What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Honestly, the thing i'm looking forward to most is when Block III is finally unveiled, we can finally look into starting: JF-17 Block-4 -- Updates, News & Discussion

...and start/continue all these amazing discussions all over again.

No antiship
No stand off weapons
No antiradiation
No future aim120D or aim9x

F16 are good for precision strike in uncontested air and airsuperirority till the aim120c gets outgunned but thats about it
PAF should treat the F16s as the BVR version of the F-7PG...strictly a defensive interceptor.

As I said, a lot being said for those who reads between the lines. However, in regard to your post, I can only comment that let's see because Pakistan Armed Forces would be a unique case going backward!
None of these backward comments came when Israel developed the Popeye-lite - or when SDB’s were introduced.
As for news and burdens, it is better to satisfy oneself instead of revealing anything since there already plenty with information diahorrea that have led to operational security breaches.

Many of these are former serving who forget how much OSINT can contribute at times.

They already tried that and we were ready to escalate it to the next level, we had thought through it before launching the retaliatory strikes

But would have been followed by missle strikes on pakistan bases ...pretty sure on that..
What we had done next..either jump in war or escalate down either way not feasible

Had u had strong economy decent reserves of oil and dollars then ofcourse yeah..but u r in IMF program and people cant do without imported cheese (see govt employees these days) and you think war would have worked

This over confidence led to 1971 debacle

You need to calculate every move

Goal should be decrease the military land size, decrease paramilitary and improve police(especially SINDH).
thus diverting man power to airforce

Also the cost would be much lower with greater numbers and local production

We probably should go for 250-300 thunders rather then procuring something else

Considering advancements in 3D metal printing, does the PAF use 3D printing of metal parts for the JF-17?

The PAF could extend the airframe life of its JF-17 by replacing some of the parts with modified but more durable (still metal, to keep costs down) alternative designs; designed specifically to better withstand the forces that caused the original part to fail.

If a certain part tends to wear out more often, creating metal part, especially one single piece where possibly multiple pieces that are wielded or fasten together would have gone.

It would be cheaper then switching to more composites, and would offer a route to improve the performances of the earlier Blocks already in service, lighter and less maintenance. There is the added benefits of parts on demand, reducing the need to store spares, and a “field” printer at a fighter base can print the parts it needs without having to get the parts from Kamra. The cost saving in production, storage, maintenance should more than cover the cost of switching to this kind of a logistical and maintenance model.

Casting large single pieces with the right kind of press may also help build the JF-17 faster and with less rivots/fasteners, creating less points of potential failure from thousands of hours of high stress use

Last edited:
just shooting down two made your forces go bonkers that they started shooting their own, they would have done jack shit nothing, if the IA started preparing for an all out war, what stopped them? What stopped them from taking on Chinese when they took your 24 thousand square KM? you people can only fart, their ain't no shit in your arses do anything solid

Shooting down 12 aircraft would invite an Indian invasion which the Pak army at the time could not handle (and I doubt today's Pak army can handle it for very long either). Hell, even with 2 aircracft down, the army began preparing for an all out war.

They already tried that and we were ready to escalate it to the next level, we had thought through it before launching the retaliatory strikes
Yes..and then when you would have tried to fly next sortie you would have found out you dont have enough oil

You need substance to talk
We saw what empty talk led to 1971
Your country was bankruptcy in 2018 while we were begging around arab countries and IMF

despite our sucessful begging people are crying
Imagine if we had no begging how much would have people cried(>250 rupee value)
Imagine if you had war how much people would have cried

just shooting down two made your forces go bonkers that they started shooting their own, they would have done jack shit nothing, if the IA started preparing for an all out war, what stopped them? What stopped them from taking on Chinese when they took your 24 thousand square KM? you people can only fart, their ain't no shit in your arses do anything solid
dude i'm Pakistani, stop acting like a 2rs it cell troll who can't handle criticism. People like you are in the IAF leadeship and are their arrogance is the only reason the PAF wiped the floor with the IAF on Feb 27.

LOL, that was a self goal, I Pulled an Indian Army Air defense on you :)

dude i'm Pakistani, stop acting like a 2rs it cell troll who can't handle criticism. People like you are in the IAF leadeship and are their arrogance is the only reason the PAF wiped the floor with the IAF on Feb 27.

Sri Lanka is back in China’s camp. Imran Khan will be in Sri Lanka in few days. Let’s hope he mention JF-17 block 3.

None of these backward comments came when Israel developed the Popeye-lite - or when SDB’s were introduced.
As for news and burdens, it is better to satisfy oneself instead of revealing anything since there already plenty with information diahorrea that have led to operational security breaches.

Many of these are former serving who forget how much OSINT can contribute at times.

Can't disagree. I really hope that our generation may learn one or two things rather than being forum members only. Sometimes, am really surprised by the posts & approach of people that shows so much of impatience or anxiety and never try to understand what's being said in riddles. After all, everyone would like to see a stronger defence forces, well equipped & invested worth enough. Nobody goes to the side of exploring ideas & adding a bit for the evolution or at large, for revolution.

Keep hammering us Sire.

Brace yourself everyone..... :pakistan:

So we have been ready for two days and I haven´t read any news which would have "braced my self...."

And since I don´t have any inside info I like to take a really wild guess.... :rofl:

First the wild guess and then the explanation of my wild guess.

Wild Guess:

PAF will receive x numbers of JF-17 BLK 3 - ready to be inducted in x number of squadrons with a new Chinese engine. That would be a news that would have made me braced myself....

Reason:
1) @The Eagle wrote in JF-17 BLK3 thread - so it has to be some news about JF-17 BLK3
2) China declared some time ago that it had speeded up fighter production for Pakistan - which fighter did they talk about? - is still confusing of why they mad this statement.. and we haven´t heard of anything more about this.
3) Since JF-17 BLK3 is very very different than BLK 2 there would have been a need for training technicians and staff from Pakistan. Because BLK 3 is almost new and very different aircraft the initial batch would need to be produced in China and hence personnel needed to be trained.
4) No signing of a new contract for an engine for JF-17 BLK 3 (to my knowledge) - for BLK I and II there was a contract of 250 engines
5) Only this development would mean no urgent need for J10-C

@The Eagle - Your turn 8-) :-)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom