What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Well we have not seen an unveiling of the JF17 Block III yet can't claim we will have anything next 1-3 years
For time being it seems more of the Block 2B or Block 2 , for next few years till a official unveiling of Block III
Hopefully it is a fully complete Bird , with the originally promised functionality

JF17- Block III has slowed down a bit , the momentum we had for Block I is not there yet with Block III
The Long Endurance flight capabilities and Block II B was great however to not get Block III has been puzzling

Block I , Roll Out , initially slow but it was Satisfactory , speed picked up year to year

Block 2 , Roll Out took extra year but it was done with Excellent year to year objectives

Block 2B , was really a Bonus Plane configuration so it was A+ Surprise

Block 1 <MLU> Excellent Turn around

Block 3 , has been a grade C+ in term of Production / Completion lot of delays

I expected us to have 16-24 Block III by 2021
Take it as a life lesson. Everyone needs to learn to live with disappointment in life at some point.

Well we have not seen an unveiling of the JF17 Block III yet can't claim we will have anything next 1-3 years
For time being it seems more of the Block 2B or Block 2 , for next few years till a official unveiling of Block III
Hopefully it is a fully complete Bird , with the originally promised functionality
Nai bhai i think i remember ACM just recently mention on the induction day of Bravo's that pakistan will field a squadron of block 3s in 2022.

During my latest trip to Pakistan, I met an old family friend and now retired engineer of thunder.
He was tight lipped as ever but upon my insistence he just said that "there is a reason block 3 is delayed by a yr". He also went on to say that "expect some changes in block 3 or a newer block"

So whereas i have a fair idea about the reasons for the delay, I have a ton of ideas for the expected changes.
My speculations are: Is there a possibility rd93ma won't be launched from start, are they planning to further improving the airframe in terms of composites, or lastly, are they planning to increase the airframe size minutely like they did in bravos (I doubt though)
Any idea what might be cooking at pac or chengdu

First rivet was installed by ex-CAS Mujaid on Dec 30th 2020 ... So, it has been more than 2 months to that event. I believe a couple of air frames has been built going through avionics integration and if there is a delay in say HMD etc. then PAC would like to build airframe separate from avionics and allowing teams working on HMD and other stuff some time and integration will be carried out later on across the B3 batch/fleet. In case of this 2nd possibility, there is a chance of 1-3 year delay in the first squadron of B3.

I think you maybe underestimating the jump here between Block I/II and Block III

From what I gather, in terms of avionics, EW, Radar, Block III is a totally different plane. Block II had only incremental improvements over Block I. Even engine maybe slightly different

This is like going from F-16A to F-16C, so naturally there will be more testing and integration. Like you I am impatient for news, but considering we have the might of the Chinese aviation and defence machinery I am pretty confident we will have good news soon
delay is justified keeping in view the wish list items demanded off this modest light weight jet. new engine new radar more weapons etc .

First rivet was installed by ex-CAS Mujaid on Dec 30th 2020 ... So, it has been more than 2 months to that event. I believe a couple of air frames has been built going through avionics integration and if there is a delay in say HMD etc. then PAC would like to build airframe separate from avionics and allowing teams working on HMD and other stuff some time and integration will be carried out later on across the B3 batch/fleet. In case of this 2nd possibility, there is a chance of 1-3 year delay in the first squadron of B3.

There is no delay. Manufacturing of the first four continues. Delay was due to covid-19. All tech including HMDS is ready and tested and finalized before production commenced.

There is no delay. Manufacturing of the first four continues. Delay was due to covid-19. All tech including HMDS is ready and tested and finalized before production commenced.
So HMDS is ready. Which one is picked?
delay is justified keeping in view the wish list items demanded off this modest light weight jet. new engine new radar more weapons etc .
We still have no final word on rd93ma

Made my day. Thanks for sharing great news.

So all four will be unveiled together?

Second pt flew with MA.

No clue. That's up to PAC.
Gud to know a 93MA has been integrated and powering the prt-2... having said that what are the chances that Russians can churn out enough modified 93s for the airframes that are due this year..
Other than the newer structural processes, is the meager number being rolled out in 2021 due to the usual issues in starting a serial production??in this case of rd93MA.

Hi what are the chances of integrating RD93MA onto block 1 and 2s and Bravo's? Is there any plan to replace the engines with MA once they've completed their life cycle?
Second pt flew with MA.

No clue. That's up to PAC.
Also is it confirm that the there's a "20%" thrust increase? Or is this 20% is just speculation?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom