What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Why should the letter C be reserved for a carrier version only? The J-10C is not a carrier variant, the F-16C as the improved single seater is also not a carrier variant.
Judging from the current designations, letters are only changed when there is a major change such as one seater to two seater. What major changes can you make before it becomes a whole new plane? Unless they want to follow the F-16 designations, which there is no evidence of so far.
Tejas style?

View attachment 775241

*just kidding*
False saar, tejas time travel but remain in the same point in space so they move due to the rotation of the earth. The gravitational pull of modiji's 56 inch breasts can be used to adjust its latitude.
How would they get to the motorways
They could be parked in roadside bases or moved from air bases to roads when necessary.

I used to believe it until before 27th February 2019.
I don't anymore, looking at the effective plans and strategies PAF already has in place.
Indians were about to use land based Brahmos strikes (after determining the IAF was incompetent and unreliable), which Pakistan has no way of defending against (without pre-emptive strikes). A few massive Brahmos waves will take out most airfields in Pakistan for at least a day. However, Pakistan knew this and threatened to retaliate with MRBMs and said it was not afraid to go nuclear, so India backed down.

I have an interesting question. What if RD-93 MA isn't ready & that is the reason for an order of 30 Block-III A variants? This could also explain some confusion that was seen recently.
That can be one possible reason and in follow-up order we may see new or improved engine of block 3 (block 3ii)

Last edited:
I have an interesting question. What if RD-93 MA isn't ready & that is the reason for an order of 30 Block-III A variants? This could also explain some confusion that was seen recently.

Quite plausible. Here is another interesting piece of information. Quite unlike the prevailing concept on PDF, the engine manufacturer needs to be intimately involved with the aircraft designer. You simply cannot take a modern engine and plug it into a modern jet fighter and expect it to work.

When a new engine is integrated, the FADEC/DEEC software needs to be gradually updated. The aircraft is slowly taken through its flight envelope, the engine performance is monitored, and parameters are tuned. This process may need to be repeated on various flight altitudes as well. And in extreme cases, some modification may need to be performed on the airframe itself. It's a slow and tedious process, and quite delicate as well because a lot can go wrong.

First locally produced airframe of JF-17 Block 3 in PAC, Kamra.

Note: This photo is a couple of months old.

By Ace of PAF

FB_IMG_1630694452318.jpg

Indians were about to use land based Brahmos strikes (after determining the IAF was incompetent and unreliable), which Pakistan has no way of defending against (without pre-emptive strikes). A few massive Brahmos waves will take out most airfields in Pakistan for at least a day. However, Pakistan knew this and threatened to retaliate with MRBMs and said it was not afraid to go nuclear, so India backed down.
With the 600km range Brahmos, that might be possible, if fired from within 100-200 km from border.
In a war there's nothing certain. Just actions and counteracts.

People who are not accepting block to block airframe changes it will settle soon. Perhaps to enhance sustained hard maneuvering without running out of fuel.

Hazir and I’m refraining from commenting specifically because the same arguments of “nothing getting done” or “wanting a cranked delta version with two EJ-200 JF-17” are back in play.

My input is that there are internal structural changes to allow for the chin hardpoint and along the wing root&spars to let outboard stations handle the stress of regular use of dual rails for MRAAMs along with increased capacity environmental control and electrical power systems for AESA.
In my humble opinion the images aren’t clear enough to conclude any changes in planform as such so it really is akin to a Block-20 to Block-25 change w.r.t F-16 barring the enlargement of the block-25’s tail for the ASPJ - that internal ECM for the block-III seems to have been accommodated in existing available space.

Last edited:
If they do have fuel behind them(which really can be fit into interesting places - then the coating may also be different as well which is why the different color.

Aluminum in aircraft is coated with different chromate compounds which vary from yellow to green. My contention is that green isn’t a hard and fast rule for fuel tanks -

Correction: the color of the primer is a add on color and not necessarily a different compound. So it may very well be used to differentiate between different areas (no step?!)
Interestingly, more modern construction is focusing on polypropylene based primers because these stuff is poisonous.

bhai your presence in this thread will be appreciated :)

This latest picture looks like a disassembled prototype that already had been manufactured else where (most likely in China) and transported to Pakistan for testing. It's not a locally manufactured jet in process of being built otherwise we would see it on the assembly line. This picture is probably from last year

Back
Top Bottom