What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Considering advancements in 3D metal printing, does the PAF use 3D printing of metal parts for the JF-17?

The PAF could extend the airframe life of its JF-17 by replacing some of the parts with modified but more durable (still metal, to keep costs down) alternative designs; designed specifically to better withstand the forces that caused the original part to fail.

If a certain part tends to wear out more often, creating metal part, especially one single piece where possibly multiple pieces that are wielded or fasten together would have gone.

It would be cheaper then switching to more composites, and would offer a route to improve the performances of the earlier Blocks already in service, lighter and less maintenance. There is the added benefits of parts on demand, reducing the need to store spares, and a “field” printer at a fighter base can print the parts it needs without having to get the parts from Kamra. The cost saving in production, storage, maintenance should more than cover the cost of switching to this kind of a logistical and maintenance model.

Casting large single pieces with the right kind of press may also help build the JF-17 faster and with less rivots/fasteners, creating less points of potential failure from thousands of hours of high stress use

This technology is not readily available outside of the first world countries. And there is a lot more to it. I made a post here sort of describing what goes into it but it is a definite must for future programs. It might not be largely impactful on airframe structures as much as engine components and more complex pieces that are harder to manufacture or require many smaller parts to be welded or joined together.

Are we going to see a pl15 with block 3

My post wasn't directed to reveal something rather, it was a comment for those with weak heart and being impatient. There was a message that "Keep Calm & Wait for IT". PL-15 may seems little as far as the planned capability is concerned. I chose this thread for some reasons. Let's say that "In'Sha'ALLAH".
@the

oh KHUDDA ka waasta bta day yaar! 🤦🏻‍♂️😕

Bhai aap rehne do. I mean, aap yahi samjho k ma mazak kar raha thaa. Shukriya.
sir is every thing all right?
what is happening?

Everything is fine... in-fact doing great as far as our security is concerned. The message has to be conveyed so I did. The concern quarters at receiving end, are continuously biting nails and awaits something from OSINT.

To whom it may concern: My dear friend(s), I am way older for the things like making tall claims at all.... I am not in that class.... I have my history on this board. I don't know why someone believe as such but trust me, not everyone here is to seek attention or some self promotion. Message was to share a relief for all the friends.

Last edited:
My post wasn't directed to reveal something rather, it was a comment for those with weak heart and being impatient. There was a message that "Keep Calm & Wait for IT". PL-15 may seems little as far as the planned capability is concerned. I chose this thread for some reasons. Let's say that "In'Sha'ALLAH".

Bhai aap rehne do. I mean, aap yahi samjho k ma mazak kar raha thaa. Shukriya.

Everything is fine... in-fact doing great as far as our security is concerned. The message has to be conveyed so I did. The concern quarters at receiving end, are continuously biting nails and awaits something from OSINT.

To whom it may concern: My dear friend(s), I am way older for the things like making tall claims at all.... I am not in that class.... I have my history on this board. I don't know why someone believe as such but trust me, not everyone here is to seek attention or some self promotion. Message was to share a relief for all the friends.
We will see BLK 3 in Pakistan colours over Islamabad doing air show with the bang and dropping candies for kids.
Bro we are getting old why are you giving us the high blood pressure with anticipation you know what sort of people we are impatient and hot headed. 😁

We will see BLK 3 in Pakistan colours over Islamabad doing air show with the bang and dropping candies for kids.
Bro we are getting old why are you giving us the high blood pressure with anticipation you know what sort of people we are impatient and hot headed. 😁

There's always years work behind any success in any field and sometimes, it takes weeks, months or an year in the end to come to fruition but we shall not lose the true essence of success merely being impatient. Nothing is achieve in an overnight work. Big things takes time to happen. Conclusively, PAF will maintain the capability of first see, first shoot.

You might remember that how some of us were cursing Pakistan decision for not going to Yemen. Today EU is debating to label it as a genocide while US is removing houthis from terrorist designation while stops supports/funds specifically for Yemen war. Eventually, Pakistan decision proven to be right & plausible again. Had we been there merely to have the so-called & marketed heaven in form of dollars & weapons; today we would be with head down in shame & being fools. Don't we all think that we would be like received nothing, no dollars or weapons yet blamed for taking part in such war that has no big achievement. We saved the grace and so strengthen our defence instead of betting on the so-called monies & weapons in return which would have been denied by now. We would have lost more than we were supposed to earn. We will be sitting idle in self reliance category for defence and been waiting for weapons to be released for us and today, would be the day that would have been found vulnerable by the enemy. But NO, it is way different than what the short sighted rivals, enemies or even our friends planned on that time. The same US supported them to go into the Yemen and today the same US in the name of different Administration has thrown them in open without any support. Get the drift.

ALHAMDULILLAH we saved ourselves from yet another humiliation and we move ahead with our plan of security for defence in many areas. The lesson is, sometimes things looks way to attractive but on other hand, Wiseman plans in long run given the results & achievements for decades to come.

This technology is not readily available outside of the first world countries. And there is a lot more to it. I made a post here sort of describing what goes into it but it is a definite must for future programs. It might not be largely impactful on airframe structures as much as engine components and more complex pieces that are harder to manufacture or require many smaller parts to be welded or joined together.

I would assume China has similar technology, including something similar to Tesla’s single piece casting machines. As a partner in the JF-17 project, they could transfer the technology to Pakistan or at least help make the parts at the Chengdu plant.

For the past few years, they already seem to be using the technology on the J-20.

we need to streamline and mass produce block 3
We need stream line ammunitions for block 3 including long range BVRs, and small diameter bombs and future loitering ammunition

Teja block 2 specs looks promising seems they have taken a clue from JFT blk3. I wonder will blk 3 be able to surpass rafael technologically and would able to humiliate french technology? Just a wishful thought and hope inshallah blk3 will do more than I expect ... God willing

Off topic posts removed and thread ban is issued accordingly. Members with no input shall not bother at all.

Thank you

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom