What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

120 degree off bore seems to be not that great as compared to human sight comparison., or do we mean 240 degree 120 on each side of the line of sight.. ??? need experts to chime in ?

View attachment 724247

or a reflex angle angle greater than 180 degree, which in this case is 240 degree off bore sight as compared ot obtuse angle as shown above

View attachment 724260

Folks replying to my post for some expert to pick up and answer the boresight angle from the light of sight for targeting planes.

This is what I am saying. Chinese scientists have a long experience dealing with stealth in its various forms. When it comes to Rafale, that experience will be invaluable in devising counter-strategies.
the rafale is only stealthy from the front but only on a cloudy day when the planets are aligned otherwise it lights up like a candle on the radar screen...source? THIS guy!!! :P
20200801_142615 (1).jpg

it does have a side stick. That has been said by the ACM and others at PAC for some time now.
Can you point out to a link or anything that confirms what you stated? Its the first Im hearing of this. Thanks

GENTLEMEN.
A few observations.
A. Please deal with each post with due considerations at least amongst our own brothers( Obvious exceptions being smelly Indian vermin posters and exclude the few non biased outside/Indian posters). Berrating someone for posting an alternate point of view is not a nice thing. SO PLEASE DEAL WITH EACH OTHER WITH RESPECT.
Thank you.
A

good to hear! requests everybody, act please.

Panasonic makes batteries for Tesla but they didn't design those Batteries, Tesla did. They're just producing them using Tesla's drawings and what not.

Same goes for China making "iphones, laptops, too notch electronics"

They're all designed in house by the companies and China just manufactures them accordingly.
Iphones, laptops, top notch electronics the world over are made in China. Quality + quantity. When was the last time france ever built an electronic product that is world class?

french are only know for making beauty products and handbags. That would be useful for the indian army.

Agreed - but in my personal experience they (much like the US) aren’t giving Pakistan tier 1 access(which should never be expected). That doesn’t mean what Pakistan is getting is “Monkey Model” material but the performance against a comparable western system then suffers.

The ideal solution is technology independence which India or even UAE is much more ahead than Pakistan if not for their own bureaucratic shackles; but its a given with their deep pockets.

The true product of AZM isn’t the 5th gen, but the technology base that will develop due to it. What stops PAC from selling anything it learns on communication or displays to an enterprising local Cellular BTS manufacturer - use that to finance additional R&D?

Sir, I could give you names and areas being worked on today. There is some crazy advanced research going on in Pakistan with Chinese help. Alhamdulillah.

Last edited:
the rafale is only stealthy from the front but only on a cloudy day when the planets are aligned otherwise it lights up like a candle on the radar screen...source? THIS guy!!! :P
View attachment 725264

That certainly looks like the Rafale:

View attachment 725408

But my reasons are more technical in nature. If the RD-93MA delivers 9300 kgf thrust, then with full internal fuel the weight is 8913 kg for Block 1. This already gives a T/W of 1.04. In practice, combat won't take place with full internal fuel, so T/W ratio keeps improving from there. Although it is rated for a G force of +8/-3, there is no reason why they couldn't relax the flight control software to allow it to temporarily (for a few seconds) increase the limit. It doesn't match Rafale's 11g temporary max, but because the Rafale is bigger and heavier, the larger Gs translate into lesser maneuvering ability as compared to the lighter and smaller Thunder that can achieve more with less Gs. And what that means is that Thunder will Insha Allah be a potent threat against Rafale even in WVR. Plus, PAC is working on HMDS as well. This is a killer combination, and no Rafale pilot should make the mistake of taking the Thunder as a walk in the park. My views about BVR are already posted on the forum in various different threads.

Last edited:
That certainly looks lime the Rafale:

View attachment 725408

But my reasons are more technical in nature. If the RD-93MA delivers 9300kgf thrust, then with full internal fuel of the weight is 8913 for Block 1. This already gives a T/W of 1.04. In practice, combat won't take place with full internal fuel, so T/W ratio keeps improving from there. Although it is rated for a G force of +8/-3, there is no reason why they couldn't relax the flight control software to allow it to temporarily (for a few seconds) increase the limit. It doesn't match Rafale's 11g temporary max, but because the Rafale is bigger and heavier, the larger Gs translate into lesser maneuvering ability as compared to the lighter and smaller Thunder that can achieve more with less Gs. And what that means is that Thunder will Insha Allah be a potent threat against Rafale even in WVR. Plus, PAC is working on HMDS as well. This is a killer combination, and no Rafale pilot should make the mistake of taking the Thunder as a walk in the park. My views about BVR are already posted on the forum in various different threads.

Could you provide a link for your post that explains your views on BVR combat between JF-17 and Rafale? I thought it was a pretty clean-cut winning scenario for Rafale, but I am interested in your thoughts and reasoning behind of your speculation.

Could you provide a link for your post that explains your views on BVR combat between JF-17 and Rafale? I thought it was a pretty clean-cut winning scenario for Rafale, but I am interested in your thoughts and reasoning behind of your speculation.

That certainly looks like the Rafale:

View attachment 725408

But my reasons are more technical in nature. If the RD-93MA delivers 9300 kgf thrust, then with full internal fuel the weight is 8913 kg for Block 1. This already gives a T/W of 1.04. In practice, combat won't take place with full internal fuel, so T/W ratio keeps improving from there. Although it is rated for a G force of +8/-3, there is no reason why they couldn't relax the flight control software to allow it to temporarily (for a few seconds) increase the limit. It doesn't match Rafale's 11g temporary max, but because the Rafale is bigger and heavier, the larger Gs translate into lesser maneuvering ability as compared to the lighter and smaller Thunder that can achieve more with less Gs. And what that means is that Thunder will Insha Allah be a potent threat against Rafale even in WVR. Plus, PAC is working on HMDS as well. This is a killer combination, and no Rafale pilot should make the mistake of taking the Thunder as a walk in the park. My views about BVR are already posted on the forum in various different threads.
See videos of G Training..pilots almost pass out at 8G.. so whats the practicality of anything beyond that

Currently yes
With AESA radar of range >180km for 5m2 and PL-15

then its an even field.

Back
Top Bottom