What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

You are not watching news closely. Pics were released in January 21 of the prototype. Just scroll back few pages and you will find it.
Really? I could not find one complete picture or a video of it? I scarcely found a less than half pic ex chief sitting somewhere named b3.
this was one and only pic circulating for a while

I'd like to know why we haven't see a block III with integrated IRST yet? I believe it was mentioned in the original plans to develop a Block III.

193_219516_916533.jpg

The F-22 oxygen supply system for many years caused life threatening problem, but fighter pilots kept flying. The shock from landing on aircraft carriers due to the arrestor hook can cause spine troubles, but pilots keep flying. The very best professionals don't care about their own self. Flying is a passion that some take to their grave. Not everyone can understand this.
Friend, this is medical research work; Yes, I know the passion for flying... same passion i felt when i went over landmines 2x in my life and once in casspir and once in buffel to realise how great those vehicles were but also that the seats also saved my back from getting damaged too.

We are just noting that there are limits to human body and to study those. Do you not want to be able to track condition of the pilot? Exudates can blind you permanently.

Could something like this be developed for the JF-17?

Hard kill anti missile missile that is queued by MAWS and launched automatically able to counter both SAMs and A2A missiles with HTK guidance via IR or active radar.

It is being developed as a concept for the USAF

View attachment 729431

It’s also a concept advocated by MBDA. I totally agree this needs further research. This will probably become standard equipment by the end of the decade, similar to towed decoys and expendable decoys.

So tell me Mr medical professional why the Rafale allows up to 11 G for a few seconds? And by the way, from making radio sets, you are now also a medical researcher? You actually sound like a sham.
Everyone except you cannot be a sham.

Are you aware of a gentleman named Dr. Samar Mubarakmand?
What is his original training? Expertise?

Everyone except you cannot be a sham.

Are you aware of a gentleman named Dr. Samar Mubarakmand?
What is his original training? Expertise?

This is his post which clearly says he is presently doing thesis research work in this field:

This is his post which clearly says he is on the radio transmission side:

Here is a post where he says he has worked with latest Chinese equipment

Here he is the author of link work:

There is another post where he says he has measured the impact of bomb blasts on vehicle design.

EDIT: His post above talks about South Africa in general and its expertise in mine resistant vehicles. But yes, he struts around diminishing vehicles form other countries as well.

So yes, a sham. Don't know what your definition of sham is, but this looks like a sham to me. Especially when he will not address why something is allowed on Rafale but cannot be allowed on JF-17.

Last edited:
This is his post which clearly says he is presently doing thesis research work in this field:

This is his post which clearly says he is on the radio transmission side:

There is another post where he says he has measured the impact of bomb blasts on vehicle design.

So yes, a sham. Don't know what your definition of sham is, but this looks like a sham to me. Especially when he will not address why something is allowed on Rafale but cannot be allowed on JF-17.
You misinterpreted the second post entirely - @denel is referring to a hobby. However, to my earlier point - how many years do you have in the field?

Dr. Samar started off as a particle engineer, moved towards centrifuge design and the nuclear tests before working on the Shaheen series and so on.

I was part of this project.
ce3ddce02e2e13635d9e56d9ce498b6a.jpg

Then moved into designing something similar to below which had me study anatomy and how interpret ECGs.
Tempus-In-Home.download.jpg

Then moved into SCADA for refineries so had to learn that with my certifications changing accoridngly.

Now I am a Program manager and have ten projects under me including HW/FW and pure SaaS Solutions.

So if I say that I at one point gained expertise in software defined radio encryption protocols and optimization for embedded systems, link22 for 3 months - all firmware, then ECG data compression -, then PLC design and BLE protocols catered to oil&gas which was both HW&FW, then worked on spectrometers, flue gas detectors and now spend more time holding strategy meetings, defining project plans and directing BA’s in IoT - am I sham for all that history ?

On the other hand, one of our programmers has nothing except design APIs for the last 15 years and is a SME for it. If I ask him about radars or what is a TOC analyzer he has no idea but based on the metrics you seem to outline he isn’t a sham.

You misinterpreted the second post entirely - @denel is referring to a hobby. However, to my earlier point - how many years do you have in the field?

Dr. Samar started off as a particle engineer, moved towards centrifuge design and the nuclear tests before working on the Shaheen series and so on.

I was part of this project.
ce3ddce02e2e13635d9e56d9ce498b6a.jpg

Then moved into designing something similar to below which had me study anatomy and how interpret ECGs.
Tempus-In-Home.download.jpg

Then moved into SCADA for refineries so had to learn that with my certifications changing accoridngly.

Now I am a Program manager and have ten projects under me including HW/FW and pure SaaS Solutions.

So if I say that I at one point gained expertise in software defined radio encryption protocols and optimization for embedded systems, link22 for 3 months - all firmware, then ECG data compression -, then PLC design and BLE protocols catered to oil&gas which was both HW&FW, then worked on spectrometers, flue gas detectors and now spend more time holding strategy meetings, defining project plans and directing BA’s in IoT - am I sham for all that history ?

On the other hand, one of our programmers has nothing except design APIs for the last 15 years and is a SME for it. If I ask him about radars or what is a TOC analyzer he has no idea but based on the metrics you seem to outline he isn’t a sham.

OK, agreed. But he claims to be writing a thesis on a medical subject. You obviously understand the implications of that and the level of expertise required.

OK, agreed. But he claims to be writing a thesis on a medical subject. You obviously understand the implications of that and the level of expertise required.
Absolutely - but at the same time where aforementioned Dr in my post sat 3 feet across from talking of how that team literally went to the library to pick up books on projectiles and rocket flight to start on Shaheen and at the peak of his involvement with Shaheen I dare say - he was a SME when nothing in his history suggested that.

It could be denel is exaggerating or a sham - or maybe someone who has jumped from project to project which had him gain experience in the subject or maybe he switched careers. One of my classmates who has a small contribution to the NRTC project is now a financial regulations compliance consultant with BCG. If I listed his Undergraduate and even graduate degree to you and told you his extremely specialized(and very well compensated) role - you could ask how since that too requires a lot of expertise and study.

As a closer, a few years ago the JF-17 was having issued with its MFDs flickering or turning off mid flight and the airforce reached out to an engineer who was at one time working for GIDS(when it was called IDS), then focused on Cellular systems, then something entirely different - but his reputation was so rock solid from years ago that they called him to troubleshoot and even ignored glaring security concerns from his end. So sometimes it isn’t just surface academics or qualifications but general intellect and problem solving that defines a person.

However, I will state that you need to not just know the subject but actually be able to speak to it intelligently and discuss at various levels if the discussion gets in depth. As an example I know the general overview of what EW systems are but if you put me next to a dedicated RF engineer and he debates me with Fft or EM jargon which I haven’t touched in 15years I will be at a loss and quick copy-paste wont help there. So the humble path is to either go I don’t know or the self aggrandizement path is to attack the messenger. Depends on the member’s character.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom