What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

FC-1 is still used in reference to JF-17 in China. That is official and she used it rightly.

The Viper upgrade exists and given the lethality of Fighting Falcon, the same is used in reference. But still, if we are supposed to argue and insist on something which is merely a creation of DCS guys; I am really sorry but the argument as such is nothing but waste of time.

Regards,

Well, eventually it will get a NATO designation. I hope it's not Jeff...

FC-1 is still used in reference to JF-17 in China. That is official and she used it rightly.

The Viper upgrade exists and given the lethality of Fighting Falcon, the same is used in reference. But still, if we are supposed to argue and insist on something which is merely a creation of DCS guys; I am really sorry but the argument as such is nothing but waste of time.

Regards,
Than you should call it by it's original name and that is fc-1.
No its not. Its a few idiots wannabe goras on pdf that use this name

Almost all aircraft being developed now have HMD. Doesnt mean it will be the most basic form...and please don't teach us English when you don't know what you are saying .
Basic means just that...semantics is your thing.
By your standard world is operating 5th gen aircrafts or highly upgraded 4th gen aircrafts.where do you rank our jf-17.

Last edited:
Lol we have now moved from speculation to name discussion, but still no pics of Block 3 :lol: I click this thread every time just HOPING, but kismat kharaab hai :hitwall:

Indeed. NATO's designation will be interesting if it is different than Thunder.

My Dear Friend, I don't know what wrong I have done that you aren't getting my point at all. Bhai mazrat k sath... FC-1 is the name in China & JF-17 Thunder is the name in Pakistan. Two official designations and that's official as compare to that Jeff calling. Will you be please kind enough and try to understand instead of derailing the topic for no good at all?

No more off-topic discussion and there is no JEFF air craft. Anyone using such slang or irrelevant term for JF-17, will be banned from thread initially. Those who don't know about the difference of names like FC-1 & JF-17 Thunder, start reading from the development of the Air Craft to till date before getting into irrelevant debate.

Regards,

By your standard world is operating 5th gen aircrafts or highly upgraded 4th gen aircrafts.where do you rank our jf-17.
Is that even a question ???

Nato designation can never be "Jeff"
Nato designations follow a protocol, all fighters designations start with the letter "F", i.e. Fishbed, Frogfoot, Faceplate, Fagot, Fang, Fantail

All Bomber designations start with letter "B", i.e. Bank, Bison, Bull, Badger, Bear, Beagle, Blackjack, Blinder etc

Nato designation can never be "Jeff"
Nato designations follow a protocol, all fighters designations start with the letter "F", i.e. Fishbed, Frogfoot, Faceplate, Fagot, Fang, Fantail

All Bomber designations start with letter "B", i.e. Bank, Bison, Bull, Badger, Bear, Beagle, Blackjack, Blinder etc

Ffej??? :lol: As far as I know, there is no official NATO document that says fighter designations must start with F. It really is a matter of what sticks amongst professionals.

Fierce Dragon can be the name for jf17, don't think NATO will deviate from its current naming scheme for just one fighter plane.

Ffej??? :lol: As far as I know, there is no official NATO document that says fighter designations must start with F. It really is a matter of what sticks amongst professionals.
From 1954 the Air Standards Co-ordinating Committee (ASCC) allocated code names to Chinese and Soviet aircraft. This was essential given the uncertainty in the West about the true designations. The scheme used words beginning B (Bomber), C (Transport), F (Fighter), H (Helicopter), M (Miscellaneous including trainers). For fixed-wing aircraft single syllable words were applied to prop-driven aircraft while two-syllable words were used for jet-engined types. Prior to 1954 NATO used the USAF type number system which ran from 1 to 40, but which offered less flexibility in describing variants.

Wesay how long before NATO gives a designation to JF17? The jet has been in service more than a decade with 3 countries. What is the criteria?.

Wesay how long before NATO gives a designation to JF17? The jet has been in service more than a decade with 3 countries. What is the criteria?.
Think NATO designations are only for Soviet/Russian jets

From 1954 the Air Standards Co-ordinating Committee (ASCC) allocated code names to Chinese and Soviet aircraft. This was essential given the uncertainty in the West about the true designations. The scheme used words beginning B (Bomber), C (Transport), F (Fighter), H (Helicopter), M (Miscellaneous including trainers). For fixed-wing aircraft single syllable words were applied to prop-driven aircraft while two-syllable words were used for jet-engined types. Prior to 1954 NATO used the USAF type number system which ran from 1 to 40, but which offered less flexibility in describing variants.

The point being?

When NATO pilots start training to face it in combat. In other words, as more and more countries acquire it and it becomes a world wide phenomenon.

When NATO pilots start training to face it in combat. In other words, as more and more countries acquire it and it becomes a world wide phenomenon.
Can you name any other jet on par with jf-17 which is opreation and doesn't have a NATO designation?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom