which are not so great Brits could sell arms and ammunition to India. Pakistan is also as sovereign as GB and has to stand against such dual standards/hypocrisy.

Screenshot_20210924-140149.png
From Zhuhai air show 2021

Where did you get this picture from? As far as I know dual racks havent been seen on F-16s so far. Not to mention the number of stations and their positions dont look right, probably a fake picture.
This picture has been present online since January 2018. It was originally posted on a South-Korean forum when they were discussing F-16s weapon capabilities.
If i recall correctly the planes are from Number 11 squadron, Arrows. However it was sent to me by an American friend (he writes a bit for defense related stuff, he told me they were PAF F-16s too).

Last edited:
This picture has been present online since 2018. It was posted by Khafee originally if i recall correctly and the planes are from Number 11 squadron, Arrows. However it was sent to me by an American friend (he writes a bit for defense related stuff, he told me they were PAF F-16s too).
I would take it with a pinch of salt, unlike Pakistani and Chinese programs, every little upgrade like this on a legacy US platform is widely covered in defence publications. Check this comment by a supposedly ANG F-16 pilot from USAF:

"Not in our variant (2007 US ANG Block 50 based on Tape 4.2). We can't even double rack AMRAAMs like the Lot 20 Hornet"

F-16s have a easier time doing this than JF-17sView attachment 779784
Upon further inspection, I agree that this photo is likely fake. It’s origin stems from a South Korean military forum user that edited it. The original is below.
A2E84890-5C7D-4C45-A83A-EF80E7F68F8D.jpeg

I would take it with a pinch of salt, unlike Pakistani and Chinese programs, every little upgrade like this on a legacy US platform is widely covered in defence publications. Check this comment by a supposedly ANG F-16 pilot from USAF:

"Not in our variant (2007 US ANG Block 50 based on Tape 4.2). We can't even double rack AMRAAMs like the Lot 20 Hornet"

You are correct. I should have payed more attention, my friend who sent it to me didn’t realized it was photoshopped either, it was done so by a south-Korean forum user, possibly for a model plane reference.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom