What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

People who are not accepting block to block airframe changes it will settle soon. Perhaps to enhance sustained hard maneuvering without running out of fuel.

Janab all we said was that we can't identify your proposed changes from the pics seen so far. Will be most happy if new pics reveal the changes, in which case, thanks in advance. We will definitely discuss in detail when the pics arrive.

Lamp black with alodine. Shades can vary depending on %age mix & age of compound. Still v toxic - known carcinogen. Mostly identified with fuel tanks. I agree with the rest.

If they do have fuel behind them(which really can be fit into interesting places - then the coating may also be different as well which is why the different color.

Aluminum in aircraft is coated with different chromate compounds which vary from yellow to green. My contention is that green isn’t a hard and fast rule for fuel tanks -

Correction: the color of the primer is a add on color and not necessarily a different compound. So it may very well be used to differentiate between different areas (no step?!)
Interestingly, more modern construction is focusing on polypropylene based primers because these stuff is poisonous.

I found one picture of the Block 2 that is the closest shot to the angle of the block-3 shared, and super imposed it on the blk 3, from that i can say that there is no enlargement of the engine intake or the wings.

Please don't grill me i am no photoshop expert, but this is my personal observation

The original picture is in flight hence the loading, plus the original image is taken from the right of the aircraft so i have done a flip.

1630812826427.png
Thunder blk3 3000.png
Thunder vortices.jpg

This latest picture looks like a disassembled prototype that already had been manufactured else where (most likely in China) and transported to Pakistan for testing. It's not a locally manufactured jet in process of being built otherwise we would see it on the assembly line. This picture is probably from last year

Nope. That's what the fuselage looks after joining all three sections. Next, attachment of main wing, vertical and horizontal tail, landing gear.

This could very well be a Block 1 overhaul with new upgrades to bring it up to date and as close to the current blocks.

This latest picture looks like a disassembled prototype that already had been manufactured else where (most likely in China) and transported to Pakistan for testing. It's not a locally manufactured jet in process of being built otherwise we would see it on the assembly line. This picture is probably from last year

Explained by PAC engineer in the video posted above. Green areas are fuel storage.
Claim: ALL green areas are fuel storage - False
PAC Engineer: "yeh jo green portion hai yeh integral fuel tanks wala area hai" (This green portion here is the integral fuel tank area")
That is the PAC Engineer has NOT claimed that "ALL green areas are fuel storage". He said "THIS green area is fuel storage". Therefore, there might be other green areas that are NOT integral fuel tanks. This is a simple exercise in logical reasoning. Hence my Venn diagram.

Back
Top Bottom